• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Welcome Mickey to our group! :)

And i have a question: Which pokemon is better:

-

or:

-

I dont know which pick/caught :D What we think about this pokemons? :)

Apologies for my absence D:

Anyways, I prefer Kingler. I prefer it's type, design, moveset, strengths etc.

Cool Cat Mickey

OG Pokebreeder
Years
In response to lesqx. I prefer Crawdaunt. Aesthetically it's more pleasing, and it brings back good memories of Ruby and Sapphire. I know that Kingler is a classic on the other hand.

Years
Hey hey everyone!

I am goldenarticuno, my partner pokemon are actually two-fold: 'Serpent' the Milotic! and 'DoeEyes' the Lapras !!

Reason for joining the club: I love water pokemon, not only because of their design, but also the colour blue, their power, Misty!! (Misty I miss you <3) all have led to me certainly preferencing these pokemon!

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years

DIVING DEEP
An Aquatic Tournament

Hello! I, Arlyn, your Captain, am organizing a tournament that is exclusively for our club members. The purpose of this tournament is to keep our club activity, as well as to get to know each other. Please post your application in the club thread, without your Pokemon party for the tournament. I will get back to you with a confirmation message. :)

Agreement and Rules

• Follow all PokeCommunity, Pokémon Clubs and our club's rules;
  • There will be ONLY eight contestants competing for the prizes. First come first serve.
  • Gen V games: Unova Pokédex Pokémon and Water-type only:
    1. Must include 4 Pokémon from the list below.
      Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott,
      Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad,
      Panpour, Simipour,
      Tirtouga, Carracosta,
      Ducklett, Swanna,
      Frillish, Jellicent,
      Basculin, Alomomola
    2. Only 2 Pokémon from the below list can be part of the party:
      Psyduck, Golduck, Marill, Azumarill,
      Vaporeon, Corsola, Buizel, Floatzel,
      WIngull, Pelipper, Mantyke, Mantine,
      Remoraid, Octillery, Staryu, Starmie,
      Seel, Dewgong, Corphish, Crawdaunt,
      Wailmer, Wailord, Lapras,
      Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
  • Species clause: Each Pokémon on a player's team must be of different species or Unova Pokédex number.
  • Item clause: Each Pokémon on a player's team must be holding different items
  • Sleep clause: Each player can only have one Pokémon asleep at a time (Pokémon that are put to sleep due to Rest DO count).
  • Accuracy and Evasion clause: Acupressure, Double Team, Flash, Minimize, BrightPowder, Lax Incense, Sand Attack Smokescreen and Sweet Scent are banned.
  • One-hit KO clause: Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold, are banned.
  • No two or more Pokémon can have the same nickname.
  • Pokémon cannot be nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (i.e. An Unfezant named "Pidove" or "Arbok").
  • No hacked, modified, contaminated Pokémon.
  • Flat Battle
  • In case of communication lose during battle, both parties must battle again. To avoid contestants of abusing this rule, re-connecting can be done twice only;
  • Both winner and loser of the battle must save their battle with VS. Recorder, so the judges can review both party's battle, as well as for checking both participant's Pokémon;
  • If there's no winner in a battle, battle result will be considered as double KO;
  • Have fun. {XD}

Prizes
Winner's Prize: Female DW Dratini
Second Place Prize: Female DW Togepi
Third Place Prize: Male DW Feebas

Prizes sponsored by Happy Prince's DW Shop

css by laugh

Welcome goldenarticuno to Diving Deep. I hope you have a lot to say about Water Pokemon.
I will also say that I will be on a small, well diserved vacation effective tomorrow and lasting through Tuesday. From that time I will not be on PokeCommunity thus will not be adding new members until Wednesday morning.

Last edited:

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Apologies for my absence D:

Anyways, I prefer Kingler. I prefer it's type, design, moveset, strengths etc.

Ok :) And.. And.. your signature looks awesome! :P

And..

DIVING DEEP
An Aquatic Tournament

Hello! I, Arlyn, your Captain, am organizing a tournament that is exclusively for our club members. The purpose of this tournament is to keep our club activity, as well as to get to know each other. Please post your application in the club thread, without your Pokemon party for the tournament. I will get back to you with a confirmation message. :)

Agreement and Rules

• Follow all PokeCommunity, Pokémon Clubs and our club's rules;
  • There will be ONLY eight contestants competing for the prizes. First come first serve.
  • Gen V games: Unova Pokédex Pokémon and Water-type only:
    1. Must include 4 Pokémon from the list below.
      Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott,
      Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad,
      Panpour, Simipour,
      Tirtouga, Carracosta,
      Ducklett, Swanna,
      Frillish, Jellicent,
      Basculin, Alomomola
    2. Only 2 Pokémon from the below list can be part of the party:
      Psyduck, Golduck, Marill, Azumarill,
      Vaporeon, Corsola, Buizel, Floatzel,
      WIngull, Pelipper, Mantyke, Mantine,
      Remoraid, Octillery, Staryu, Starmie,
      Seel, Dewgong, Corphish, Crawdaunt,
      Wailmer, Wailord, Lapras,
      Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
  • Species clause: Each Pokémon on a player's team must be of different species or Unova Pokédex number.
  • Item clause: Each Pokémon on a player's team must be holding different items
  • Sleep clause: Each player can only have one Pokémon asleep at a time (Pokémon that are put to sleep due to Rest DO count).
  • Accuracy and Evasion clause: Acupressure, Double Team, Flash, Minimize, BrightPowder, Lax Incense, Sand Attack Smokescreen and Sweet Scent are banned.
  • One-hit KO clause: Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold, are banned.
  • No two or more Pokémon can have the same nickname.
  • Pokémon cannot be nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (i.e. An Unfezant named "Pidove" or "Arbok").
  • No hacked, modified, contaminated Pokémon.
  • Flat Battle
  • In case of communication lose during battle, both parties must battle again. To avoid contestants of abusing this rule, re-connecting can be done twice only;
  • Both winner and loser of the battle must save their battle with VS. Recorder, so the judges can review both party's battle, as well as for checking both participant's Pokémon;
  • If there's no winner in a battle, battle result will be considered as double KO;
  • Have fun. {XD}

Prizes
Winner's Prize: Female DW Dratini
Second Place Prize: Female DW Togepi
Third Place Prize: Male DW Feebas

Prizes sponsored by Happy Prince's DW Shop

css by laugh

Welcome goldenarticuno to Diving Deep. I hope you have a lot to say about Water Pokemon.
I will also say that I will be on a small, well diserved vacation effective tomorrow and lasting through Tuesday. From that time I will not be on PokeCommunity thus will not be adding new members until Wednesday morning.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
Hey guys,

I'm arinceo. First post on the forum because I wanted to join this group! Always had a liking for water pokemon, largely down to the fact that I needed to beat dragon pokemon with an ice type move :P But now that I've been playing pokemon for while now I've come to appreciate the coverage of types that it provides in addition to the simply awesome pokemon it has! My favourite is Sharpedo. I've caught all the water types available in the Kalos dexes and am in the process of breeding/ev training a team.

Just wanted to ask a question, which of the new gen 6 water types is your favourite?

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Hey guys,

I'm arinceo. First post on the forum because I wanted to join this group! Always had a liking for water pokemon, largely down to the fact that I needed to beat dragon pokemon with an ice type move :P But now that I've been playing pokemon for while now I've come to appreciate the coverage of types that it provides in addition to the simply awesome pokemon it has! My favourite is Sharpedo. I've caught all the water types available in the Kalos dexes and am in the process of breeding/ev training a team.

Just wanted to ask a question, which of the new gen 6 water types is your favourite?

Hello and welcome to this club! :) Enjoy your stay :P

And.. My favorite Water pokemons from Kalos is Ninja master, Greninja! ^^ ( naturally froakie, frogadier too ;) ) and Clawitzer is too good. Great skills, move's, looks ( greninja looks strong, froakie swet ^^ ) But all in all, i love all water pokemons {XD}

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Well my vacation is over and I am back. I see we have a new member so I would like to welcome arinceo to Diving Deep. I would also like to mention that there are still openings in our Aquatic Tournament so please sign up.
In response to arinceo's question I am going to have to say that Greninja is my favorite with his typing and his design plus move pool. You also give Greninga Protean ability and U-Turn you have a force to be reckoned with.
I also think its time for a new question, but this one has a back story. On my vacation I went to go and visit my girlfriend. We played Pokemon side by side. With her playing LeafGreen and myself playing Y. I saw her Blastoise's move pool (Bite, Water Gun, Rapid Spin, and Rain Dance). She had Surf in her TM case and didn't want her Blastoise to learn Surf (One of the best Water moves in the game) because her Lapras had learned it. Now do any of you not teach Surf to Water Pokemon?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Which of the new gen 6 water types is your favourite?
I'll hop on the Greninja bandwagon too, but let's face it, gen 6 introduced the fewest Water Pokemon, one of which even loses its Water-typing upon evolving.

Do any of you not teach Surf to Water Pokemon?
Greninja actually! My in-game Greninja happens to have a higher Attack stat, so I decided to give her Waterfall instead. Coincidentally, I taught Surf to my Lapras anyway, so there was no need to teach it to Greninja as well.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
I haven't taught Gyarados surf due to its better attack as well, I also went with waterfall.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Username/Nickname: Pokemount/Brendan
Partner Pokemon: Milotic
Reason for Joining the Club: I've always loved water pokemon, and almost always have one on my team. The water type contains a lot of my overall favorites like Milotic, Kingdra and Cloyster.

Which of the new gen 6 water types is your favourite? Probably Greninja. My first pokemon to start my adventure in Kalos, and he is just a complete powerhouse. :)

Do any of you not teach Surf to Water Pokemon?
I sometimes like to use scald over surf for that burn chance, which is really nice. I almost always use waterfall over surf if the pokemon is physically based as well.

Years
Which of the new Gen 6 Water types is your favourite?

Definitely the Froakie evolution line for me, not only is he my fave Kalos starter but Greninja is also pretty good competitively based on what I've heard lately. Not to mention I love the whole ninja motif with the line, and Greninja's tongue scarf is kinda interesting. Froakie is now actually my second fave Pokemon in general (only beaten by another Water starter I love so much) so that definitely explains it.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Welcome to Diving Deep Brendan. Also it's nice to see Hikari10 back in the thread after almost 2 months away. It brings warm water into the heart of a Water Gym Leader to see members being active here.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here's a Greninja for this evening :p

658Greninja.png

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of Water-types this time? Water is the most abundant of the 18 types yet we only get about 8 of them but it's better than nothing.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Here's a Greninja for this evening :p

658Greninja.png

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of Water-types this time? Water is the most abundant of the 18 types yet we only get about 8 of them but it's better than nothing.

Well I am. I wish we got some kind of "Deep Sea" Pokemon other than Clauncher and Skrelp. But it's better than just having the Froakie Family.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
I'm also a bit annoyed at the lack of new water types, but considering the limited number of new pokemon and the need to introduce several fairy types I guess I can see why they did it.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022

I guess.. although, there are a lot of water-types in the game.. but I agree with where you're coming from. I hope they introduce more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back