• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

Emperte

はがねタイプ
Years
  • I'll play as the female character if I like her artwork and/or sprite. I didn't particularly like May/Haruka's game artwork but I liked her sprite so in RSE I would moreso play as May/Haruka. Dawn/Hikari is the same thing. However, I'm not too fond of Lyra/Kotone's work or sprite but I'll give it a try on my next playthrough. I wanna see Gold's responses as an NPC

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I usually play as a girl in Crystal and Ruby. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be playing as a guy in SoulSilver (I hate Lyra so much, to be honest).

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I do it for fun sometimes, but most of the time I stick with my own gender.
    I usually choose the opposite gender to match my future in-game team.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • All the time. I usually rotate between a boy or girl character. I find the female characters look better, though. So, I often pick them the first time I play through a game.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I do both to see if there is different experiences during the game. It's pretty fun.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Ah, I've played as a female in Crystal!
    Named her Christy or whatever it was, the one with a Chikorita in the anime (&. Seriously, anime's gone downhill from there for me).

Years
  • I usually choose my actual gender, but sometimes when I restart the game I choose the opposite for a change.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I don't really do it in Pokemon; from 3rd gen and on, I would generally never start a new game and instead just work on creating teams and whatnot. Because of that, I always wanted to make sure that I was a girl since that was probably going to be my one and only playthrough (there may be a second).

On other games, I usually do end up replaying and thus play with the opposite gender just for a change and to see how any text changes. An RPG I randomly started replaying the other day, for example, has me using the guy now.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • I used to pick a boy character sometimes, but now it seems weird. So I only pick a boy character when I'm forced to now. (old gen. games)
    I wish you could play as Haunter!

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • From time to time I would choose to be a girl. There's not much of a difference, except Lucas and the other guy (from HGSS).

At the moment I'm male on both games, platinum and Soul Silver.

Years
  • I usually pick the female character because I'm a girl, but Touko looks pretty ridiculous, so I'm gonna choose the boy in B/W. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    I like to stick to my own as i find it a bit werid but i once remember my mate being the opposite gender and calling her sexy legs :D haha

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • It depends on how I feel. I mean, choosing the opposite gender does absolutely nothing to the story. Heck, in Crystal I refuse to choose the Male Character. I don't know why, but I do.

Back