• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Obama?

Years
  • I couldn't care less, I'm not even American. The world is screwed either way. One person alone can't change everything. And how did Bush become president? People voted for him and were like "He's the best, he'll make America a better place! <3" and look at him now. Why do you think Obama will be any different? Everybody just sees him as god because of his skin colour. He's black. ... So what? I can't wait to see someone throw a shoe at Obama after a couple of years.

^ What she said. Everybody seems to be voting for him because of his skin colour. Like, if somebody says they don't like Obama, everybody thinks your racist and blah blah blah. I hate people like that. >.<

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
  • I personally don't like him. One thing I don't like is how a MAJORITY of the people who voted for him just voted for him because he's black. I'm not saying everybody did but I know that's what a lot of people did. Also I agree with ^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I personally do not like Obama.

I do not wish to go into it either.

I'll leave it with a simple no, but I can deal with him.

~Mooshykris

ps: Really, Bush wasn't THAT bad, we're all still alive, aren't we?

Bet you can't say the same about soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It's really hard to give an answer seeing as he hasn't done anything yet. But with the way the country is now, he seems like the ideal person for the job and I'm really happy he got elected. I wish I could stay home for his Inauguration Speech but I have finals.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I like Obama. I like that he is charismatic, has a lot of good policies, and that he doesn't treat intellectualism like it's a swear word.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • ^ What she said. Everybody seems to be voting for him because of his skin colour. Like, if somebody says they don't like Obama, everybody thinks your racist and blah blah blah. I hate people like that. >.<

I wish people could look and see that Obama was elected because he was the best choice in America's eyes. Do you think that everyone would just say "I'm voting for him because he's black!" especially in the crisis we're in now? Personally, I thought McCain sounded stiff while he was talking......like he was keeping a secret or something. Obama seems a little more sincere and honest. But I'll just leave it at that before I get too into it.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • main reason i like obama is because he made history by being the 1st black president

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I actually like Obama because he is going to help the US and other countries get out of debt. Well he probably won't do it all, but at least some of it. And give the people more jobs. And get affordable health care to families that can't afford it alone. It seems he got a game plan for the economy and I am looking forward to see what it is. And he is seem so intelligent. He knows what he is doing. And he is the first President of a different race. See? Any race can be President. It doesn't need to be one race only. He made history for that. But he will make history for the other stuff as well. We are going to be saved! Probably by his next term.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Yeah I actually like Obama because he is going to help the US and other countries get out of debt. Well he probably won't do it all, but at least some of it. And give the people more jobs. And get affordable health care to families that can't afford it alone. It seems he got a game plan for the economy and I am looking forward to see what it is. And he is seem so intelligent. He knows what he is doing. And he is the first President of a different race. See? Any race can be President. It doesn't need to be one race only. He made history for that. But he will make history for the other stuff as well. We are going to be saved! Probably by his next term.

I honestly wouldn't count on that. The whole country can't turn around and be perfect in eight years. But it can start. good luck obama.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I honestly wouldn't count on that. The whole country can't turn around and be perfect in eight years. But it can start. good luck obama.

Yeah I guess you are right about that. He probably won't fix everything, but it is start if he did something. I think he will do fine. ^^

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Really, Bush wasn't THAT bad, we're all still alive, aren't we?

No we are not. The people who post here are alive, but what of the 1000's of dead in the Middle East. Bush was horrible as a President, not a person.

Personally, I like Obama very much. I can't wait to vote for him in 2012.

Also, this thread should be closed, things will be all flames by Tuesday

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
  • Well, I don't know Obama personally, as was previously stated in this thread a few times, but I do like his ideas and viewpoints. He can relate to the people, being from a middle class family himself and not growing up with tons of financial benefits. Whenever I hear him give a speech, hope and truth reverberates from the television. I truly believe he will be a positive change for the American government, and I'm so glad that he won over McCain.

Years
  • Pre-Inauguration Replies. ^_^

Personally and Politically, I admire Obama's grit, realism and pragmatism since I do lean Liberal in my beliefs. The fact that he has instilled a sense of confidence and hope at a time it is really needed just makes me hopeful that we can get through this all together. ^_^
    Also let's be realistic that Obama cannot do this all by himself or even all of it. But first fixing the cratering US Economy would put us back to the right track of moving forward. =D

First of all, no matter how much Michael Moore and the New York Times or Bill O'Reilly and Fox News wants to paint Bush and Obama respectively, as the harbingers of destruction, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think I'm starting to believe the generalization of America as 40% Democrat, 20% Moderate, and 40% Republican due to the swings throughout history on the rise of leaders at the time they are needed. From FDR to Ronald Reagan we can see this. =P

I find it amusing that some people here cite "Bush sucked" as the reason why they like Obama. As far as I'm concerned, that's not even a reason at all. But why should I even bother....

This is a misleading question. Do I like Obama? Sure, I don't hate the guy. I'm sure he would be a cool person to meet. What I don't like is his policies and the direction he wants to take the country in. I'm worried that his presidency will move us toward a bigger government with more spending and programs, which I am not in support of. I'm also worried about some of the domestic changes he could bring about. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that I guess lest I start a huge debate again XD

Yet again Aura, you have put into words the position of the Republican Party/Conservatives saving me the time of explaining it and becoming the advocate of the right. XP

But I have to say that at this moment we truly need bigger government spending and programs due to the lack of consumer confidence. We have already used the Conservative option of tackling recessions through tax-cuts and Libertarian de-regulization during the 2001-2002 US recession. It might have worked too well at creating the bubble of confidence that has exploded recently. An increased budget deficit due to the Bush Tax Cuts and resulting less government revenue, plus the massive increase in government defense spending for the War on Terror (Iraq, Afganistan, etc.) did not necessarily add up. Now were in quite a hole.

Yes, it might seem ironic on how spending got us into this and now the need to use the Liberal option of government spending and activism. But I have to agree that the long term needed investments in infrastructure, energy independence, health-care reform, education reform and domestic strengthening can be put forward much easier under this Activist Government. This needs massive Public Funds and commitment, and why not use the Economic Crisis as an umbrella to put these forward easier. No matter how much liberals are bashed, FDR comes into mind with the "New Deal." The Government Backstops created under his administration such as the FDIC, Social Security, plus the Infrastructure (ex. Golden Gate Bridge) has been life savers for this generations economic crash and has helped assured America's continued prosperity. =D

ps: Really, Bush wasn't THAT bad, we're all still alive, aren't we?

Well we are, but before 9/11 there hasn't been as much US terrorist attacks either. And Nuclear Weapons/Biological Weapons are the only ones strong enough to wipe the US off the map. Only if the Bush Administration payed attention to that report entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack United States" instead of Bush having an entire 2 year vacation (If added together) then maybe we wouldn't be as up in arms about destroying Civil Liberties in the name of Security.

I couldn't care less, I'm not even American. The world is screwed either way. One person alone can't change everything. And how did Bush become president? People voted for him and were like "He's the best, he'll make America a better place! <3" and look at him now. Why do you think Obama will be any different? Everybody just sees him as god because of his skin colour. He's black. ... So what? I can't wait to see someone throw a shoe at Obama after a couple of years.

Well to be frank I supported Hillary Clinton During the US Primary Election. I thought Obama was just all talk. But I went with Obama after researching his positions after he got the Nomination. Most people voted for Obama not because of the color of his skin but for his Policies and the pressure of the Economic Crisis of 2008.
    But I have to say you should check out how controversial the US Elections of 2000 was. Bush won Florida and the Electoral college by about only 500 VOTES! He lost the Popular vote! And his first inauguration was full of protests, etc.
    He was only re-elected during the US 2004 Elections due to America's fear of another Terrorist attack. Even then Ohio was questionable. =/
    I was even so afraid of terrorists back then that I supported the Republicans during the 2006 Congressional Mid-Term Election...
    So please don't talk about shoe throwing, the United States already has the Herculean task of redeeming itself after the Disastrous Bush Policies. D=

Yay. Just..yay. Haha.

Yeah, I don't like Obama, and due to the same reasons the other (possibly 4?) people stated, I'm not gonna go into it. He's already our new President, and I can live with it, but I shan't be thrilled.

Well as long as your ready to listen, we're ready to cooperate.

I personally don't hate Bush, and neither should you. It's the policies of His administration (A lot of people behind that such as VP Cheney) that has caused this mess and the Republicans might need to get in a circle and reassess priorities and platform.
    But Bush did some right things in his second term.
    Also as a final note we must not blindly follow the Obama Administration. You must get informed, criticize their actions if necessary, and form your own conclusions on how to get the country and the world forward.

I must agree with Aura that the reason "Bush iz teh suckzorz" makes the left look funny and uninformed. ^_^

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • I've never been a big fan of Obama, I've always had trouble with all his promises and how he says 'change' like a million time in every speech. Its going to be interesting to see if he really does deliver.

Years
  • Barack Obama's whole campaign has been about change. I'm not a fan of the Iraq War, but I'd rather see our troops come home and begin to rebuilt this country before we help rebuild some other country that can't even protect it's own people.

My main concern is the sagging economy. I only hope that Obama will do something to begin to reverse the effects of what's been going on. I know it'll take a very long time for things to get better, but if he can start to fix something now, it'll help. I and a lot of working Americans right now are worried about if we will have jobs tomorrow or next week or next month.

So, I like Obama. It's a change from all the crap that's been going on in Washington for the past 8 years, no thanks to Dubya.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I do like Obama in the way that we can like any media figure. We can only appreciate and like what we see. I'm sure I and we don't know him well enough to judge the integrity of the man, yet, but his reign in office will answer enough questions.

But yes, I do.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No, and I won't state my opinions either. Yes, Bush did some bad things, but never left us in a great depression.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • No, and I won't state my opinions either. Yes, Bush did some bad things, but never left us in a great depression.

No. He did not leave us in a great depression. He is leaving as things are heading in that direction. I can understand how you can dislike Obamas policies. I can understand that and I can't argue that. But this quote doesn't make any sense on a lot of levels. Obama never put us in a depression and Bush has put us closer than anyone else in recent memory.

Last edited:

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • I do like Obama in the way that we can like any media figure. We can only appreciate and like what we see. I'm sure I and we don't know him well enough to judge the integrity of the man, yet, but his reign in office will answer enough questions.

But yes, I do.

I can't help but agree, as it's a sensible thing when we say we can only take our political figures at face value a lot of the time. Why do you think there's so much distrust in politics?

As for liking what the man presents...I'm not quite sure yet, to be honest. I'd rather see what he changes WHEN he changes it.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • I like him mucho.
    But i don't think he's going to be the friggin messiah that fixes all the cracks in the world and lead humanity into the golden age, but he'll be a damned great president.
    I like the fact that he's gonna bring some good ideas and mindsets into into America. ex. greener, more eco-responsible young people.

... No.

In the interest of avoiding receiving a large amount of contemptuous comments from fellow members, I won't state my reasons.

I was hoping there would be a variety of thoughts and opinions on this board instead of "Obama is awesome." Go on and give your reason(s). (Unless your reason is his middle name..)

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • Yes :)

I'm not American, so it's not like he's my president or anything... but from what I've seen of him I believe he WILL help change the mess Bush left.

Obv we'll have to wait and see, but I'm quite optimistic :)

Back