• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon vs Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I like both, Pokemon do kind of better games wise but I loved the Digimon anime, the plot in the first 2 seasons seemed more unique and original, unlike collecting 8 badges spanning over hundreds of episodes and running into pit holes almost every episode.

I'm going to be hated for this... But most of the time I prefer Digimon.

But that does NOT mean I don't like Pokemon, remember that before attempting any bashings.

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    Pokemon because Digimon to me is a copy of Pokemon and I haven't heard from Digimon in a long time
    A-NO-THER-ONE-WHO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!
    [/overreacts at people who say Digimon is a Pokemon rip-off]

It never ends, I swear. ;___; Also, be honest: did you give Digimon a chance before saying 'it fails'?
    Above statements be true. Anime-wise and design-wise, Digimon trumps Pokemon by a really long run. For games, Pokemon is simpler and more enjoyable. I enjoyed Digimon Dusk though.

Years
    A-NO-THER-ONE-WHO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!
    [/overreacts at people who say Digimon is a Pokemon rip-off]

It never ends, I swear. ;___; Also, be honest: did you give Digimon a chance before saying 'it fails'?
    Above statements be true. Anime-wise and design-wise, Digimon trumps Pokemon by a really long run. For games, Pokemon is simpler and more enjoyable. I enjoyed Digimon Dusk though.

Yup, I also liked Digimon Dusk and I don't even think that Pokémon Diamond is sooo much better than it. xD
    Well, I still have to complete Digimon Dusk as its level of difficulty is kinda high. (in my opinion).
    But yea, the Digimon anime is a lot better than Pokémon Anime. I liked all Digimon seasons till Frontier... then it became bad unfortunately.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I've always loved watching the digimon anime. But the only ones I ever watched was seasons 3 and 5.(5 as in the jap anime) I watched most of season 3 as the english dub but I prefer watching its jap version. It seems to have a more interesting storyline than pokemon in my opinion, and Digimon Savers had some pretty hilarious episodes. But Digimon only had one good video game and that was Digimon World 4. All of its other games aren't as good as it and as good as the pokemon games. Pokemon on the other hand has much better games which are constantly evolving into even better games. Digimon rarely has any new games and I dont think they will be making any more games for it. The seasons for digimon pretty much died too, but the pokemon seasons still keep going on and on. (at least I think it is) So pretty much in terms of gameplay I would side with pokemon, and in anime I would side with digimon.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I think the Digimon anime is far better, but seeing as this is the games forum and not the anime forum, I won't focus on the anime here.

When it comes to games, Digimon loses big time. None of the Digimon games I've played were particularly creative or interesting. They were all kind of generic and derivative. While the anime focused heavily on story and characters, the Digimon games have never had half-decent stories at all. Pokemon on the other hand has terrificly designed games that never get old.

As far as games go, Pokemon definitely pwns.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I've always liked Pokemon better than Digimon, imo Digimon is pretty stupid (no offense to the people that like it)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Digimon ftw. Well written TV episodes without a copy-pasta plot-line repeated over and over and over? yesplz.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Game-wise? Pokemon for sure. I have considered buying digimon games in the past, but i'm really not sure if they're any good or not. Pokemon on the otherhand has amazing replayability, and with the addition of the Global Network, you can actually play with other people rather than searching for people on the playground who are playing (and carrying around the link cable with you[never owned one])

Anime-wise, Digimon by far. Better plot, better characters, no lagging time, doesn't last forever, adds fluff apart from the shows (Royal Knights, Seven Demon Lords), having characters that DON'T throw away their partners the moment they actually become good

Overall, Digimon wins because the anime entertains me much longer and much better than Pokemon does XD

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    This is a Pokemon forum, of course Pokemon is going to win, it's completely biased, even though pokemon is easily going to win unless you were on a Digimon forum, and even there Pokemon has a shot.

Looking at the franchises as a whole, Pokemon Is completely superior, the Digimon World games are entertaining at best, not really fun.

BUT, the original Digimon World for the PS1 is my favorite game of all time, this game is a gigantic golden nugget in a barrel of manure, PS greatest hits, and all the games in the series after that just degrade that name even more... If only Bandai would had stuck with what they had going...

The first Digimon World is better than any Pokemon game I've ever played, and that's why I vote for DIGIMON

Besides, how can you not love a game where in the special thanks section of the credits it says "chicken nuggets"?

Edit: And if we're going to count the anime too, Digimon's anime is ten times better than Pokemon's. As long as we all just pretend that season 5 doesn't exist >.>

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I like both, but Pokemon will always be the best in my opinion.

Old Digimon was good, new Digimon sucks.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I can't say I have much experience as far as the Digimon games go, but I have to agree.. the anime is better than Pokemon.

But in general.. I would have to say that Pokemon is better overall. The games are better, I like the concept better, the card game is better, etc..

But I still appreciate Digimon, and NO.. Digimon isn't a rip off of Pokemon.
    They're hardly the same at all.
    The only similar things are the "mon" and evolution (and in Digimon the evolution usually isn't even permanant).

Years
    I like them both equally. Although the Digimon Anime became lame after Digimon Tamers or whatever that was called and I'm not really into the Pokémon anime anymore it just seems to be repetative.

I think the Pokemon video games are waaay better than the Digimon ones, Digimon Rumble Arena was cool though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back