• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I don't have one at the moment, but I'll probably get one when I turn 18 in a month. But I'm in no hurry to rush off and get one just to get one, like a lot of kids I know have done. I want my to carry some significance and not be overbearing. So I haven't really decided on anything yet. I think good tattoos are hella cool though.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I have one on the back of my shoulder. It's small, and I won't regret it when I'm older. Even if it was something stupid, I don't think I could regret it (unless it was some naked lady or something like that...). I plan on having more. Also, who cares what I look like when I'm old? It's not like I'll be walking around in a bikini or anything when I'm 60. xD I'll be proud to be that awesome grandma with all the tattoos.

I'm glad I have parents who are like "Sure!" but also care enough to make sure I go somewhere clean (not that I wouldn't) and stuff. It's not that they don't care, they're just not annoying in trying to tell me what I can and can't do now.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I do not! But, I'd love to get one. I'm way too indecisive and change my mind as much as I change my underwear. I've come up with a few ideas, all of which I like, but when I think to myself "When I look at this in thirty years, what will I think?" it kind of ruins my inspiration.

I have a lot of friends with tattoos, though. My best friend has a hammerhead shark right smack dab on her forearm, and another friend of mine opted to get a caduceus with "Diabetic" on his wrist instead of a medical alert bracelet, which I think is really neat. I also go to school with a bunch of people that have sleeve tattoos, I was just talking to one guy today about a koi fish he got on his left arm, and another guy got "The Power Within" in latin tattooed on the inside of his right arm.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    What were you thinking of so far Silver?
    That's the problem really, I don't have that much of an idea. I kinda want to have a friend of mine design something abstract, but I dunno. I don't want my tattoo to be generic, ya know? Like something unique/conversation started/meaning/symbolism. If ya get what I mean?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would like to get one. but i have no clue what i would get. i might get a pokemon as a tattoo, but probably not.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    i would like to get one. but i have no clue what i would get. i might get a pokemon as a tattoo, but probably not.

You might be 19, but don't get one of a pokemon... Trust me. Get something much more meaningful than something that is trademarked. ;)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    That's the problem really, I don't have that much of an idea. I kinda want to have a friend of mine design something abstract, but I dunno. I don't want my tattoo to be generic, ya know? Like something unique/conversation started/meaning/symbolism. If ya get what I mean?
    Not that it'll help any, but one of my broader ideas (aka, something that didn't connect to me personally) was to get the Physics equation for (sound) wavelength (v=fλ) either behind my ear or underneath it right by my jawline. You'd kind of have to be really nerdy and not as rusty as me in Physics to get it, though. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    ^ That sounds like a cool idea for a tattoo. :)

I have two tattoos, and I love them both. I can't wait to get a few more, once I actually settle on one and quit being picky and OCD about what I'll want to see on my body for the rest of my life.

I have a paw print on my inner forearm (left) which I got first because I love dogs and I wanted something simple without being too big. My second tattoo is the year of the Dragon symbol in Kanji, colored turqouoise since my birth month is December (right arm). It also has a few cherry blossoms next to it since I love so many things regarding Asian culture, and I wanted it to be more unique than just a plain symbol.

As for it hurting, I can't stand needles and I think honestly that tattoo'ing doesn't hurt at all. I feel like dental work is worse when it comes to pain, and tattoo'ing isn't so much painful but more so annoying with the feeling it gives. It doesn't go as deep in the skin as many people think.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Gah! How did I miss that quote...

Anywho, if you happen to get one that has text, even though it might be cheaper for you to get the tattooist's kind of font (through the books), it might be better to come up with your own font. Have your friend draw some ideas out to his own him, then go from there, like things you do and don't like about certain pics. XD

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I do not have a tattoo. I won't get one until I can get something meaningful. I don't want to end up with something that I end up hating. In my adult years, I will probably get one. I have meaningful things now, but they could all change in time... so I want to wait until I absolutely sure I know what I want.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    now that i have been thinking about it, i would probably get something that represents my two best friends. we have been friends for most of our lives, i probably wouldnt be alive without them.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Gah! How did I miss that quote...

Anywho, if you happen to get one that has text, even though it might be cheaper for you to get the tattooist's kind of font (through the books), it might be better to come up with your own font. Have your friend draw some ideas out to his own him, then go from there, like things you do and don't like about certain pics. XD

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm leaning more and more to like an abstract piece by my friend with some sort of meaningful quote in some sorta scripty font under/around it. Anyways, I've gotta get my stud for my ear first.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I've been considering getting one for a while now, but I'm finding it hard to settle on a design. I would be getting it for a very specific reason, and I want the tattoo to reflect that reason but not announce it to everyone who sees it.

In any case, I want to get the tattoo in blacklight ink, so it's not always visible.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Oh yeah, I don't know if it's been said in this thread, but never get a tattoo for a girlfriend or a boyfriend, you will regret. In years (Or sooner) you will most likely get it removed or get another tattoo over it. It's just not worth it and there are other ways to represent your commitment to someone that don't involve injecting ink into your skin, lol.

That said, I have an idea for my own tattoo after some planning. It's based around the hourglass nebula, but I won't say more since I'm not completely set on the idea yet. And even if I was, I have to save the money first. If I do end up getting it, maybe I'll post it here :P

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I don't have a tattoo but I think they can look cool. I'm not wanting one at the moment because I'd set myself back a lot money wise if I were to pay for one.

If I were going to get one I'd either one that has Welsh text, Japanese text for Love, Ambition and Hope, a single star or multiple ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back