• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It's bad if you use only rare candies, because that way you won't get any EV's at all. But, that can only happen if someone uses cheats, and most people who do that would just use Pokesav or whatever and not do something like that.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It's bad if you use only rare candies, because that way you won't get any EV's at all. But, that can only happen if someone uses cheats, and most people who do that would just use Pokesav or whatever and not do something like that.

Yeah, that's why I use Serebii for EV training. I raise them up to lv. 100, give them some terrible moves and let them fight the needed guys.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • thank you i needed this info so i can countinue my mono type dark challenge because I want a murcrow (i need to wait 30 mins)

I'm pretty sure, though not sure if it's been "fixed"
    You can just change the clock on your DS before you start up your pokemon and the time will be changed as well, that's what I've done for time specific pokemon I wanted to get..

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    im planning to my chaalenge without saving (i have a file and i only have one game)

that means I cant get a Spirtomb or Weavile

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Okay quick question. lets say I have a lv 50 pokemon that I caught and wanted to enter in the Battle tower. If I gave it vitamins would I see the stat boosts in the Battle Tower, or is it already too late since it's at lv 50 already?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Okay quick question. lets say I have a lv 50 pokemon that I caught and wanted to enter in the Battle tower. If I gave it vitamins would I see the stat boosts in the Battle Tower, or is it already too late since it's at lv 50 already?
    Im pretty sure you will get the boost

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010

yea itll show. :D

good luck!

i just beat the tower tycoon the 2nd time (49 battle streak) 5 min ago! ^^

Scalfittura

James Fan
    Years
  • I have a question, maybe a dumb question, but I don't care ;)
    Okaay, here it is:
    What do you get if you beat the record in the Game Corner in D/P?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Yes but... if you Candy Bash them to Lv. 100 first and then EV train... you won't get any EVs. =/

There is a way for it to gain EV's. I was told that when you EV train, deposit it in the PC and take it out, and the stats will have changed. Never tried it, but sites say it works. Does it work though?

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    mt coronet help!

iv completed pearl a while back now but my freind who has 7 gym badges broke his ds and only recently had it back. therefore he is not too sure how to get rid of the sign with a picture of azelf,uxie and mesprit on the second floor of the mountain. as i did this a long time ago on my game iv forgot how to do it.
    please could u help us?!
    btw he has diamond if that matters.
    thanks in advance

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • There is a way for it to gain EV's. I was told that when you EV train, deposit it in the PC and take it out, and the stats will have changed. Never tried it, but sites say it works. Does it work though?
    You can't gain any EV's if the Pokémon hit Lv. 100, as it can't get any Experience Points anymore. No Exp. = No EV's.

When you EV train and then deposit the Pokémon it doesn't actually train it. It just gives it the Stat boost it would get the next time it levels up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back