• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • I liked doing art, but apparently I wasn't interested enough to get very good at it. My sister is a great anime artist though, she makes my dad jelly because he only knows how to do old school-style art with oils and paint and shit

My niche is computers. Both hardware and software, I love all of it. The former is going to be my career, and the latter my inner passion. I'm great at both of them.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I taught myself a little piano when I was way younger, I think this was when I was about 7 years old. I learned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Mary Had a Little Lamb just by trial and error/listening to the notes. I got pretty good with the guitar and drums as well, but my parents never bothered to let me take classes. Even though I asked constantly :(

So that's basically a pity, considering how much I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I don't know how my dad learned piano. It was after him and my mother separated but clearly he was good enough to qualify teaching on Fort Carson... o_O

He snuck my sister and I into getting free classes there. When the centre for his teaching changed though he couldn't anymore :/

Piano sounds really nice. I think I had a large collection of piano covers somewhere...

Years
  • My grandparents have a piano that I sometimes play around with when we go to their house, but i'm not much of a real player on it myself. We used to have a fun keyboard that would play neat sounds, but it's in my basement and sadly probably long past working.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I never cared to play the piano, to be honest. I played the saxophone and was relatively good. I stopped playing for health issues, which sucks. I really enjoyed playing. I want to get back to it very badly, but I don't have enough time as of now.

Years
  • Closest thing I ever had to a piano was some cheap electronic keyboard. Nope, I couldn't play that thing either.

I was a flute player! ...then I dropped out of band in high school. Sorry, when I'm short on electives, that's what gets dropped. :(

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I have a keyboard with with weighted keys (so it feels like an actual piano!) It's pretty neat, but I recently decided to take a break from playing, so it's just awkwardly sitting in my room. Whenever friends are over, they play with it a lot c;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I used to have a keyboard but I was never interested enough in music as a kid to learn anything about it and it ended up just collecting dust and then one day I decided I was going to sell it and I put it in the back of my dad's truck to take to this guy to sell it and the guy never showed and then on the way back it started raining when the weather channel said we were supposed to have clear skies all day so it got ruined.

I lost my guitar in a bet like a jackass. It was a pretty nice one, but I hardly played it either. All I have now is a trumpet. I hate trumpet. It's so loud and boring. I wish I had a tuba of my own instead, then I'd be much happier.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • I personally have an Acoustic Guitar, an Electric Bass, and a whole lot of Harmonicas. I'll either get a keyboard with 88 weighted keys, a viola, or a nice new epiphone, next. Mm, musical instruments...

Years
  • I lost my guitar in a bet like a jackass. It was a pretty nice one, but I hardly played it either. All I have now is a trumpet. I hate trumpet. It's so loud and boring. I wish I had a tuba of my own instead, then I'd be much happier.
    I always found the thought of playing the trumpet to be fascinating, for some reason.

Never got a chance to ever play one though.

Tuba would probably be in the same boat though. Any kind of brass instrument, really.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I always found the thought of playing the trumpet to be fascinating, for some reason.

Never got a chance to ever play one though.

Tuba would probably be in the same boat though. Any kind of brass instrument, really.

Trumpet is incredibly boring, it doesn't matter how good you get it all sounds pretty much the sound. Tuba has much more room to play with and the sound is much warmer than that of a trumpet. Playing the Flute's parts on a tuba was always so much fun in high school, get some weird looks and get to play high notes for a change.

I've always wanted to play percussion, but I could never figure it out which is pretty sad since it's supposed to be one of the easiest things you can get into.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I know guitar, drums, and a had a week of trumpet playing, but as a fat kid that broke me. As for 70 pages, eh it seems monumental, but after page 100 of a project of mine, I think its not really that bad.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have three guitars. I used to own 4, but I sold one. I also have a cajon, a keyboard, and some stuff to record with. I really want to be a bass, and a better microphone.

Yukari

Wait, we're talking about music? Also, sorry about not being active in this thread.

I tried to learn how to play the piano, but I never actually owned one myself. (I just had this Keyboard that didn't work very well, and that ended up breaking) I've been wanting to learn to play the guitar though. And we actually own one this time!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have a guitar sitting around but I don't know how to play it. I used to be able to play the piano but I've largely forgotten. I should buy a keyboard and try to get back into it.

A good microphone isn't too hard unless you want one of those studio-quality ones.

Yeah I know. It's that I'm too lazy to get one. I'd go for the studio quality. A friend of mine has one and the sound is amazing. We recorded some stuff over there, and it just sounds so good. It would mean that I'd have to soundproof my room though.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Was it mandatory for some elementary schools to have you play a recorder? Mine never did and I was soooo jealous when I'd hear about other kids getting to

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back