• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Finally, I got around to doing this ^.^.

After much thought, I have decided to go with the combination of Lucario and Bronzong :D! It's going to be a pain training them, but I have never used Steel types before, so this should be fun :).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Alright then, Ben.

Good choice, I must say. You have something offensive and defensive. I wish you good luck, and I'll add that to the list.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Oi, I've been having trouble trying to get a Riolu egg from the daycare. The daycare man says "Your Pokemon are doing fine. They prefer to play with other Pokemon than with each other." That can't be a good sign :(.

OK, I got an egg from Wi-Fi (thank you hinato). I'm using my already-started Pearl version, which has roughly 90 minutes on it.

Trainer Name: Corey
    Badges: 0
    Time: Technically I just started, but... 1:31

After I traded over the Riolu egg to Pearl (for the Gamestop Deoxys, of course), I had myself a little battle with... myself!

The Bronzor I'm going to use for breeding easily took down Shinx with two Confusions. Chimchar came out, one Ember and BURN! Two more embers and the Bronzor was down ><! I sent out my Charmander to finish off the fire chimp with a Dragon Rage >D! Easy win.

It may not be apart of my challenge, but what the heck :)! I just need to breed and trade the Bronzor egg to my Pearl and I can get started.

After thinking it over a bit, I've decided that I'm going to restart my Pearl to get a more accurate time on this challenge. Yes, I traded the Riolu egg back to my Diamond, so now that I have both eggs, I just need to get to Jubilife with my starter and 2 Bidoofs then I can start! (again...)

Diamond/Pearl Challenge- Take 2!

Trainer Name:
    Ryan
    Time: ?
    Version: Pokemon Pearl (DS)

I restarted my game (after about 10 minutes of figuring out how to delete the data >(!) and made my way to my rival (Kyle)'s house... and am doing the dialogue at the beginning etc. My challenge won't "officially" begin until I am able to trade over the eggs.

Traded over my eggs, and the Bronzor hatched :D!

Before I get into that, I started out with Piplup. Went to the Professor's lab, got the Poke Balls, etc. Dawn was nice enough to give me the tour, while Kyle sped off to Jubilife already (>(!).

I've been spending the past hour or so just walking around, avoiding grass, with no bike(!) trying to hatch these guys... but I think it will definitely pay off. Bronzor is easy to train. Bidoof and Starly can only tackle him so that does only one damage, plus he has Confusion already! Now if only Riolu can hatch already...

Team:
    Bronzor L: 3
    -Tackle
    -Confusion

Egg... only a few more steps to hatch.

Piplup- Surf (when I get it ^^)

Last edited:
    Years
  • pwned the challenge

I beat the challenge... *sigh* i hope i dont beat the 5th generation game as quick as i did this generation. I forgot to update on what i did so yeah, lol.

Torterra: lvl 80
    Earthquake
    Leafstorm
    Crunch
    Giga Impact

Garchomp: 83
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Shadow Claw

hm slaves are as follows
    cut/rocksmash/strength/rockclimb slave: blaziken
    fly slave: starly
    surf/waterfall: empoleon (from my diamond it was my starter)

Was I supposed to Capture palkia, giratina and heatran?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Oh, only for a short while, Silver. XD

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Version: Pearl
    Badges: 6
    Combo: Fire - Gen. II - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 48
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Flamethrower/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 47
    Moves: Faint Attack/Ember/Howl/Bite
    Riolu Egg
    HM Slaves:
    Bibarel: Cut/Rock Smash/Strength/Surf
    Noctowl: Fly/Defog

Hooray! I finally got rid of that annoying Happiny Egg... XD I did a bit of backtracking, and as I was about to go on the Cycling Road, to go all the way to Eterna, (literally, as I was about to enter the southern Cycling Road building) and it finally hatched...

Anyway, after going back to Jubilife, after I'd taken a small detour through Oreburgh City, I found myself surfing across towards Canalave city, where I took on Ralph, once again. He finally realises that I'm better than him, with his defeat, but.. uses a cover to say that he was seeing if I was good enough for the Leader at Canalave City, and still insists that he'll be the Champ. Bleh...

Anyway, I decided to go to Iron Island, before taking on the Gym; after all, it had only been less than an hour since I took on the last Gym, and felt a little bit of training would do me good.

Through all that, I met Riley, who once I'd helped clearing out the sadistic Galactic Grunts, gave me a Riolu Egg, as thanks. How kind.

Back at Canalave, I healed up, after getting Magnitude'd as I was leaving Iron Island, and set my sights on the Mine Badge. To say the least, it was slightly harder than the previous Gyms; however, only because of Bastiodon's normalising of Fire damage; and the fact that he can really take those attacks. Initially, it took me about 6-8 attacks to put him down because of Rest, his Chesto Berry, and I even dealt a Critical Hit, which looked like it could have been what a normal Super Effective hit could have been like, against it.

Nonetheless, I won, and got me a Flash Cannon TM. ^^

Play Time: 15:18 (as of defeat of Byron)

Oh; did anyone notice that I beat Fantina exactly 10 hours after defeating Roark? I didn't even notice, at the time, and only noticed when I was checking my posts for misinformation on my challenge. XD

Anyway, at current, I've been "summoned" by Rowan, so off I go to see what the old Professor wants... but wait... did Ralph just say he was tougher than me? Sheesh... when will this kid see sense...? XD

Play Time: As Above

Years
  • Well I'd like to join. I was wondering if I could just do it until I become Champion as I don't want to restart my Pearl due to having too many important poke's. I'll just keep it in charge mode and play it like that if it's ok. I'll see if I can catch the other legendaries after the E4 but I can't make promises. I'll keep updating every once in a while. So. Let me think about it. I need something that's obtainable without needing to save and trade. It's so hard. OMG. Everything needs trading.

Generation IV, Water type, Empoleon and Floatzel.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it's working out.

EDIT:I'll start anyways as I suppose I'll be accepted anyways. Now, to find my DS.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Name: Mitsuru
    Badges: 7
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Roserade and Leafeon

Got through Galactic headquarters while smashing Cyrus and Saturn in the face with Hailey and James hitting 62. Got through Mt. Coronet...Jupiter and Mars were...eh, we'll just say it's good I had decoys. WildMan's Munchlax made no help whatsoever. I should've just killed it off. Anyway, I smashed Cyrus in the face again, and am currently battling Palkia...and going to catch him in a PokeBall. O_O

Playtime: 32:??

Well I'd like to join. I was wondering if I could just do it until I become Champion as I don't want to restart my Pearl due to having too many important poke's. I'll just keep it in charge mode and play it like that if it's ok. I'll see if I can catch the other legendaries after the E4 but I can't make promises. I'll keep updating every once in a while. So. Let me think about it. I need something that's obtainable without needing to save and trade. It's so hard. OMG. Everything needs trading.

You have to be able to start a new game. I mean, if you don't want to start a new game, then don't. This is only for the fun of it, but you still have to go by the rules everyone else has, which is to catch the version mascot, Heatran, and Giratina in a PokeBall. So until you have this figured out, I can't add you to the list. Sorry.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is it too late to join? Because I bought Pearl a while back, but have never used it...
    EDIT: Also, if I can join, does Poliwag count as second gen. if I evolve it into Politoad?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Name: Mitsuru
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Roserade and Leafeon

Got through Galactic headquarters while smashing Cyrus and Saturn in the face with Hailey and James hitting 62. Got through Mt. Coronet...Jupiter and Mars were...eh, we'll just say it's good I had decoys. WildMan's Munchlax made no help whatsoever. I should've just killed it off. Anyway, I smashed Cyrus in the face again, and am currently battling Palkia...and going to catch him in a PokeBall. O_O

Playtime: 32:??

You have to be able to start a new game. I mean, if you don't want to start a new game, then don't. This is only for the fun of it, but you still have to go by the rules everyone else has, which is to catch the version mascot, Heatran, and Giratina in a PokeBall. So until you have this figured out, I can't add you to the list. Sorry.

W-what? Do you mean ANY Poke Ball or a... Poke Ball, Poke Ball?

I'll update when I actually... DO something :D! I've decided (after much inspiration from DeanoDance's video) to put up all of my major battles on youtube. I should be able to get my first (Roark) today, so look out for a link to that ;). Also, the battles I had in mind were, The 8 Gym Leaders, All of the Elite 4, Giratina, Heatran, and Palkia. If anyone could tell me other important battles (i.e.- last Rival Battle, Cyrus, etc.) much would be appreciated! If you tell me the battle, please tell me both where it is and what other battles it occurs between, since this is only my second time going through Generation IV and the first through Pearl. (And to be honest, it's a LOT better than I remembered :D!)

Years
  • I think I'll cancel. My friend needs to borrow my Pearl, I dont want to reset because o too many important poke's and i couldn't find my ds lite charger to keep the game turned on. sorry guys but if anyone wants to use gen IV water types, go ahead, be my guest.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm guessing that I can still join, so I'll choose this:

Name: Chi (Male)
    Combo: III Flying w/ Tropius & Swablu (Altaria)
    Team:
    Chimchar (Male) - Level 5 (soon to be boxed away)
    Moves: Scratch/Leer
    HM Slaves:
    None (as of now)

I'm going through all of the starting things, named myself Chi, and my rival Lewis. Watched TV about the Red Gyrados. I talked to my mother, and then went to Lewis' house. We went to the lake, and ran into Prof. Rowan and Dawn. Rowan dropped his bag, with the three Pokemon inside of it. Idiot Lewis took me into the grass, and giant Starly come and attack us. I chose Chimchar, then scratched the Starly to death. Dawn took the bag to the Prof. Idiot Lewis decided that going into the grass was a bad idea... We run back into Rowan and Dawn. We went back to our houses, and my mom gave me lovely running shoes. I run to Sangem Town, and ran into a couple thousand Starlys and Bidoofs. I ran from them all, and then Dawn wants me to follow her to the lab and talked to Rowan, and he gave me the Chimchar that I already stole... I get the PokeDex. Dawn is my mentor, and she teaches me everything that I already know. I go to the PokeCenter and save.

Play Time: 0:16

Tonight is my birthday, and I'm probably going to get a DS Lite, instead of my original, and I'll to evolve-trades to evolve my Pokemon for my National Dex on Diamond, then I will trade over eggs of both Hoothoot and Togepi.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • W-what? Do you mean ANY Poke Ball or a... Poke Ball, Poke Ball?

Yup, a PokéBall PokéBall. As in regular, red and white PokéBall.

The version mascot isn't that hard to catch because of his catch rate (although admittedly I did have some problems with Dialga's AncientPower, what with me using Fire-types and all. I tried to catch Giratina and I've only had one try, but he ran out of attacks and the maximum I got the PokéBall to shake was twice. I'll be having another go later.

Thanks for watching my video. 8D I stil haven't uploaded the video of me beating the Champion yet, and as I say, no luck with Giratina so far. Heatran is gonna be difficult for me, as he resists or is unaffected by all of the attacks my Pokémon know. =/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Name: Mitsuru
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay. I caugh Palkia. Though, I had to restart the game about four times. He got poisoned the first time, died the second, touched James and got poisoned, and died again, but then...I got him. I started with 121 Pokeballs and ended with 117. Yeah. That catchrate...whooo.

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 63 @Shell Bell
    Magical Leaf, Last Resort, Attract, Aerial Ace

James/ Roserade lv. 63 @Heat Rock
    Wether Ball, Sunny Day, Slugdebomb, Petal Dance

And happy birthday, Chi! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Yup, a PokéBall PokéBall. As in regular, red and white PokéBall.

The version mascot isn't that hard to catch because of his catch rate (although admittedly I did have some problems with Dialga's AncientPower, what with me using Fire-types and all. I tried to catch Giratina and I've only had one try, but he ran out of attacks and the maximum I got the PokéBall to shake was twice. I'll be having another go later.

Thanks for watching my video. 8D I stil haven't uploaded the video of me beating the Champion yet, and as I say, no luck with Giratina so far. Heatran is gonna be difficult for me, as he resists or is unaffected by all of the attacks my Pokémon know. =/

Great, that's going to be a tough one D:!

Trainer Name: Ryan
    Time: 5:49

As I continue through the game, I'm starting to see many things I didn't even know were there :D! Like the Ravaged Path that's North of Jubilife. I never knew/forgot that was there... that's a must-explore after Giritina is caught! :badsmile:

Besides that, the most I've done is trade over my Soothe Bell from Diamond and gave it to Riolu. I've been doing everything in my power to try to get it to evolve early >(! Potions, Walking, Leveling Up etc. I have a feeling that I'm getting close though :)! Let's just hope that he evolves before L: 19. I really need Bone Rush.

Heh, found the part of the game where a kid says noob :D!

Finally, after walking around all of fricken Oreburgh and Jubilife, Luke evolved (yay!!). Now I just need to train these two to level 20 :/.

Goals:
    Get Bronzor and Luke (Lucario!!!!11) to level 20 before Roark 19's close enough :)
    Face Roark
    Post Youtube video of first battle

Team:
    Bronzor L: 19
    Tackle
    Extrasensory
    Hypnosis
    Confuse Ray

Luke (Lucario) L: 19
    Quick Attack
    Force Palm
    Bone Rush
    Counter

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I have a question:
    Since I havn't actually started playing with the 2 Pokemon I chose, as I am still waiting, can I change mine to this:
    III - Flying - Tropius and Swablu (Altaria)
    ??

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have a question:
    Since I havn't actually started playing with the 2 Pokemon I chose, as I am still waiting, can I change mine to this:
    III - Flying - Tropius and Swablu (Altaria)
    ??

Well, there's no rule against is, and I'm feeling genorous today(and it's your birthday), then I'll go change your entry. But, I'm also adding a rule to make sure this doesn't happen again with any other entries.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Combo: Fire - Gen. II - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 52
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Flamethrower/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 52
    Moves: Faint Attack/Flamethrower/Howl/Bite
    Riolu Egg
    HM Slaves:
    Bibarel: Cut/Rock Smash/Strength/Surf
    Noctowl: Fly/Defog

Well, after I polished off Byron, I went and had a nice little one-sided chat with Rowan, until a tremor struck, and everyone went outside. Figuring it out to be a man-made tremor, and Rowan giving each of Koma, (myself) Lucas and Ralph the task of travelling to one of the three lakes, beforehand, Ralph darts off to Acuity, while Rowan tells me to go to Valor, while him and Lucas go to Verity, near Twinleaf Town.

Scooting off to Valor, I took out Saturn with a Doom, Typh, Doom combination and watched him skip away, with his hippy blue head. I went off to Verity, and caught Rowan and Lucas in a bind; after taking out the posted double-battle guards, I took out Mars, once again, and headed for Celestic Town, so that I could get to Snowpoint City.

Took out the people who sat along the routes to Lake Acuity, but as you all know, I had to trek to Snowpoint, because of the blockade of Galactic punks... so I took the time to challenge Candice. :D

Starting with Houndoom, I took out her starting Snover, then switched to Typhlosion, because I didn't want to chance Dark Vs. Fighting, with Medicham. After that, though, I switched back to Houndoom, and continued to take out her remaining team of Sneasel and Abomasnow. For that, I got my 7th Badge, and the Avalanche TM... as well as access to Lake Acuity.

Play Time: 17:10 (as of defeat of Candice)

Healing up, I went off to Acuity, to see Ralph in a state of disorder; having lost to none other than Jupiter, who I met in Eterna. (mistakingly calling her Saturn, in one of my updates)

After that, she toddled off, leaving Ralph stood at the lakeside. Finally realising his faults, he leaves slower than usual; to where, I've no idea. XD

Currently, I'm back in Veilstone, taking out Galactic Grunts within their main headquarters. Currently haven't gained access to the main part of the building, however...

Play Time: 17:18

I'm getting so close to Palkia, I'm getting excited! ^^
    Depending on my level, once I conclude the Galactic HQ, I might do some training, near the peak of Mount Coronet, before I head off to take on Palkia... I'm at a lower level than I'm wanting to be... misjudged how close it was... ^^;;

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Name: Chi (Male)
    Combo: III Flying w/ Tropius & Swablu (Altaria)
    Team:
    Tropius (Female) - Level 1
    Moves: Leer / Gust
    Swablu (Female) - Level 1
    Moves: Peck / Growl
    HM Slaves:
    Bidoof (Female) - Level 3
    Moves: Tackle
    Starly (Female) - Level
    Moves: Tackle / Growl

I bought 10 PokeBalls so that I would be able to catch some filler Pokemon to trade. Eventually I caught a few filler Pokemon and a soon to be HM slave so that I can trade to get my Tropius and Swablu. I traded and got a Tropius and Swablu. Then I went to my house to get the Journal, etc. Now I have to go to Jublife, but first I need to level up my Tropus and Swablu.

Play Time: 0:16

I'll update tomorrow with more info, as I'll be up all night playing on my new DS Lite.

Back