• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who : What Did You Think Of The New Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Saying Daleks are bad for Doctor Who is like saying that Jessie, James and Meowth are bad for the Pokémon anime. Yeah, maybe you're right, but you can't get rid of them without losing a major part of the show.

That's a part of it; I don't feel they are a major part any more. They crop up once, maybe twice, a series, mess about for a bit, completely defy everything Doctor Who has ever taught me by surviving the impossible in more and more farfetched ways and then scurry away again until next series.

I doubt anyone would notice without prompt if there were a series with no Dalek episode.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    /resurrection

Cold Blood
    AAMMMAAGGAADD!! Who the hell saw that ending coming? Seriously!

Spoiler:

Years
    "Oh, remember that huge Infinity Bomb that went off and completely disintegrated our entire race? Well, it managed to just miss us four, and now we're going to create some Power Ranger Daleks."

I still prefer calling them 'iPod Daleks'.

That episode had little going on, should have either not happened or been a two parter so something happened eventually.

/resurrection

Cold Blood
    AAMMMAAGGAADD!! Who the hell saw that ending coming? Seriously!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like when The Doctor came out of the cake in the vampire episode. That was the best scene.

Years
    I like Matt Smith, at first I wasn't sure that he'd be good for the role but he fits it well in my opinion. He's funny and a little quirky.. and he's different! Bring on more episodes ehe! :classic:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Saying Daleks are bad for Doctor Who is like saying that Jessie, James and Meowth are bad for the Pokémon anime. Yeah, maybe you're right, but you can't get rid of them without losing a major part of the show.
    If There Were No Daleks, It Would Be Like....A Car Without Wheels Or A Cake Without The Icing Or A Human Without A Heart. It Would Be Incomplete.

Years
    Anyone actually of the believing that Smith is better than Tennant?

I liked how Tennant fitted into the role but Smith provides a few more comedy moments well, not sure between the two personally.

Ecclestone still beats both. :D

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Anyone actually of the believing that Smith is better than Tennant?

I liked how Tennant fitted into the role but Smith provides a few more comedy moments well, not sure between the two personally.

Ecclestone still beats both. :D
    No....And In My Opinion I Wasn't That Into It That Much When Chris Was Doctor, I WAAAAY Prefered It When Tennant Was In Role.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Eleven is my favourite out of the new Doctors so far. Nine was my first, and will therefore always be special, but I never really clicked with Ten. He seemed too...well, childish. And Rose annoyed my socks off. >:[ Eleven, on the other hand, seems to take the best elements of both, as well as harking back to my favourite Old!School Doctor with his Troughtonesque persona. Now all I need to see him in is Six's multi-coloured dreamcoat and I'm happy with him for life.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The eleventh Doctor is my favorite of all the new ones because he has a very Doctor-ish voice, like that is how you would expect an intelligent but also eccentric person to speak.

Also, I found this picture from one of the episodes that hasn't come out yet and...

Spoiler:

Years
    The eleventh Doctor is my favorite of all the new ones because he has a very Doctor-ish voice, like that is how you would expect an intelligent but also eccentric person to speak.

Also, I found this picture from one of the episodes that hasn't come out yet and...

Spoiler:

Interesting.

So he could be back sooner than I thought.

Years
    I like Smith more with each episode. He and Gillan have good chemistry. Now if only we could avoid episodes like the vampires one and have more like the dream one I think that would be swell.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Doctor Who writer Gareth Roberts reveals that Matt Smith is going to be "pretty much" naked in episode 11. Exciting news.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Matt smith is good, but I don't think much of the production/directing staff, or some of the writers that have been this season.

What happened Stephen Moffat, you used to be good?!

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    A lot of my friends said the hated him before they even seen an episode of him, they said they would never watch Doctor Who again because Tennant left. I said I'd give it a shot because I was curious. I like him as The Doctor. I thought his debut was great and I've enjoyed every episode, I can't wait to see how this series ends. I'm loving the new assistant too, she's hot, and plays a good part. Oh an I forgot to mention, my friends now ALL LOVE Matt Smith, hypocrites much?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Yesterday's epsiode was pretty good.

The ending especially.

Looking forward to next week's epsiode, James Corden being in it and all.

The ending was heart-breaking. I think the acting in this season really harks back to season one with the Ninth Doctor. It all seems very bitter-sweet. I also totally wanted Vincent to become a part-time TARDIS companion, like Agatha Christie did with Ten and Donna. XD

I have no idea what next week's is about, because the preview was a bit oblique, but I can't wait. Although I'm not a great fan of Corden, but there we go. ._. The crazy old dude in the attic looks cool at least...

Years
    Me & my dad may have discovered one of the things that were told to look out for through the series. (Like the cracks in walls, though they're pretty damn obvious)

Now its probably just a coincedence but its still pretty odd.

Basically, on Saturday I was watching Dr Who and as they showed Vincent everything in the tardis I noticed the logo for Magpie's Electricals (which you'll know all about if you caught the Idiots Lantern episode) then my dad found the same logo on a banner in episode two of this series.

Pretty odd?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back