• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I don't have a tattoo but I want one. My problem is finding an image that is significant enough to tattoo onto my body. I certainly want something unique to me.

To date, I haven't found anything specifically, nor have I really ever had the money to seriously consider getting a tattoo. Not that I haven't been searching high and low for images which are so beautiful that I can't possibly regret it 20 or 30 years from now. The tattoo I get will be an image which essentially reminds me of all the good times I had in when I was younger.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I've got a couple of years before I'm old enough to get one on my own, but two of my friends got them (same age as me) just by going to this one place where they're a bit lax about that. One of these friends got grounded for MONTHS for this tiny thing on the back of her neck, wheras the other has four and her parent are fine, as they all have a special meaning to her.

If I had one, it'd have to be something special to me. I do have this little flame symbol that represents someone who is VERY important to me, but the design isn't finalised, and I don't know where I'd put it. :)

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Yes.

LUFC on my right arm.

I actually got this when I was 15.
    Do I regret it? No
    Leeds united will always play an important role in my life and it's something I won't ever foget.
    growing up watching Leeds play was a big part of my life and that's why I made the decision to get it tattooed on my arm. (b'-')b

I'm planning on getting a second tattoo but I don't know what of. XD

Years
    No but i want one
    i'm only 15 so its kinda illegal to get one anyway
    i'm gona wait till im older just to see if i still want one :P

What i want is a yin yang symbol, split in half with the white dot having a 1 up mushroom on it and the black dot having a death mushroom on it and i would have one on each of my forearms.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Of course.....not!
    I think tattoos, especially in the current days, are crude in ways. Such as skulls and crude hearts and whatnot.
    I wouldn't care if it was temporary, but permanent ones...UGGH!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, I'd rather go without a tattoo. Too much pain for something that's gonna be concealed under clothing anyway. Plus it's gonna get ugly as you get older and your skin wrinkles.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    I used to have one but it wasn't those permanent one, in black bold letters stylish joined handwriting it said "I luv girls." it was imprinted on my right arm.
    I'm a girl myself... My friends laugh when they saw it, so i went home and washed it off.
    That when i saw like 14.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes, the first one I did was when I was 16. It is the "All-Seeing Eye", which is above my right knee. I've done others, but the ink didn't really stay like the first one did. It didn't help that I wasn't using a tattoo gun, lol. It did leave some cool scars though! :P

Years
    I've often heard people say things like "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, something that's [whatever they think sounds good]" which, to me, says that they want a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo and the picture is a secondary concern. This is a big part of why I think most tattoos look awful. Me, I've never seen an image that made me think "Yes, I have to have this image permanently applied to my body!"

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I've often heard people say things like "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, something that's [whatever they think sounds good]" which, to me, says that they want a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo and the picture is a secondary concern. This is a big part of why I think most tattoos look awful. Me, I've never seen an image that made me think "Yes, I have to have this image permanently applied to my body!"

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen and heard about some stupid tattoos. The worse one is when a girl is talking to you about a tattoo she's going to get, and when you ask her where she's going to get it she says: "On my lower back."

Riiiiiightttt, I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "Tramp stamp" then......

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Of course.....not!
    I think tattoos, especially in the current days, are crude in ways. Such as skulls and crude hearts and whatnot.
    I wouldn't care if it was temporary, but permanent ones...UGGH!

What era are you living in? XD :P Tattoos even 10 years ago aren't as good as they are now. Plus that skull and crude hearts stuff, for the most part is old news now... I'd hope so anyway.

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen and heard about some stupid tattoos. The worse one is when a girl is talking to you about a tattoo she's going to get, and when you ask her where she's going to get it she says: "On my lower back."

Riiiiiightttt, I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "Tramp stamp" then......

Lol... the tramp stamp... I laugh every time I see a women with one... I'll stick withe the "safe spots" for guys, and decide on something meaningful...

I've said it before, I'll say it again, a tattoo is only worth getting if you stare at a image of it every morning for one year, after first realizing it, and after that, if you still want it, then you should get it.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I want three, one on my wrist of a double helix, on my right shoulder blade of the Heroes symbol (lol) and one which covers my entire left leg, no idea what yet though : D

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've always thought it would be cool to get one, but nothing really big and of course only in a place I could cover up like my shoulder. I need to think of something good though, something timeless that I don't think I would mind when I'm old.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I've always thought it would be cool to get one, but nothing really big and of course only in a place I could cover up like my shoulder. I need to think of something good though, something timeless that I don't think I would mind when I'm old.

Sounds like you'd be safest with at least writing.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Haha, this thread just gave me an idea... I could get Flareon or my favourite band's name tattooed onto my back. xD Well, I dunno about get Flareon done, but getting my favourite band's name as a tattoo is a possiblity. =3

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Nah, I've never wanted one and I don't think I ever will want one. First of all it hurts and you're not exactly going to see it anyways underneath what you are wearing. And two, I hate needles making me scared stiff to get anything like tattoos, earrings ect.

Slyfy

PC's Suicune
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    No, and I don't on planning on getting one.

It hurts, and once you get old it will look hilarious.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You've heard it hurts (is all you can say). :P

If you know your own retention to pain, you'll be able to know if this will hurt or not. For me, getting one done on my shoulder, with the finer tools, felt like a pencil on my skin (sharpened), but it did not hurt, just kidn of got inevitably annoying.

When they use the filler, it does not hurt at all.

I'd recommend against getting a pokemon related tattoo...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back