• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Pikachu?

Do you like Pikachu?

• I love him!

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • He's alright...

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • I Hate the little yellow thing! >:3

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Wow, what a, uh...interesting...yeha! Interesting post. You sure like Raichu don't you? I don't blame you either since we've seen Ash's crappy pikachu in the anime for years. I actually like Raichu better myself.

ur kool...

correction. there is ONE pikachu i lyke. ritchies pikachu... probably cauz he is one of da best trainers evur! RITCHIE ROX! (<3) also, drew wouldnt make a bad trainer 4 pika either. DREW ROX! (<3)
    and as 4 u art critic cubone...

Reasons y i lyke raichu
    1. he rox...
    2. he lookz kool
    3. hes strong.
    4. he kix ass! :D
    5. i once beat a GOLEM w/ my raichu... i mean... c'mon! :3
    6. i 1ce beat a level 50 pikachu w/ my level 40 raichu.
    and last but not least...
    7. LT. SURGE OWNZ 1!!!!!!! :D
    more reasons 2 come... they go on 4ever.

reasons y i HATE pikachu.
    1. hes weak...
    2. hes pathetic looking.
    3. the anime makes him seem strong, but he isnt.
    4. hes overrated.
    5. partially cauz ash ownz 1, even tho its pikachu that made me hate ash, 4 the most part...
    6. i 1ce give pikachu a 2nd chance, and a level 36 pikachu got whooped by a level 28 grimer. and my pikachu had good moves and everything.
    7. he is UNCOOL!
    8. hes popular (i tend 2 hate a majority of popular charactors in games. same reason 4 hating piplup...)
    9. whoever callz him a mouse is giving him 2 much credit. hes a RAT.
    10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them. :D

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
    Years
  • ur kool...

correction. there is ONE pikachu i lyke. ritchies pikachu... probably cauz he is one of da best trainers evur! RITCHIE ROX! (<3) also, drew wouldnt make a bad trainer 4 pika either. DREW ROX! (<3)
    and as 4 u art critic cubone...

Reasons y i lyke raichu
    1. he rox...
    2. he lookz kool
    3. hes strong.
    4. he kix ass! :D
    5. i once beat a GOLEM w/ my raichu... i mean... c'mon! :3
    6. i 1ce beat a level 50 pikachu w/ my level 40 raichu.
    and last but not least...
    7. LT. SURGE OWNZ 1!!!!!!! :D
    more reasons 2 come... they go on 4ever.

1. hes weak...
    2. hes pathetic looking.
    4. hes overrated.
    5. partially cauz ash ownz 1, even tho its pikachu that made me hate ash, 4 the most part...
    6. i 1ce give pikachu a 2nd chance, and a level 36 pikachu got whooped by a level 28 grimer. and my pikachu had good moves and everything.
    7. he is UNCOOL!
    8. hes popular (i tend 2 hate a majority of popular charactors in games. same reason 4 hating piplup...)
    10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them. :D

Thats alotttttttt of reasons... :shocked:

Years
  • I think i took my post a bit too far there. I apologise. I just hate the little yellow mouse. It's been in the spotlight for far too long and it's created tons of spinoffs that really aren't needed AT ALL!

Yeah it sells, but there are so many better Pokemon out there that should be in the spotlight.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • You people who hate Pikachu (except Raichuchika, she's my pal) are JEALOUS !

*sweatdrops* Dawnfanboy, let me tell you about something called "diplomacy". It's when you respect other people and then fairly argue your views in such a way that they become inclined to agree with you. Calling other people jealous really doesn't help your standpoint much. In fact, it probably hurts it. :/

Unoriginal design? Meh, I wouldn't know. Can anyone tell me anything that looks remotely like Pikachu that is not a) connected with the Pokemon franchise in some way or b) a parody of Pikachu? I'd say that his design is pretty original.

1. hes weak...
    2. hes pathetic looking.
    4. hes overrated.
    7. he is UNCOOL!
    10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them.

You'll pardon me if I don't immediately begin hating Pikachu now. That really didn't convince me of anything other then the fact that you don't really grasp the art of diplomacy either. Pikachu isn't all that weak, not in comparison to some other Pokemon. (*cough*Magikarp, All caterpillar Pokemon, All cocoon Pokemon, Combee*cough*) Especially not with a light ball boost. (You can seriously wipe out a level one hundred Groudon without EVs using an EV-trained Pikachu with a light ball and either Hidden Power (grass) or surf. I wiped out some n00b's team on Netbattle with one, so I know this for a fact. 0_o) I'd never reccomend Pikachu as a competitive Pokemon, however. Pikachu is, however, the first of the massive "Pikachu-look-alike" line that Nintendo has come out with, and as I've stated it is my favorite character in the anime. (He's also the only Pokemon who generates this much controversy within the fandom.) Pikachu isn't pathetic looking. I mean, Raichu's design ain't all that great either. As I've said, if you don't like Pikachu being so powerful in the anime, take it up with the writing staff. Pikachu is not to blame here. It's a made-up monster, for heaven's sakes, how can it be Pikachu's fault? Define "Overrated". Define "Uncool". I can understand not liking something because multiple people are into it, but you don't have to be lone wolf. Raichuchika, post that moveset here and tell me what happened with that Grimer, because you give me serious reason to wonder whether your statement about "Good moves and everything" is to be trusted. Pikachu is not a rat. Rattata is a rat. Either way, I happen to like domesticated rats better then mice, so that's not a problem for me. And if you have reasons that people below fourteen shouldn't view, I'm wondering how a twelve-year-old acquired them. What could they be, anyway? That statement has no logic behind it whatsoever.

I always liked Raichu better. Pikachu is too...in your face with the way it acts. I just wish Raichu was stronger!

Fair enough.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Raichu is nicer; better movepool and stats
    But when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, it can't learn any more attacks. It's best to leave your Pikachu unevolved until level 26 at least, because that's when it learns Thunderbolt naturally. Otherwise, you would just be wasting a TM to teach your evolved-too-early Raichu an attack it could have learned another way.

That said, I love the little rodent. It's adorable. It's easily recognizable. Little kids (Pokemon's target audience) can't get enough of it. It's just a cute little companion.

For all those who wish Pikachu wasn't on the anime? Blame the Japanese population who voted to have it on the show. They are the ones that the Japanese writers (who actually create the episodes) cater for. They like Pikachu; they want Pikachu to stay; they get what they want.

The one reason why I get annoyed at all the products with Pikachu on them is because I want more Meowth. :| But I don't wish to have Pikachu suffer a horrible fate such as death.

Really, you people and all your hate towards a little anime rodent. *shakes head* The thing isn't hurting you in any way.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Pika is okay. Really kawaii, but he's all overated and stuff. ^^;\
    Course, nothing is wrong with that, but the little mouse seems to be misunderstood sometimes. ._. I mean by 'haters.'

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    It's humorous to note to all the people saying Pikachu is uncool, they're also playing a game that America largely considers to be idiotic and childish, and only played by pedo's and losers (Shame, really).

Do I like Pikachu? The only people I can see hating Pikachu are the one's who watch the show for consistency. When my Mewtwo starts to have sophisticated converse with me as seen in the movie, you can start complaining about inconsistency between the games and the show. When the S.S Anne gets shipwrecked and the trainer abandoned on an island full of giant robotic counterparts of familiar species, you can start complaining about inconsistency. They're not trying to have the two flow in a parallel manner of story-telling. If that were the case, the fanbase wouldn't even be this ridiculously large.

Pikachu's not bugging anyone. Don't like him, don't use him. He doesn't even have any spoken lines save for the afore-mentioned episode where they crashed on that island full of robotic Pokemon, and even then, all he was saying was "Pika Pikachu". I fail to see how any of you can accuse Pikachu. It's almost like you expect intense plot and character development among him as the series' progresses, and then get pissed when he doesn't deliver.

Besides', Ash's Pikachu's level in game would easily be off the charts.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Pikachu isn't bad. I don't hate or love it. It's simply...too infamous.

I prefer Pichu, anyway.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Pikachu isn't bad. I don't hate or love it. It's simply...too infamous.

I prefer Pichu, anyway.

You say that like it's a bad thing. XD

It's humorous to note to all the people saying Pikachu is uncool, they're also playing a game that America largely considers to be idiotic and childish, and only played by pedo's and losers (Shame, really).

And many other countries. Don't forget that we're on the internet here, and many of the people you run into might not be from America. (Alright, I'm American, but that doesn't mean everyone is.

That being said, I definitely agree with you. Wow... and I thought I was going to be the only one who likes Pikachu/thinks it's okay to begin writing out a huge argument on its behalf. :3

But when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, it can't learn any more attacks. It's best to leave your Pikachu unevolved until level 26 at least, because that's when it learns Thunderbolt naturally. Otherwise, you would just be wasting a TM to teach your evolved-too-early Raichu an attack it could have learned another way.

That said, I love the little rodent. It's adorable. It's easily recognizable. Little kids (Pokemon's target audience) can't get enough of it. It's just a cute little companion.

For all those who wish Pikachu wasn't on the anime? Blame the Japanese population who voted to have it on the show. They are the ones that the Japanese writers (who actually create the episodes) cater for. They like Pikachu; they want Pikachu to stay; they get what they want.

The one reason why I get annoyed at all the products with Pikachu on them is because I want more Meowth. :| But I don't wish to have Pikachu suffer a horrible fate such as death.

Really, you people and all your hate towards a little anime rodent. *shakes head* The thing isn't hurting you in any way.

All hail Hanako_Tabris: lover of the Police, queen of fanfic reviews, and defender of anime rodents. That sound good as a title? XD

Alright. As for you people who have said that you can't evolve the Yellow Version Pikachu, why on earth were you playing Yellow anyway? The point of that game is so it'll match up more smoothly with the anime while still following the basic plot of a Pokemon game. Why would you play it if you weren't already a fan of the anime? (Besides getting all three starters, I mean.) Anime fans probably wouldn't want to evolve their Pikachu, anyway.

Years
  • Thats alotttttttt of reasons... :shocked:

thanx, i try. and that isn't even all of em' :3

You people who hate Pikachu (except Raichuchika, she's my pal) are JEALOUS !

:D

And oh yeah, Art_Critic_Cubone, My Pikachu's move pool was.... (I had the TM cheat) shock wave, focus punch, iron tail, and attract. THERE. I SPOKE IN PROPER ENGLISH WHEN TALKING TO YOU. HAPPY? I HOPE SO. Yes, I KNOW there are quite a few Pokemon weaker than Pikachu... key word, A FEW. Get rid of them and Pikachu would be one of the weakest Pokemon in history. And I battled a freakin' Golem that was 10 levels higher than my Raichu and I STILL beat it. Would Pikachu be able to do that? I think not. And if you're wondering why I have reasons people under 14 shouldn't view, and I'm 12, it's because I have a SICK mind. *~* (failed attempt at a smiley) And oh yeah, if you're callin' me an idiot for thinking he's pathetic looking, you're callin' my father one too. He thinks Pikachu looks like a wimp too. He thinks Raichu looks tough and cool, just like me. I love my daddy. :D

Last edited:

Marsh-Stomp

My Marshtomp Shall Crush You!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    He's Alright.
    I don't love him, but i don't wanna Hate him either.

Years
  • ritchies pikachu rox. i think sparky would b cooler if he evolved, but im fine if he doesnt. as 4 all other pikachu's... i think the are, well... STUPID.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Of course I do.
    Pika is my luff.
    Oh how I love my Pika. <3

xp
    Its always been my favorite Pokemon, and will always be.
    & I have enough Pikachu related things in my room to amuse an entire army to prove it.

Back