• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Name: Steve
    Version: Diamond
    Generation/Type: II Water, Feraligatr and Lanturn

Pwns Roark easily with Turtwig, then goes to Jubilife and gets Shiny Totodile and regular Chinchou from brother in Jubilife. Totodile in Marc (for those who get the joke), Chinchou is Shine. Begins hike to Eterna Forest. Defeats Mars relatively easy, goes on to go with Cheryl and then gets to Eterna. Totodile is now Croconaw, trains him until he learns Ice Fang. I go in and demolish everyone in the gym with Chinchou with a little help from Croconaw.

Battles Gardenia. I get the first hits early. Chinchou=Confuse Ray and then Spark. Rinse and repeat to take down Cherubi and almost Turtwig but she got me with one last Razor Leaf. Croconaw comes in and finishes Turtwig with Ice Fang. Ice Fang and Rage also get the job done on Roserade with some help with Super Potions. Save and quit.
    dpmfsa159.png

Marc, Level 23
    Attacks: Water Gun, Rage, Ice Fang, Bite

dpmfa170.png

Shine, Level 22
    Attacks: Spark, Confuse Ray, Water Gun, Thunder Wave

Badges: 2

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Update #4:

Name: Fire (Female)
    Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetales)

Another HUUUGE update. Helped Lucas in Veilstone and did all that jazz, travelled south to Pastoria and caught a new HM slave. Defeated the Gym with realtive ease, beat my rival and chased the Galactic dude back to the Lake. Cynthia gave me the medicine for Psyduck, travelled along that route and saved Celestic Town. Flew back to Hearthome and defeated fantina. Badge #5. Flew back to Jublife and surfed West to Canalave. Defeated the Gym, went to the library with Water but ZAMG theres been a bomb at the lake! Went back there, booted the galactic Commander out (why do they all use bugs ._.), went back to Lake Verity and helped Lucas defeat Mars again. Flew back to Veilstone, healed and saved.

I think I'm gonna have to take a break and slow my pace, as I need to get back to breeding on my Pearl or I won't be ready for the Summer Tourney...

Team:

Charizard (Smarg), Male, Lv. 46
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fly
    - Fire Fang

Ninetales (Keeara), Female, Lv. 45
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - Confuse Ray

Bibarel (Simpleton), Male, Lv. 18
    - Cut
    - Rock Smash
    - Surf
    - Strength

Happiny Egg

Badges: 6
    Play Time: 10:00

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay. Here we are.

Name: Mitsuru
    Version: Pearl
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay. Got through Solaceon Ruins and got the Seals Case. Went through Lost Tower and got Strength HM. Put Piplup in Daycare because I felt horrible and caught a Bibarel. Went down to the mansion and got Soothe Bell and gave it to James, who still hasn't evolved, but he should in a level or two. We're currently heading to Veilstone.

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 32
    Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Attract

James/Budew lv. 32
    Absorb, Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Growth

Bibarel: Cut, Strength
    Geodude: Rock Smash
    Murkrow: --
    Happiny Egg

Playtime: ?

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Name: Steve
    Generation/Type: II Water, Feraligatr and Lanturn

Completely annihilated Jupiter at the Galactic Eterna Building. Then got the Bike and did some cycling. Crossed Mt. Coronet to Hearthome. Slaughtered Rival, Starly and Buizel quickly fell to Shine's Spark and Take Down, and Roselia took an Ice Fang beating, while Monferno didn't like Water Pulse too much.

Wasted massive amounts of time doing contests, but I won. Then I got the Happiny egg (I wanna breed this later), and made my way down to Veilstone. Caught Bibarel and named him HMSLAVE. Got to Veilstone and trained around there, then I challenged Maylene.

Meditite was actually pretty hard for Shine to handle. It kept healing itself and using Cross Chop. But then for some reason it kept "tightening it's focus" and then when it was hit it "lost its focus". It kep doing that until Shine took it down. Machoke fell easily to Shine's patented stategy of "Use Protect and then Take Down until it faints". Then Lucario came. Easily took out Shine with Aura Sphere and crap. But Marc came in, and Water Pulse confused it. Then a couple of Ice Fangs did the trick.

dpmfsa159.png

Marc, Level 30 (Didn't want him to eveolve yet, needed moves quicker.)
    Attacks: Ice Fang, Bite, Water Pulse (TM), Crunch

dpmfa170.png

Shine, Level 28 (Same thing as with Marc)
    Attacks: Protect (TM), Spark, Bubblebeam, Take Down

dpmfa400.png

HMSLAVE, Level 20 (Will get rid of Growl and Tackle once more HM's arrive)
    Attacks: Cut, Rock Smash, Growl, Tackle

I need to capture a flying pokemon to use Fly on!
    Badges: 3
    Ribbons I got for no reason: 2 (one cool, the other smart)
    XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Can I do Generation IV, type Dark, and Weavile and Honchkrow?

Could I use pokesav to get sneasel and murkrow and the items to evolve them at the beginning?

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
    Years
  • Update number one...

Well I did all that extremely fun stuff at the begining. Got "THUD'd" by Chris a couple of times and met him at trainer school, got a map, beat the Abra trainers and taught Hidden Power to my powerhouse Venanot and sadly it seems to be poison as it's NVE against Zubat and Onix. Got to the rock trainers town(the name escapes me) and did a little training before the leader and my Medapod evolved! Now this was the worst part yet the gym leader was terrible as it spamed Rock Throw it took 2 tries as the first I was all out attack, now I played defencively I started off with Venanot and disabled Geodudes Rock throw. Then I switched to Butterfree and kept using harden until he was un Disabled and spamed Confusion. Then 2 potions later and most of my Confusions Geodude was dead and now that I know that he has no more potions I was ready for Onix. Now I took a big risk next as I used Harden and guess what STEALTH ROCK phew well I again spamed confusions and sooner rater than later Onix was dead now time for his main Pokemon Cranidos and it was easy pickins there and I won. Challenge 1...COMPLETE! Potions used 6...xD

My team:

Venanot
    Hidden Power
    Disable
    Tackle
    I forget

Butterfree
    Confusion
    Harden
    Takle
    String Shot

GG Rorak(SP?)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can I do Generation IV, type Dark, and Weavile and Honchkrow?

Could I use pokesav to get sneasel and murkrow and the items to evolve them at the beginning?

You can, but if you have an Action Replay or a friend/sibling that can breed, then that is better recommended. But, if PokeSav is your only solution, then I guess so. But, if the game crashes, you have to drop out.

James finally evolved at level 33 and is able to defeat Monferno and other fire types. Yay. Hailey learned Magical Leaf so I got rid of crappy Bullet Seed. Currently training with the two trainers ouside Veilstone until level 40 is reached.

Haile/ Leafeon lv. 37
    Magical Leaf, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Attract

James/ Roselia lv. 35
    Absorb, Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Growth

Bibarel: Cut, Strength
    Happiny Egg

Playtime: 15:23

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Don't you have to have an AR to use pokesav?

Anyways, I'll make them and update my stuff here in a minute.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really know nothing about PokeSav. I know Action Replay basics and that's it.

So wait, you have to make the Sneasel and Murkrow?

If that's the case, I'm not so sure on using PokeSav.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I really know nothing about PokeSav. I know Action Replay basics and that's it.

So wait, you have to make the Sneasel and Murkrow?

If that's the case, I'm not so sure on using PokeSav.
    Good point, I'll look up some encounter codes then. Because I'm the only person with a ds I know, I can't think of a way to trade (other than wifi, which I don't have my dads password for).

But yes, Pokesav will let you edit any aspect of a pokemon, you can give them any nature, impossible stats, any ability, any move, etc.

I found an encounter code that works, it just makes a wild sneasel/murkrow. I caught a level 3 Murkrow and a level 3 Sneasel.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Na
    I found an encounter code that works, it just makes a wild sneasel/murkrow. I caught a level 3 Murkrow and a level 3 Sneasel.

Yes, that's the code I'm familiar with. That'll work just fine. :D

Trained Hailey to level 40 with James running at 39, who just now got to 40. Currently in Veilstone Gym.

Hailey/Leafeon
    Magical Leaf, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Attract

James/Roselia
    Petal Dance, Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Growth

Bibarel: Strength, Cut
    Happiny Egg

Playtime: 17:50

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Hmm.. I think I'll take up on this Challenge.. though I'm not sure which Pokemon to choose.. XD; this post will have probably been sat on my screen for a while, before I submit it, because I'll likely be thinking of which to use.. ^^;;

Since Glaceon and Leafeon are being used in other people's 2-Pokemon Challenge, I think I'll go with.. this:

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Generation: II
    Type: Fire
    Pokemon:
    Typhlosion & Houndoom

I'll be fine in obtaining the Pokemon needed, because I have a Diamond with both Basic forms on, and three DS consoles in the house. ^^

However, I'll not be able to restart my Pearl for a while, because I've items and Pokemon I wish to transfer across to my Diamond, before restarting.. so it will likely be tomorrow afternoon, Sunday or Monday that I start my challenge.. ^^;;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That was actually my second choice, Glaceon_. xD

Badges: 4
    Combo: Grass IV w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Beat Maylene very easily. Magical Leaf, Mega Drain, and Attract with lots of Magical Leaves. She never got to use a Super Potion. Cobble Badge get! Wake was easy as fudge. James and Hailey were at level 45 for this treck. It literally went like this: Magical Leaf, Petal Dance, Magical Leaf. Fen Badge get! Rival...was even easier. Aerial Ace, Aerial Ace, Sunny Day + Weather Ball, Mega Drain. Cleared Psyduck and got bored...

Hailey/ Leafeon lv. 46 @Shell Bell
    Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Attract

James/ Roserade lv. 45 @Heat Rock
    Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Weather Ball(fire)

Bibarel: Strength, Cut
    Murkrow: Fly, Defog
    Starly: --

Playtime: 21:08

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Hey, I wont be updating for a while either
    I have to finish leveling my pokemon to 100,giving them movesets, and EV train them :D
    So boring xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey, I wont be updating for a while either
    I have to finish leveling my pokemon to 100,giving them movesets, and EV train them :D
    So boring xD

Well, hey, at least that shows I'm not the only one training like a madman. I kinda have to...having grass Pokemon and everything...with OMG FIVE WEAKNESSES.

So take your time. No rush whatsoever...just don't kill Giratina! ;D

Glaceon_

Years
  • Well, Typhlosion was my second favourite Starter, after Feraligatr, but since Feraligatr was taken.. XD I also actually started with Cyndaquil, on the Shiny Gold hack I'm linking to in my signature. ^^

Funny thing is, on my Pearl file, before restarting it for this challenge, I caught Giratina at the lowest I'd ever tried; Level 55. XD

But you heard me right; I've restarted my game, after a painful few hours transferring items and Pokemon.. XD;

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Badges: 0
    Combo: Fire - Gen. II - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Chimchar: (Male) Level 5
    Cyndaquil Egg
    Houndour Egg

I just traded across the two eggs for the challenge, and will be hatching them, pretty soon. Hope it doesn't take too long, but with my luck, it'll probably take the longest possible.. XD; For the added challenge, I also chose Chimchar on my game, making my opposing Pokemon Piplup, with my rival. I'll probably regret that.. XD

My rival, I named Ralph, which is the second default name for your rival; at least on Pearl. I was lazy.. XD

Play Time: 0:29

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Could i have Normal type's Jigglypuff & Skitty please

I would love to join and since i can catch them with my friend ds and trade them over i would love to join this whole commotion with the chalenge please.
    They have to be in the same generation, or atleast they're evolutions do. So, say jigglypuff and Clefairy would work, and Skitty and Linoone would work, but Jigglypuff and skitty don't.

Also, am I allowed to cheat for the Items needed to evolve my pokemon?

Update: I most likely wont be able to finish this challenge because I'm going on a trip. BUt I'll go as far as I can.

I turned on the encounter cheat, and got my sneasel (named him Slash, when he evolves I'll call him Manyula, rather than Weavile) and murkrow after choosing Chimchar as a starter (I figured he would learn the most hm moves).

Took the tour of Rowans town.

Glaceon_

Years
  • I was thinking about using Normal types, but I'd have gone with Miltank and probably.. Girafarig. XD

[FONT=&quot]Name:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Koma [ Female ]
    Badges: 0
    Combo: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Fire[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ge[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]II[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Houndour (Female) Level 10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Moves: Leer/Ember/Howl/Smog
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cyndaquil (Male) Level 11[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Moves: Tackle/Leer/Ember/Smokescreen[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Chimchar (Male) Level 5[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Bidoof Level 3[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hatched those eggs surprisingly quickly, and got straight into training them up. within a short while, both of them had reached Level 5, and I'd started to move out towards Jubilife. There, I found a conveniently hidden Parlyz Heal, met up with Ralph, and got my Poketch. From there, I went north, took out a few more trainers, got another Parlyz Heal around the pond, to the right, then proceeded to slaughter Ralph's Starly and Piplup with Cyndaquil. ^^[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Currently, I'm sat near the cave that leads to Oreburgh City. Might do a little training, before I brave the weakness that I have, in this Gym Leader.. XD[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Play Time: 1:59
    [/FONT]

Back