• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon vs Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Well, I've always liked Digimon more than Pokemon.... I like the more detailed and monstrous designs of the Digimon more than the designs of Pokemon.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    POKEMON.

^_^ All Digimon was, was a knock-off of pokemon. Somebody saw how the pokemon business took off and did so well, so they decided they'd do the exact same thing, and unfortunately for them, it didn't work out like they'd planned. So...Pokemon came first, pokemon is way better, and pokemon's not a copy of something that was already in existence previously.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well the original Digimon anime did rocked and by no way am I going to hate on you Digimon fans. The original Pokemon anime was bearable but the new episodes are just garbage.

But overall Pokemon get's my vote.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Digimon- the first few animes were FTW.
    Pokemon- all the games epic win.

I like Pokemon more but I don't hate Digimon.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    POKEMON.

^_^ All Digimon was, was a knock-off of pokemon. Somebody saw how the pokemon business took off and did so well, so they decided they'd do the exact same thing, and unfortunately for them, it didn't work out like they'd planned. So...Pokemon came first, pokemon is way better, and pokemon's not a copy of something that was already in existence previously.

... Digimon came out first in Japan you know.

Also:
    Pokemon story: CATCH EM ALL LOLZ

Digimon story: Saving two worlds from dangerous powerful monsters.

WOW, THE SIMILARITIES ARE IMMENSE!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    The Pokemon games are better, but the Digimon anime is waaay more entertaining than Pokemon.

Neither Pokemon nor Digimon are a rip-off of the other. Sure, they both have monsters that can change shape accompanying ten year old kids, but as it's been said before, there are few similarities.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It just turned out to be that people would respond to Pokemon better than Digimon. Pokemon is more kid friendly.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I like both, but the Pokémon games are definitely superior while the Digimon cartoons have the upper hand. In all I prefer Pokémon, but I love the creativity Digimon has.

Also, it frustrates me when people say Digimon is "just a rip-off" of Pokémon. That's basically the same as "I've never seen Digimon but I'm flaming it anyway!"

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    And according to Wikipedia, Digimon is a copy of Tamagotchi.

Digimon pretty much was an extensin of the Tamagochi.

Wrong again. That was a marketing ploy by Nintendo of America when the series first came out. It was dropped years ago.

Well, what is the story?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    For Ash, it's to collect all 8 badges and participate in the region's league or defeat the Battle Frontier. In general, it's to become a Pokémon Master but it's never been explained how a person becomes a Pokémon Master.

For the female, it's to collect 5 contest ribbons and participate in the Grand Festival.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    POKEMON.

That post does not make you come across as someone who knows what the heck they're talking about.

Digimon is hardly a knock-off of Pokemon, as their only real similarity is in name. It's like saying that Dragon Quest is a knock-off of King's Quest, even though they're totally different kinds of games. If you'd do a little research, you'd find that Digimon was not trying to do the same thing as Pokemon. The original Digimon games shared the same roots as the Tamagotchi, which was made by the same company as Digimon. They focused on raising a single monster/pet, as opposed to Pokemon which has always focused on collection.

The differences are evident in the animes as well. While each human has one monster as a partner in Digimon, the characters in Pokemon collect multiple monsters that aren't given a great amount of attention or depth. They also have little common ground in terms of story and presentation, as Digimon falls under the category of science-fiction, while Pokemon is sort of its own thing.

Also, that smily you used at the start of that paragraph comes across as overly smug.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    For Ash, it's to collect all 8 badges and participate in the region's league or defeat the Battle Frontier. In general, it's to become a Pokémon Master but it's never been explained how a person becomes a Pokémon Master.

For the female, it's to collect 5 contest ribbons and participate in the Grand Festival.

I think getting the Badges and becoming League Champion means Ash has achieved his goal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back