• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I always play opposite Gender, I prefer playing as the Male protagonist way more than a girl. I think I've only been a girl once and that was in Diamond

Years
  • When I had Silver I had no choice to play as the male lol - but to be honest Gold is such an awesome protagonist that I didn't care lol :D

In Emerald I always play as the female cause I love her - Brandon is awesome too though... sometime I might decide to play as him :)

In Leaf Green I always pick the female cause I love her too :D

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • I stick with my own gender most of the time, the only time i went the female character was when Crystal first came out, only because it was something new at the time and because i was also playing Gold a lot at the time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011

I play as whichever gender looks the best (to me). Usually i play as my own gender, but sometimes i play as female, just for a change.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I'm a girl, obvs lol, and back in the day I had no choice but to play as a boy, and now that I do have the choice I will always go with the girl, no matter how bad she looks.

days

Galactic HQ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Usually prefer the sprite of my gender though I've picked the opposite a few times but never progressed far into the game.

Crystal sprite is best sprite out of the female protagonists IMO

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • When I have two versions of a generation, I always play one as my gender and then play the other as a male. It's less confusing that way.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I pick the one whose sprite I like the most. I don't like the BW guy's sprite, so I am choosing Touko there. That's what I did at the third generation.

soϲks

da grovyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Whenever I start a new game file, I tend to start as the other gender that I didn't just play as. That said, I also always start a new game as a guy. ;D

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I play as the opposite gender sometimes when restarting an old game that I need Pokemon from to fill up my Diamond dex. I'm currently playing as a girl in Sapphire because I need to get Regice, Regirock and Registeel. In my main games and new games to follow (Black, for example) I always play as my own gender.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Sometimes i pick Male only becuase i like to be different. But usually i pick Female first and when i complete the game choose Male when i start again.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • It doesn't really matter to me...I'm a girl so in my main games I choose girl. But I'll choose guy if I think he's amazing or something.

The new Black and White characters were really really close but I like the girl more because she dresses how I dress in public: fair skin, long dark hair, tallist, short shorts...it really feels like it's me in the game! Dawn kind of dresses like me except she had funky hair coloring and her hair was much too short.

EDIT: If they stop making the guy characters so nerdy looking, maybe show a little chest or have bigger arms (since they are now in America and all) I'd play them more.

Last edited:
    Back