• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider yourself a nice person?

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
  • I'm only mean to the closest of friends. You should feel special >:D

p.s Shadsie says I'm nice so there.

You must despise Shadow then and I must be the love of your life.

I'm nice unless you're zappyspiker then I'm medium off-mean.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ...I like to think myself as a nice person~

I don't think many people who didn't initially start off on my bad side would disagree though. :3
    It's really difficult to get on my bad side in the first place, let alone start on it.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think... most of my friends that I meet says that I'm a nice guy, even though I'm still learning to become one. Just treat me nice and it'll be good to go :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't believe that you can classify a person based off a single emotion. As humans we are made up with a plethora of different emotions that we constantly exhibit. Everyone has moments where they are nice, and moments where they are mean or rude. Some people just have more nice moments. I don't know if I am a nice person but I generally try to be nice and friendly to other people because I like them to be nice to me.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I try to be but sometimes I just can't.
    Not mine to judge, it's others who have to say if they find me nice or not.

Because
    Well, "nice" seems to be kind of a relative term, BUT... I like to think I try to be nice :)
    Hit the nail in the head.

Nice is relative. I can't just say I'm nice or not, it's others who will have to decide if they find me nice or not. Sure how I act will affect it but ultimately there will be some degree of variation depending on the person.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Jmmm...
    I don't consider my self a good person. Not that I'm a killer, raper, etc. But some people consider me as an angel. Just cuz I help without asking for a reward or else. I mean I luv helping, just cuz I like to see the smile on a face after the job. Don't know why, It seems like a trauma, after being bullied so much, I guess. I keep helping, no matter the job or distance. How dificult or easy, It depends if you do it or not.
    The most gratified memory I have is:
    A guy that got out of jail that same day, and he had a lot of coins. He had to go to a far-off city, her on PR. I had recently got like 100 bucks of a job I made. And he asked me for some coins.... I heard avoice that told me: "What if it was you?"
    I reache for my pocket (no, I didn't summoned a pokemon out of a pokeball), I tooked a 20$ and said:" Give me the coins" he looked at me, like, "Dude are ya taking all my money" i said, just give them to me. He gave them, to me. Just as he was gonna curse, I took the 20$ and gave it to him. He asked:"Hey!! Are ya real?!?"
    I just smiled! He started to touch my arm, crying: "An Angel?" I laughed... Just get on the bus-I said-he tooked off. Man, if ye believe it or not, I just remember that and sadness just go away... That, if I'm bad or not, I just don't care. Just helping makes me... Alive, you kow. :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Yeah I do, and if it isn't too much to ask for, I do hope others see me that way as well. Sometimes I think I might come off as a little distant though, but that's probably due to my reservedness.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    I consider myself a bad person. Im cynical, manipulative, overly sarcastic and without empathy for most people- If youre not a friend and something bad happens to you, I wont feel sorry for you. I have a life view that makes those closest to me call me depressing, grey, without faith or hope.
    But for some reason those people who dont know me think Im blunt but nice. Those who do know me, consider me a dark person but not rude or impolite. It baffles me but thats how it is XD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I try to be as nice to people as I can, within reason.

I'm fairly patient, but if someone is being an a$$ to me, they get as good as they give.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I would definitely say I'm a nice person - not even subjectively, I just am nice. That might be perhaps a bit too confident of me, but its just the truth. I don't consciously try to be kind or think of acting kind with the intent of gaining anything - I'm just really caring towards other people. Sometimes I'm too caring, but I'm learning to handle it more healthily.

However none of this makes me a pushover. A little too self-sacrificial or merciful? At certain times, yes - but I recognize bullshit when I see it. I'm typically drawn to people who mean well for the most part, so my friends aren't people who'd take advantage of me - an intuition of sorts I suppose. Respect me, and treat me kindly, and I'll do the same.

As for other people - I've honestly never heard anyone say otherwise of me.

Years
  • I mostly try to be nice, but I have a tendency to snap easily when annoyed or scared so that can often throw my "friendly" capabilities off and can take a while for me to build back up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Very recently I admitted to myself that I have not been acting like a very nice person for a long time. I used to beat myself up about how self centred I could be, which continually led to me making promises to myself to be a better person. I spent far too much time analysing the past and focused on fixing those mistakes. What's done is done, however. A time came where I took a deep breath one day and forgave myself. Ever since I've felt a lot less conflicted and far more like myself.

As for whether I think I'm a nice person? I know that I can be sitting alone watching a movie and start tearing up when there's a happy ending, or watching a video of someone doing something kind online and hold back tears of happiness knowing there are good people out there. I care deeply for those I love and only ever want to see them thrive. It pleases me to no end to see people treat others well, and the people I look up to most are those who are truly kind. It's not that I think I'm a "nice person", but more that I know I want to be and now that I've forgiven myself for past mistakes - can be.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like to think so. Although honestly, I think my kindness made me a very easy person to get taken advantage of because I used to be so kind, I was basically a doormat. I've tried lately to give more tough love to people and call them out when they're being stupid, but I don't think that's made me mean, probably just more honest than anything else.

That being said, I try my best to understand why people do the things they do and I don't like to hold grudges. I've been known to give second chances. People can change for the better, and I want to keep thinking that way.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Ummmmm nope. Maybe not proactively. I don't see the point in trying to be nice. They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Mettaton

Drama! Action! Romance!
    Years
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Im not the nicest person out there, mainly because I can be defensive to people.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Years
  • Isn't it relative?
    I'm an angel when compared to some people and a demon when compared to some other people. But if you ask my opinion, I'd say I'm nice. At least I want to be. And no, I'm not one of these annoying people who want to help everyone who doesn't need help, these people are the worst.

Back