• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Ok, i remember your think :)
I see the starter and evolutions, froakie look cute and the last evolution look strong :D
I see too new (or old?) gyarados evolutions.. Look really cool.. Epic :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Protean Greninja is insane, it gets STAB for every moves it uses while it confuses/annoys people in competitive.^^

Barbaracle may look freaky, but he's should not be underestimated! He's a good addition to our Water family. :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Lesqx, I'm glad that you are active here. :')

New Topic:
Thoughts on Drizzle getting nerf and effects on affected team mates' Abilities: Hydration, Swift Swim. (Note: Dry Skin was not included, as of Gen VI no Water Pokemon can have it. Do NOT discuss other weathers here.)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Lesqx, I'm glad that you are active here. :')

New Topic:
Thoughts on Drizzle getting nerf and effects on affected team mates' Abilities: Hydration, Swift Swim. (Note: Dry Skin was not included, as of Gen VI no Water Pokemon can have it. Do NOT discuss other weathers here.)

Drizzle was the whole set up to my Triple Battle team...I now need to give Pokemon Rain Dance which takes away attacks from my Team and Nerf's my whole Battle Strategies...Pokemon justs likes to Nerf Pokemon, types and attacks.
I never really used Swift Swim and I don't like hydration that much but if Drizzle is getting Nerfed than Hydration does too if there is no Rain.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Drizzle was the whole set up to my Triple Battle team...I now need to give Pokemon Rain Dance which takes away attacks from my Team and Nerf's my whole Battle Strategies...Pokemon justs likes to Nerf Pokemon, types and attacks.
I never really used Swift Swim and I don't like hydration that much but if Drizzle is getting Nerfed than Hydration does too if there is no Rain.

While most people out there are rejoicing the nerf. I feel sad, for Pokemon who have been collecting dust like Politoed, giving it Drizzle in Gen V is like granting it a new life and finally found a purpose for himself in competitive.

Water Pokemon are my favorite, but I have to be fair and my opinions cannot be biased. Seaking, Dewgong and even the very first Water Dragon Kingdra are quite suffering with their base stats. But with Swift Swim under raining conditions, Seaking can finally compete with the others out there; Kingdra wouldn't be suffering much compare to its other Dragon peers. While Hydration Dewgong gets stronger under the rain as well, and it can use Rest to recover HP while getting his status problem fixed during rain.

Even Cloud Nine gets more useless with this nerf... The nerf actually created an imbalance to Pokemon that needs the support of weather, in other words it's unfair. :(

Kyogre... Even doesn't sound Kyogre to me now... :/

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
In Gen 3 I loved the introduction of weather and how it boosts specific attack types. My rain weather Castform (Temporary Water Type) Can't uses its Weather Ball in Drizzle Rain that long and that's sad. What happens if a Gen 3 Remake does happen and we get to go and capture Kyorge again. It's gonna be a very short downpour for the Legendary Ocean Maker Pokemon.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
In Gen 3 I loved the introduction of weather and how it boosts specific attack types. My rain weather Castform (Temporary Water Type) Can't uses its Weather Ball in Drizzle Rain that long and that's sad. What happens if a Gen 3 Remake does happen and we get to go and capture Kyorge again. It's gonna be a very short downpour for the Legendary Ocean Maker Pokemon.

That's right! So I was thinking what the heck did you do to Kyogre and his counterpart. They should just introduced a new and similar yet weaker ability(a la 5 turns rain for Politoed while Kyogre keeps Drizzle).

Hehe cool :)
I am pleased that it has been "warmly welcomed" to the group {XD}
Nice ppl here :)

Yes. Please feel free to join in the current discussion! ^^

Last edited:

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Water Gym Leader said:
In Gen 3 I loved the introduction of weather and how it boosts specific attack types. My rain weather Castform (Temporary Water Type) Can't uses its Weather Ball in Drizzle Rain that long and that's sad. What happens if a Gen 3 Remake does happen and we get to go and capture Kyorge again. It's gonna be a very short downpour for the Legendary Ocean Maker Pokemon

I agree with this absolutely ^ :)

Yes. Please feel free to join in the current discussion! ^^

and what do I have to say, if all i wanted to say it wrote the Water Gym Leader? {XD}

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I agree with this absolutely ^ :)

and what do I have to say, if all i wanted to say it wrote the Water Gym Leader? {XD}

Of course I know it's for the Captain, but I'm replying and creating posts so I can bump the thread.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Hehe, i understand you :)

Thank you so much. {:3}
When the Captain is absent, I voluntary take his responsibility for watching over the club. Doesn't give me any awards and prizes and stuff, it even makes me appear as a nosey person. But the Captain's efforts to the club that impressed me, that is why I decided to lend a hand. :)

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Thank you so much. {:3}
When the Captain is absent, I voluntary take his responsible for watching over the club. Doesn't give me any awards and prizes and stuff, it even makes me appear as a nosey person. But the Captain's efforts to the club that impressed me, that is why I decided to lend a hand. :)

Awe, you're too kind. I'm sorry but this weekend and next weekend I'm not gonna be active in the club as I have work, school and other responsibilities that take away time from me getting my feet wet here. I will try to pop in every once in a while but I can't make any promises.

Now If I may, How do we all feel about the updated attacks?
(Attacks that got Nerfed are: Hydro Pump from a power of 120 down to 110 and Muddy Water & Surf from 95 to 90.)
(Attacks that got boosted are: Water Pledge 50 to 80, Crabhammer 90 to 100, and Bubble 20 to 40.)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Awe, you're too kind. I'm sorry but this weekend and next weekend I'm not gonna be active in the club as I have work, school and other responsibilities that take away time from me getting my feet wet here. I will try to pop in every once in a while but I can't make any promises.

Now If I may, How do we all feel about the updated attacks?
(Attacks that got Nerfed are: Hydro Pump from a power of 120 down to 110 and Muddy Water & Surf from 95 to 90.)
(Attacks that got boosted are: Water Pledge 50 to 80, Crabhammer 90 to 100, and Bubble 20 to 40.)

No need to worry, I will take care of our club and keep it alive.
In case of receiving new members' applications while you are absent, I will PM the applications to you. {:3}

Before I stat my opinion regarding the alterations of the moves. I understand the nerfs because the moves are too overpowered! There are times the slower player's party gets wipe out before they could launch a move.

As for my opinion, it's swaying. It might be a good news for those Pokemon that are slow and/or frail defenses. But definitely no good for speedy sweepers like Starmie and Greninja.

The boost for Pleges are interesting, might be able to see a few light in the triple/double competitive.

As for Bubbles... No! I'd rather they boost the BP of Water Pulse and Bubblebeam... :/

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
tumblr_mvx4p11qLY1rjenv2o1_500.gif
tumblr_mvxe4pMF7i1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Was just browsing Pokemon gifs on tumblr, and look, Water battles!​

I didn't know about the updated Water attacks actually. Surf (and Waterfall actually) is my favorite move for my Water-types, as it has great power, and is also a field move, so I don't really like the nerf, but it's a very small decrease, so I don't think it'll affect me that much.

The boost to Water Pledge may encourage using starters in double or triple battles, and it's something I've been meaning to try out for a long time, so I'll definitely do that sometime soon. And Bubble well, all the more power for lower leveled Water Pokemon, right?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
tumblr_mvx4p11qLY1rjenv2o1_500.gif
tumblr_mvxe4pMF7i1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Was just browsing Pokemon gifs on tumblr, and look, Water battles!​

And Bubble well, all the more power for lower leveled Water Pokemon, right?

I assume those scenes were from the Johto Water Gym battle. {:3}

*cough* Water Gun *cough* :S

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
I didnt know too about the updates water attacks. I love surf, hydro pump, muddy water (in gastrodon or swampert) and at lowers lvl water gun or bubble, but updated attacks sounds interesing. Strong attacks will be stronger? Cool {:3}

Try all Water-team! It's much more EXCITING! {XD}
I used this party before: Swampert, Milotic, Sharpedo, Pelipper, Ludicolo, Gorebyss

Now i started Pokemon Light Platinum, i try complete this game only with Water Pokemons! ^^

Reactions: Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back