• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I normally name my character Dawn or Rayne and I always play as female since Crystal.

Years
  • I can't remember if I posted here or not, but I usually always play as my own gender. But recently in HG, I played a quick file (not being able to save, 'cuz I didn't want to erase my current file X3) and used the male character. Now I LOOOVE the HG/SS male protagonist. Lyra looks kinda ridiculous now that I think about it... It's that stupid hat. >.>

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I usually stick with the male character, but only if it's my first time playing that gen.
    So for Pearl I picked a guy, and for Plat, a girl.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I only do that with my sapphire and emerald versions. The reason is because that Brennan (Ruby) has a wayy cooler outfit than May (sapphire) anyone else feel the same lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Why the hate for the D/P/PT boy? He looks a lot like LG/FRs boy to me.

But I play as a boy. I tried being a girl a couple of times but never got more than 30 mins in before I restarted.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    depends on what mood i'm in. i've definitely played as the opposite gender in most generations but it's not really a big deal.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I did play as the opposite gender for once in my Pokémon Black version. Every other time, though, I stick with what I am.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I have never played as a female though I considered it after I saw how awful the D/P Male Sprite looked but I had already gotten a few badges so i just kind of powered through the fail that was Lucas.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To be honest, I have never played as the opposite gender of what I usually pick, which would be female. I've always liked the female protagonist designs more than the male designs and to go and just break my chain like that. XD; Seriously though, I've never really decided to go for a change from being the female to the male protagonist. I guess I just like being girly ol' me. n_n

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I mainly go with my own gender (male) on the first go. If I find myself replaying the game I'll probably pick the other one. But I also go by the one I think looks better. So I might never play as Lyra in HG just because it is plain ugly. At the same time, I might pick the female on my first go of B/W assuming I get it. This is because the boy just looks average, while the girl is in my opinion, the best looking female sprite in Pokemon to date.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    You know, I DID try it once to see why people did it, and I didn't really mind (I was mostly indifferent), but I got tired of being referred to as Sarah ...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I just stick to my own gender - none of the male protagonists were dislikable for me (bar maybe XD's Michael but no gender options there) so I just went with them.

Years
  • I like to take both.I choose one then reply the entire game in the next gender 2 complete my pokedex.although i use an emulator i could easily hack it but it wont be fun hackin everytin.

Back