• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who : What Did You Think Of The New Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Some people are already speculating on the possibilities of the duck pond having something to do with the end episode and the crack :O

Strangely enough I didn't like this weeks episode as much as last weeks episode O.o o.O

Yay crack in the wall!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I loved the end of this weeks episode, it was so funny, especially:

Doctor: I am 907 years old, do you know what that means?!
    Amy: It's been a while?

and

Doctor: Amy Pond. Mad, impossible Amy Pond. I don't know why I have no idea, but the single most important thing in the history of the universe is that I get you sorted out right now.
    Amy (lying seductively on the bed): That's what I've been trying to tell you!

That was absolute genius XD
    Although, I stand by my theory that he did do it with Rose. And I have evidence!
    Spoiler:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I think Matt Smith is a pretty cool guy, but he's no David Tennant.
    Me Seconds That! XD I Think Matt Is Doing A Great Job, But He Will Never Be, In Our Minds, David. And Here's What I Think Of The New Opening Theme And Credits ^_^ ~
    Spoiler:

.....I Hate The BBC Sometimes....*Sigh*

Kon~

Years
    Also, the Daleks are a long time part of the series, they cannot die, really, what would be of Doctor Who without Daleks may I ask........

It would still be amazing.

For me, Daleks are the lowest points of the series. It feels like the writers did all but one episode, struggled to think of one more and though, "Hey, you know what? Let's just put a Dalek episode in there."

"Are you sure? I mean... how many times have we destroyed the Daleks? This seems a little far-fetched."

"Oh... but... um... it's tradition. You see? Now write me a Dalek episode *leaves*."

"... o.o... -.-."

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    That was absolute genius XD
    Although, I stand by my theory that he did do it with Rose. And I have evidence!
    Spoiler:
    Or she probably got didden lolwut by a Cyberman, probably more concerning,
    And the Doctor can't "get it on" with humans can he? o.o'
    But meh.
    No bedroom in Tardis =[

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Or she probably got didden lolwut by a Cyberman, probably more concerning,
    And the Doctor can't "get it on" with humans can he? o.o'
    But meh.
    No bedroom in Tardis =[

the floor's pretty wide

If there's a swimming pool and a library in the TARDIS, I daresay there's a bedroom.

And y'know, even the Doctor's getting bored of the Daleks. Should've seen his face when he was bashing that Ironside. He was mad. M. A. D.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    The latest episode [Stone and Flesh] was pretty good in my opinion. But the Ironside episode wasn't. The new Daleks (and Daleks in general) have lost their touch. The new ones look like skittles for God's sake. Steven Moffat has really messed up the Daleks this time. I mean, how can they survive after Davros' destruction? This has gone on too long.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The new Daleks looks so stupid, imo. I half-expected the Doctor to make a Power Rangers joke, but he was too srs with his jam cake TARDIS Self-destructor and stuff.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    David Tenant's acting was better, much, much, more better =D. Tenant is the best Doctor. Matt's alright, he's hilarious, silly and just a brilliant actor. Nobody can replace Tenant. *sigh* ;(

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Matt Smith is perfectly fine for me and is up there with the best Doctors like Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston.

David Tennant on the other hand, is my least favourite Doctor of all-time. I just found his characterisation rather horrible.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What do you think of Angel Bob? I think he is funny.

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    He seems like he's trying to be tennant. I wish he would be much more original. His appearance is much better than tennant however. I still say Baker is the best doc.

Garland

Rouge troll.
    Years
    Tom Baker is fantastic, and always will be. Smith is decent enough in the role but doesn't really seem particularly unique. I like Karen Gillan though. She's my favourite of all the companions so far, definitely.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    he tried to copy david too much......

i like his new partner better than him, shes the perfect fit for the doctor, & shes gorgeous lol

im givin him a chance over the next few episodes, but im not gettin my hopes up -_-"

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    For me, Daleks are the lowest points of the series. It feels like the writers did all but one episode, struggled to think of one more and though, "Hey, you know what? Let's just put a Dalek episode in there."

Mr Moffat on Daleks: "You don't have to bring them back. There's absolutely no law that says you have to bring back the Daleks. But occasionally, back in the day, when I still looked at the fan stuff on the internet, there'd be people saying, 'Oh, the Daleks are back every year!' But for kids that's ages to wait for a Dalek story. You have to think of the Daleks as almost a regular character. They're one of the regulars. But they're brilliant. They're still the number one Doctor Who monster. They were invented in 1963 and they're still number one. That says there's something very magical about them. We haven't managed to top them. So of course you're going to bring them back. You can pretend you're being a grown-up and say, 'Oh, it's the Daleks again!', but secretly your little heart is beating, because it's the Daleks. "

And he's right, of course.

Kon~

Years
    Mr Moffat on Daleks: "You don't have to bring them back. There's absolutely no law that says you have to bring back the Daleks. But occasionally, back in the day, when I still looked at the fan stuff on the internet, there'd be people saying, 'Oh, the Daleks are back every year!' But for kids that's ages to wait for a Dalek story. You have to think of the Daleks as almost a regular character. They're one of the regulars. But they're brilliant. They're still the number one Doctor Who monster. They were invented in 1963 and they're still number one. That says there's something very magical about them. We haven't managed to top them. So of course you're going to bring them back. You can pretend you're being a grown-up and say, 'Oh, it's the Daleks again!', but secretly your little heart is beating, because it's the Daleks. "

And he's right, of course.

Perhaps, but his word isn't the law; the Daleks just don't get me excited any more. It was fine the first couple of times they got completely destroyed and mysteriously revived, but now it's just like... when are they EVER going to just go down? The revivals are getting more and more farfetched. I mean, the most recent one:
    "Oh, remember that huge Infinity Bomb that went off and completely disintegrated our entire race? Well, it managed to just miss us four, and now we're going to create some Power Ranger Daleks."

In that episode, the Daleks didn't even do anything. They spent the majority of the episode pretending to be Ironsides, and then the new Daleks were revealed, and then they left. No action, no plot, nothing. It was a wasted episode and did the tiniest amount of good in reviving the oldest enemies of the Doctor. But old has a meaning. I want new, fresh enemies, or recent revivals, like the brand new Prisoner Zero, or the 'been out of the box only once' Weeping Angels.

Not Daleks. Again. And Again. And Again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back