• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who : What Did You Think Of The New Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yesterday's epsiode was pretty good.

The ending especially.

Looking forward to next week's epsiode, James Corden being in it and all.
    Pretty good? It was the best episode of the season yet. I cried. None of the other nine episodes had quite as touching a story.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The 11th hour, the Angels story, Amy's Choice, and Vincent and the Doctor have all been oustanding this season, with a few bad ones of course.

Matt Smith had said there was several things (4 or 5, can't remember exactly what he said) to look out for this season that relate to the finale. Here are a few possible ones (in spoiler tags of course).

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I can't look up, as I haven't seen the last two episodes, but....

...a lot of people dislike Matt Smith because he seems like he's trying too hard to be David Tennant. I like him because he's hilarious in the instances when he does that.
    I also like how each doctor gets funnier yet less emotional each time (He didn't care that Rory died/was ripped out of reality).

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Well, I can't look up, as I haven't seen the last two episodes, but....

...a lot of people dislike Matt Smith because he seems like he's trying too hard to be David Tennant. I like him because he's hilarious in the instances when he does that.
    I also like how each doctor gets funnier yet less emotional each time (He didn't care that Rory died/was ripped out of reality).
    I definitely wouldn't call it trying to Tennant. His Doctor has been very original. He's much more awkward, professorish, and just overall more Doctor like than Tennant, who although was a very good Doctor, seem to have a rally call for fangirls. The 11th hour was different, but its not like that one was filmed first, so it must have been intentional, and was just transitional.

I also think he does care a lot about that stuff, he just shows in much more subtle ways, or even bottles it up until he breaks out in frustration, like when he gets mad in The Beast Below or Flesh and Stone.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    It was totally epic!

Spoiler:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I like Matt, still haven't gotten quite used to him and I miss David, but I guess it was time for a new change. Btw I loved Vincent and the Doctor. By far the best episode (for me) this series. Kinda made me shed a tear...lol. :cer_laugh: And darn my curiosity for opening that spoiler. But the episodes towards the ending of each series are supposed to be and have always been bleak. Constantly leaving you in a WTH moment.

PokemonMaster97

"The King Of The Flying Types"
    Years
    Ive got a feeling its river song coz the daleks said "You are the only person who can drive the TARDIS" But so can she!!! ;O

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Ive got a feeling its river song coz the daleks said "You are the only person who can drive the TARDIS" But so can she!!! ;O

Exactly!
    Spoiler:

I think it's pretty clear who's to blame here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back