• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dog or Cat?

Who's better Cats or Dogs

• Total voters

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Mhm this is tough! I guess my vote will go for cats. I love dogs too :(

Years
  • Ehhhhhhh!
    I don't really have a favorite...

Dogs - Cool and fun to play with. A little annoying at times as they normally want attention all the time in the form of physical activities. I don't mind, but when you want to watch/play something, it is annoying.

Cats - Do their own thing and are adorable. They do want attention, but in a easy form. TV or game while they are sat near you.

I would have to say... neither! XD

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • Pets: Cats > Dogs
    Wild: Dogs > Cats

Since this thread is asking about a cat or a dog for a pet. My vote goes to the cats. I like house cats over house dogs. But if this thread was asking out in the wild, it would be dogs. Because I like the canines wolves, foxes, coyotes and hyenas more then the feelines, tigers, lions, jaguars, lynxes, etc.,

Years
  • Cats, because they can find their own amusement. They aren't over-energetic and persistent to get your attention. Dogs always want you to play with them, cats are happy either way.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Kittens are the most adorable things I've ever seen, but when they grow up they turn into the devil. So in the end, I'm more of a dog person.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Dogs are just better in any way. Except for how much the poop stinks and irresponsibility.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Uh-oh, I made a mistake (... :D), there was already a Dog 'n' Cat thread in OVP. ;o Merged since the new one was off to a start anyway~

I prefer dogs, by the way. Loyal, awesome companions.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I've had a cat and a dog. While I could talk in paragraph form, I think a list of pros and cons is soooo much more fun more advanced. :] And size two font filled. :'D

• Cat Pros - Cats are adorable as kittens. They're playful, tiny, and cuteee! When they grow up, they can still be playful, but are even better for snuggling when you're sick/sad. Their fur is soft and their pur makes me feel comforted. When a cat rubs up against you, it makes you feel loved. They also don't need to be walked/don't slobber over everything. You can clip their front claws so they don't scratch you either. Cats are almost never bothersome or loud.
    • Cat Cons - Oh woah. Cats are dirty! Kitty litter flies everywhere and smellssss. D: When a cat doesn't like someone, it doesn't go unnoticed. They chase people they don't like, bat them with their paws, and bite. Annnnd hiss. It'd be fine if cats only hated a couple people, but a lot of them hate many people. My old cat put me in the hospital for three. very. painful. days. after he bit my ankle and made it infected. Most adult cats aren't playful or obedient. They are introverted and love to just chill. That could be a good thing if you're a chill kind of person, but bad if you want your pet to play with you.
    • Dog Pros - Dogs are extremely playful. You could go outside with them for hours and they'd still be playing with you. They're lovable pets, and very affectionite. A dog is loyal too. They rarely turn on you and love a lot of people. My dog doesn't have a mean bone in her body when it comes to people. She snuggles with us, never bites us, is wonderful with the baby, and eats my food when I don't want it. There's no need to throw any food in the garbage when you have a dog :ppp. Finally, you can never feel unsafe with a dog. They're protective and amazing. :321 /lastsentenceslightlybias
    • Dog Cons - Dogs always need to be taken out. To play, to get rid old food, and to walk. It can be incredibly annoying to do this many times in a day. Dogs also can be tooo playful. Never resisting a time to play, dogs can annoy you with a tennis ball for hours upon hours. They're also loud, so one has to be careful with a dog at night to avoid waking up neighbors. Their nails are also sharp and painful if you don't get them clipped, making playing with them dangerous sometimes.
    Yay pros and cons! Cats and dogs are both great pets. They also both have downsides, like every pet (or anything one does for that matter). But Cats and Dogs are completely different. Someone who loves to be at home and relax all the time may like a cat. Someone who is active and is outdoors playing constantly may favor a dog. Since they're so different, I personally see it as unfair to put one above the other. They're both great for different reasons, and I love them both. :)

Years
  • Dogs. A cat almost scratched my eye. I have a scar below my eye b/c my brother's friend had a cat. I'm afraid to hold a cat. I think I was allergic to my ex's cat. My ex's cat was shy, but I couldn't breathe when it was around. I like dogs that are nice. Not those crazy dogs I saw that were attacking 2 men in the movie, Beethoven. I prefer dogs. My next door neighbor owns 4 cats, and they keep coming in my backyard. The only male one is named Ashley. She has 3 girl cats. I'm insulted. Why couldn't she name the girl one Ashley? Both my mom's brothers have had dogs. They're cute little dogs. My cousin's new dog is so shy and sweet. He lets you hold him. ^_^

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Cats. Just, really. They're cleaner, and apparently mine is quite nice to just about everyone. owo

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Cats, definitely. I don't get along well with dogs; I ignore them, and they ignore me.

Back