• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who : What Did You Think Of The New Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The episodes not out yet where I live. But from what I saw before when he first changed he spat on the TARDIS which makes me think he may very well fail to meet my expectations from a doctor. Nobody will ever surpass Tom Baker though.

I'm pretty sure that was Matt Smith actually got debris in his mouth, so he spit it out and went on with the scene. And for whatever reason, the director/editor went with that take.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Hehehe, I didn't notice that! How dare he spit on the precious TARDIS! She's like his wife, you don't spit on your wife! (Unless you're into that kind of thing)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    He was better than I expected and as the head writter is now Steven Moffat who has done some amazing episodes and my personal favourite The Girl in the Fire Place I am looking forward to what he has planned.

I didn't like the new intro but it had to be done really after all the changes that had been made from the last series to this one.

New assistant was good, annoying at parts though.

Tennant will still always be my favourite Doctor I think but the ending was good showing all the old nes hen him stepping through saying "Hello, I'm the Doctor - Run" Thought that line was good.

Sugar Baby

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    Aaaaah I love this show. I'm such a Doctor Who geek I even have Dalek bubble bath!

I thought Matt Smith was a really good Doctor, even though I don't like his bow tie. Also I wish he traveled with the young Ami instead of the old one because the young Ami was funnier.

Kon~

Years
    What was everyone's opinion on the latest episode? (Episode two: The Beast Below)
    Remember to post spoiler tags for people who haven't seen it yet!

(2nd epi stuff starts here: )
    Spoiler:

And that's why Steven Moffat is a genius. After all, he gave birth to one of my favourite quotes ever:

Rose: Oh, here's trouble. What you been up to?
    The Doctor: Oh, this and that. Became the imaginary friend of a future French aristocrat, picked a fight with a clockwork man... [A whinny is heard from off screen] Oh, and I met a horse.
    Mickey: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
    The Doctor: Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

XD ~♪

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    He was abysmal, because he was only acting for the appraisal of people that type the first letter of every word, with a capital letter.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I though the new doctor was brilliant, and the episodes seen so far were well done.
    I'm Gonna Second That! He Was Brilliant In The Last 2 Episodes! And I Loved The Ending.
    Spoiler:

Awesome Acting!!

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
    The beast below was brilliant, the first few episode are usually the worst of the season but they have been pretty good so far. Cannot wait to see the new darkles.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Loved the episodes so far and I like Mat Smiths eccentricity as The Doctor. Despite it's bad publicity, I prefer the new intro by the way.

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
    Episode three ("Victory of the Daleks") was... um... not the best I've seen. To be brutally honest, the Daleks have long grown old for me, and yet DW's insistance of reviving them every series is infuriating. Every time, they are completely and utterly destroyed. Every time, there is a loophole somewhere. It's just... annoying.

On the subject of the episodes, however:
    Spoiler:

My final opinion is: meh. ~♪

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    These cracks, appearing in each episode must mean something, as apparently, someone is causing them, maybe it's the Master doing it, or the Cybermen, maybe even Davros, or is it something else entirely......

Also, the Daleks are a long time part of the series, they cannot die, really, what would be of Doctor Who without Daleks may I ask........

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hilarious, the end of episode two. Only in Doctor Who can the smartest being in the universe and an entire country from the future be outsmarted by a Scottish chick from the past in her night gown.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I thought David Tennant was excellent and had reservations about Matt Smith. Thought he was good in the first episode. I must say that Amy helped. They could make for an interesting partnership.

I though the second episode was a bit weak and the third seemed to come to an abrupt conclusion (obviously didn't want it spilling over into a second epsiode). This weeks caught me by surprise with the "cliffhanger".

So far then... better than expected.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I loved the end of this weeks episode, it was so funny, especially:

Doctor: I am 907 years old, do you know what that means?!
    Amy: It's been a while?

and

Doctor: Amy Pond. Mad, impossible Amy Pond. I don't know why I have no idea, but the single most important thing in the history of the universe is that I get you sorted out right now.
    Amy (lying seductively on the bed): That's what I've been trying to tell you!

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I loved the end of this weeks episode, it was so funny, especially:

Doctor: I am 907 years old, do you know what that means?!
    Amy: It's been a while?

and

Doctor: Amy Pond. Mad, impossible Amy Pond. I don't know why I have no idea, but the single most important thing in the history of the universe is that I get you sorted out right now.
    Amy (lying seductively on the bed): That's what I've been trying to tell you!
    That's Why I Love The Writers! XD The Acting Also Made It Really Funny...<3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back