• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider your username to be your second name?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I can safely say that my username becomes a second name to me. I try to keep the same username wherever I sign up to online, so that I'm recognizable, so I just get used to being called by this name.

But a lot of people call me this name, or the shortened version of it. (You people make nicknames out of everything.) And I tend to call myself this when talking to myself. (Long-ish story about how I don't like my real name.) So this name is just a part of me now.

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
    Years
    Actually, yes, yes i do.
    Don't ask me where it comes from, or i'd have to kill you.
    IN THE NAME OF ARAWN

Terrain

|distinction.2009-15|
    Years
    Not much. Yes, I use Terrain in most sites, but people still call me Rick sometimes, and no one knows me as Terrain IRL.

In terms of preference, the name's Rick. :]

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    on the internet yes
    off no

mainly because it would be weird to call me sal or salmence in public
    especially since I'm a boy

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Originally, I went by Angel everywhere (however, there are too many "Angel" names taken on forums). Then, TB started to grow on me, even though it's nubby. Both names are better than my real name, so I do prefer being identified by my usernames.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I consider my username as my chest. I let people call me Chloe or C.Gholy - whatever they want to call me.

GOLD.FTW

Gold Version = Epic
    Years
    no - i don't consider it to be my second name due to the fact i try to make up a name that sorta fits into the forum or other online website that i would be joining at the time. =)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In a way yes. I love it. I use it for everything.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The only username I've grown attached to is Patchisou Yutohru. I think the reason for that is because it's as if it is a real name. Considering it my second name... isn't something that I normally do. :(

I don't think I consider anything, for that matter, my second name.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    hell yeaz! It's pretty much lived with me. I've had this username since I was 3 or 5 or something

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes.

This name.. doesn't even make me think of the Pokemon character anymore. xD; So many people online think that it's my real name. Heck, I bet you I could change my username, and everyone would still call me Drew. I've had it since I joined here, and even before that I used it on a couple of other forums. On most of the Pokemon forums I joined, I keep the SN. It's just easier that way.. the end result is no one calls me by anything else. Except for one or two people on here, who know my RL nickname and call me by it. :x

Literally.. only two people, that I can think of. xD;

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    IRL - No, not at all. I prefer for people to call me by my first or last name; once people realize where the word Glion / Gliscor comes from they'll find out that I still like the series. They probably won't, but I'd like to avoid that.

Online - well, all of my recent names have something to do with Gliscor, so kind of; however, I don't feel like having Gliscor in my names anymore so I feel like letting the name go.

Cid

Years
    No, I don't, even if people here call me Enishi, Eni or Tux.
    I use Chris IRL, but no one calls me that here.

No one IRL except my brother and a friend know that Enishi/Enirev is/was my online name.
    No one IRL calls me that, either.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Kinda-sorta. I try to keep to the same username for a lot of sites.. and Vrai just kinda keeps popping in here and there. I do like the name a lot, though. :D

Back