• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Could i have Normal type's Jigglypuff & Skitty please

I would love to join and since i can catch them with my friend ds and trade them over i would love to join this whole commotion with the chalenge please.

Invalid entry.

The Pokemon must have the same generation.

Also, am I allowed to cheat for the Items needed to evolve my pokemon?

Update: I most likely wont be able to finish this challenge because I'm going on a trip. BUt I'll go as far as I can.

That's fine fo r you, since you have no others means of getting them.

That's fine, too. But you know, it's not a race. But still, I understand. :P

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • [FONT=&quot]Name:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Koma [ Female ]
    Version: Pearl
    Badges: 1
    Combo: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Fire[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ge[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]II[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Houndour (Female) Level 13[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Moves: Leer/Ember/Howl/Smog[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Quilava (Male) Level 15[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Moves: Quick Attack/Leer/Ember/Smokescreen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Whew.. I've finally defeated Roark and acquired my first badge in this challenge. It wasn't easy, though; Houndour and Cyndaquil; of whom I managed to get to evolve, before the challenge, and who effectively won it for me, weren't really the best to be going through with, at such low levels.. XD;; Houndour was lucky enough to have been missed by inaccurate Rock Throws from Geodude, and after expending one Potion on his Geodude, I finally took it down. Though a Rock Throw put Houndour out of the running for Onix (where he wasted yet another Potion, thanks to my Quilava and its love for critical hits) and Cranidos, because of it being pretty low on HP.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Quilava took the brunt of a bit of Stealth Rock damage, which had been laid down by Geodude, but Smokescreen pretty much foiled most given attacks fired towards it. I thankfully didn't get flattened by Headbutt from Cranidos, but I ended the battle with 3HP on Quilava, and 8 on Houndour. XD I used a total ot 6 Potions, trying to stay alive.. XD I'm looking forward to Eterna, where I'll have the upper hand, thankfully.. ^^[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Play Time: 3:17 (as of defeat of Roark)
    [/FONT]

Years
  • Name: AloriaX (Female)
    Version: Diamond
    Generation: IV
    Type: Fighting
    Duo: Lucario and Toxicroak
    -------------------
    Easily battled my way to Jubilife and Oreburgh.
    Crushed Roark.
    Headed to Floarama.
    Battled the Grunt outside the windworks.
    Talked to little girl about saving her dad.
    Got the key to the windworks from the grunts at the honey guy.
    Went back to the Windworks and owned the grunts.
    Owned Commander Mars.
    On my way to Eterna City now =].
    -------------------
    Only problem is that sometimes my pokemon dont obey me because they're traded.
    -------------------
    Lucario Lv.18
    Toxicroak Lv.17
    -------------------
    Geodude
    -Rock Smash
    -------------------
    Playtime: 3:43

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Silver, I might join, but I has a question first.

When can you trade over eggs (at the earliest), and Do the Pokemon from the eggs obey you?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Update #5:

Name: Fire (Female)
    Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetales)

Fairly big update here. I travelled from Hearthome through Mt. Coronet and through the snow to reach Snowpoint City. Defeated the Gym and met my Rival at the lake. Went back to Veilstone and booted out the Galactic HQ, setting free the pixies. The peak of Mt. Coronet was reached, battled the Galactic Commanders and defeated them and Cyrus with relative ease. Faced off with Dialga, and after a long hard battle which I knew was coming due to Dialga's Ancientpower attack, I caught him in a PokéBall. Video of this battle will be uploaded soon. Headed east out of Pastoria and reached Sunyshore City. Met the leader in the lighthouse and defeated him easily in his Gym. Met Jasmine and got the HM from her, defeating the trainers en route to Victory Road, and catching a Tentacruel so I could scale the Waterfall. Currently about 1/4 of the way through Victory Road.

Team:

Charizard (Smarg), Male, Lv. 60
    - Heat Wave
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fly
    - Fire Fang

Ninetales (Keeara), Female, Lv. 56
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - Confuse Ray

Tentacruel (Mah Jelleh), Male, Lv. 41
    - Waterfall
    - Barrier
    - Wrap
    - Poison Jab

Bibarel (Simpleton), Male, Lv. 18
    - Surf
    - Strength
    - Rock Smash
    - Rock Climb

Badges: 8
    Play Time: 14:25

Silver, I might join, but I has a question first.

When can you trade over eggs (at the earliest), and Do the Pokemon from the eggs obey you?

Yes, when they hatch they do indeed obey you, as they have the OT of the trainer who hatched them, not who bred them. I can testify this as both of my Pokémon were hatched by me on this game and they obeyed me fully.

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Years
  • I can second the statement above; eggs, when hatched, obey who hatched them. If local trading, with the Union Room, you can trade over Eggs in Sandgem Town, when you get some more Pokemon.

Oh; and hi there, fellow Fire type Challenge user. XD

Anyway..:

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Badges: 1
    Combo: Fire - Gen. II - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Quilava (Male) - Level 22
    Moves: Quick Attack/Flame Wheel/Ember/Smokescreen
    Houndour (Female) - Level 21
    Moves: Leer/Ember/Howl/Bite

HM Slaves:
    Bidoof: Rock Smash

I slipped back to Jubilife, and picked up the additional Poketch App that had appeared, after beating the first Gym, as well as come across some not-so-nice Galactic Grunts, picking on Rowan and Lucas. With the difference in about 5-6 levels, at the time, it was an easy victory; especially seeing as they were weak Pokemon, anyway.. I sped off to Floaroma Town, and thought I'd take the time to heal up, and grab a few supplies, before heading for the Windworks, which, after taking the trip back and forth, proved rather handy, boosting my Quilava to Level 18 in the battle with Mars' Purugly. The Smokescreen tactic didn't work too well, since I neglected to remember it having Faint Attack.

After that, I went through Eterna Forest with Cheryl, coming out at the Eterna City area, and taking out the Fishermen that sat on the bridges with their Water Pokemon. Current status stands at just having entered Eterna City. Healed my Pokemon up good, and will likely take on the Eterna Gym, pretty soon.

Play Time: 5:46

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wow, Deano. You're a maniac at this. xD

Name: Mitsuru
    Badges: 5
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay, got through the foggy route to get to Celstic Town. Beat the 'spaceman' and then trained to about level 48 for Hailey and James. Fantina was a bit more difficult with that Psybeaming Mismagius. I figure with Mismagius' high special attack, and Hailey's low special defense, James could sweep it with his amazing dance moves. He got confused...bleh. But nonetheless Petal Danced our way to victory. Relic Badge get! Currently training with Riley on Iron Moutain. This'll be a good while, folks.

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 51 @Shell Bell
    Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Last Resort, Attract

James/ Roserade lv. 50 @Heat Rock
    Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Weather Ball

Bibarel: Surf, Cut, Strength
    Geodude: Rock Smash
    Murkrow: Fly, Defog

Playtime: Not sure, but probably somewhere around 23:00

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Update #6:

Name: Fire (Female)
    Challenge: Gen I, Fire Types (Charizard and Ninetales)

Eckh. Just defeated the Elite Four and become the champion, after a difficult fight against Cynthia. I guess I should have trained a little more, my guys were both underleveled when I got to her, and I had really low PP. I made a few mistakes during the battle, like using my last Energy Ball on Milotic instead of saving it for Gastrodon, who gave me alot of trouble, and not using my last Dragon Claw on Garchomp and using Fly as I thought it would kill it. Moves missed for both battlers at critical times, and ultimately it was my HM slaves being able to take a bruising while I healed that won me the battle. I'll be doing it again soon without the HM slaves in my party, to see how well I can do without them. Anyway, my Sinnoh dex is not complete, unfortunately, so I'll need to do that before I can complete the challenge.

Team:

Charizard (Smarg), Male, Lv. 63
    - Heat Wave
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fly
    - Fire Fang

Ninetales (Keeara), Female, Lv. 62
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - Confuse Ray

Tentacruel (Mah Jelleh), Male, Lv. 41
    - Waterfall
    - Barrier
    - Wrap
    - Poison Jab

Bibarel (Simpleton), Male, Lv. 18
    - Surf
    - Strength
    - Rock Smash
    - Rock Climb

Badges: 8
    Play Time: 16:06
    HOF Debut: 15:54

Glaceon_

Years
  • Quick question; I believe one of the rules is "Use only Pokeballs to catch Pokemon; even Legendaries." I'm not quite there yet, but are we allowed to use the Safari Zone during this Challenge? Safari Balls aren't exactly Pokeballs, but they're pretty much as effective as one; just with a different casing.

Anyway, Glaci has an update.. again.. XD

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Badges: 2
    Team:
    Quilava (Male) - Level 27
    Moves: Quick Attack/Flame Wheel/Ember/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 27
    Happiny Egg

HM Slaves:
    Bidoof: Cut/Rock Smash

Okay; the easy Gym for me came and went really quickly.. XD I swept the whole Gym with Houndour; including Roserade. It was quite fun. ^^ Only problem is, there isn't another easy Gym for a while, now.. and probably the hardest is on its way up.. XD;;

Play Time: 6:15 (as of defeat of Gardenia)

After the Gym, I healed up (to regain the PP I'd lost) and proceeded to hack my way into the Team Galactic building with Cut. There, I squared off against Saturn, is it? Not long since done it, and I've forgotten, already.. XD; Anyway, it was a pretty easy battle, given that I actually took on Skuntank with my Houndour, but the aftermath of that enabled me to get my bike, so that I could speed off to my next location; Hearthome City. My first steps onto the Cycling Road earned me Level 24, where my Houndour evolved, finally.. ^^

Along the way, I met an evil trainer with a Geodude, who slapped; but did not kill, Quilava with a Magnitude 9.. x.x;; ..but nonetheless, it wasn't so hard, passing through Mount Coronet, to Hearthome.

At Hearthome City, I went to the Contest hall, and like someone had done before me, I participated in two Contests, acquiring myself a Beauty Ribbon for my Quilava and a Cool Ribbon for my Houndoom. After that, I'd realized through all the commotion, I hadn't healed up my Pokemon, so I went and did that, before I; to my surprise, bumped into Ralph. Forgot about his appearance, here.. XD

Nonetheless, he proved less of a challenge to me, as he had, before, which considering he only had two Pokemon in the first battle, is quite a surprise. Only thing that got me was his Stun Spore from his Roselia.. >.<

After slaughtering Ralph's team, and instilling a little bit of doubt into his heart, I went and got my Happiny Egg, took a little walk onto the next route, towards Solaceon Town, and that's pretty much my current location; en route to Solaceon Town.

Play Time: 8:11

Years
  • lol

hey silversmeargleplatter,

i would like to join your challenge, lol.
    My friend just gave me his pearl game cuz he sold his DS, so yah i'm lucky.
    I am playing Pearl and i would like to have... umm... ground with generation 4.

Torterra and Garchomp.

lol easy pair to win with.

i checked and it wasnt there so yeah... let me have those.

i'll start as soon as you confirm me ready for the challenge.

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Years
  • Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Badges: 3
    Team:
    Quilava (Male) - Level 33
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Ember/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 33
    Happiny Egg

HM Slaves:
    Bidoof: Cut/Rock Smash

Three more levels, and Quilava will finally be a Typhlosion.. x.x;;

Anyways, from my little break, just outside Hearthome, I continued along towards Solaceon, picking up the HM, Strength, as I did so, from the tower, to Solaceon's south. Afterwards, I made a quick stop to heal up, then continued northbound, picking up some ever-handy Moo Moo Milk, from the Cafe. Then I headed east to what is probably the worst route I've ever been on, in a long while.. x.x;; I had to trek through rain, with Fighting and Water types being dominant in other trainers' teams. Though the Fighting types were what cause the most trouble.

Thankfully, I managed to get to Veilstone without too much trouble, but nonetheless, I needed to heal up. After doing so, I pretty much went straight to the Gym, taking out the trainers within, as well as the Gym Leader; Maylene.

Against her, I started with Houndoom, because I had a feeling she'd be using her Meditite first; the guess was well-founded. Then I switched to Quilava for the rest. Machoke was a pain, managing to get a Leer off on Quilava, before it died, the next turn, which enabled Lucario to surprise me with a strong Bone Rush; slaughtering my Full Health Quilava in just a couple of turns. A revive was tossed around, and thankfully, Quilava managed to kill Lucario with a couple Flame Wheels.

Play Time: 9:49 (as of defeat of Maylene)

Stepped out of the Gym to see the good ol' Lucas. Went to the Center to heal up, and helped him get his Pokedex back, and went on my way; picking up the Fly HM and then heading back to the Pokemon Center, for a bit of spiritual healing. Now, onto what I've really not been looking forward to.. Crasher Wake..

..and that's this update concluded.

Play Time: 10:00

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, Miles, technically you'll end up with Delcatty and Linoone. ;D But, I'll add you on the list.

And I'm still training in Iron Island. xD

Glaceon_

Years
    Badges: 4
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 37
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Lava Plume/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 37
    Happiny Egg (hatch, damn you! >o )

HM Slaves:
    Bibarel: Cut/Strength/Rock Smash
    Noctowl: Fly/Defog

Yep! I finally got my Quilava to evolve into Typhlosion, which means I finally have my final team! ^^ He evolved towards the last leg of my journey south; it was within the restaurant, full of double battles. The very last battle, he levelled up to Level 36.

Oh; and a little story about Lava Plume.. anyone remember that there's a Collector, just before you enter the Valor Lakefront area? He has three Roselia, and his second one, my Quilava levelled up to 35, giving me Lava Plume.. well, his last Roselia fell victim to that attack, and he made mention that I should boast more about it. XD

Anyways, I got into Pastoria, and went and got my HM from the Great Marsh. After leaving, I went and bought loads of Revives, for the up and coming Gym battle.. but you'll laugh when I tell you about it. XD Got through the normal battles all fine.. then I got to Crasher Wake.. he only managed to get off a few attacks. XD I sent out Houndoom, and that was pretty much the end. He used swagger with his Gyarados, where I countered with a full Heal; wasn't taking the risk. Then he used Bite. Of all moves to use on Houndoom.. XD Quagsire fell to a critical hit, and his Floatzel used Pursuit, recovered with the berry, got a Super Potion, flinched, and died. ^^

Suffice it to say, I laughed at myself. XD

Play Time: 11:27 (as of defeat of Crasher Wake)

After that ridiculous victory, I went and recovered the PP I'd consumed, and stalked that stupid Galactic guy. Before leaving Pastoria, I took out Ralph, who went into a state of denial, saying he was just careless, and then continued to chase after that Galactic Grunt.

Finally catching up to him, I took out his Glameow, and received the Secretpotion from Cynthia, enabling me to gain access to Celestic Town, and another Galactic grunt battle! ^^

Next stop: Celestic town, via Foot!

Play Time: 11:35

Last edited:
    Years

well now that i've started...
    here is my first update
    I caught my gibble after my 3rd badge so i went off to go get my next badge.
    I just captured my surf/future waterfall slave buizel.
    Then i needed a cut slave, so i took my blaziken from my diamond and i'm using it as a cut/rock smash, strength slave.

I swept my 4th gym leader with my gabite who i've considered ev training in attack and sp atk. My turtwig is still a turtwig becuz i am gonna get it to level 45 to learn leaf storm before i evolve it so i wont have to wait.
    Turtwig lvl 37: razor leaf, crunch, synthesis, mega drain
    Gabite lvl 37 : dragon claw, dig, slash, earthquake
    Blaziken hm slave: cut, rock smash, strength
    buizel hm slave: surf/future waterfall

well that is all for my current update. cya!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Name: Mitsuru
    Badges: 6
    Combo: IV Grass w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Beat Byron...easily. Sunny Day + Weather Ball = win. Bastiodon was failrly easy. Hailey's so appealing with her Attract, and Flash Cannon hardly did squat when he did attack. Took a few Magical Leaves, and with Shell Bell my HP's movin' on up, so that's the end of him. Team Galactic...I almost ran out of Aerial Aces. D: Thank goodness for Ethers! ;D But sadly, Murkrow and Geodude leveled up, so they were released. ;-; I'll miss Markie...-sniff- Andyway, I replaced her with Stepping the Starly and taugh Rock Smash to Lumpy the Bibarel. Got through a small portion of Mt. Coronet and I'm on my way to what will probably be my toughest fight, Snowpoint Gym.

Hailey/ Leafeon lv. 55 @Shell Bell
    Magical Leaf, Last Resort, Aerial Ace, Attract

James/ Roserade lv. 55 @Heat Rock
    Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Weather Ball

Bibarel: Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
    Starly: Fly, Defog
    Rilolu Egg

Playtime: 26:06

Glaceon_

Years
    Badges: 5
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 42
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Flamethrower/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 42
    Moves: Faint Attack/Ember/Howl/Bite
    Happiny Egg (still hasn't hatched.. ;-; )

HM Slaves:
    Bibarel: Cut/Rock Smash/Strength/Surf
    Noctowl: Fly/Defog
    Okay; after meeting Cynthia at Valor Lakefront, I decided to backtrack all the way through Veilstone City, and onto the route that leads to the chronic headache-suffering Psyduck. (anyone else notice that there was (I think) also a SecretPotion in G/S/C..? *cough* ) After Cynthia appeared (that lazy woman.. >.>; ) I took the Old Charm, and met her gran in Celestic Town. Defog came in handy, along the way. Didn't fancy fumbling about.. :3

Anyways, some Galactic punk got beaten down, when he said he was going to blow the town up, and he ran like a coward. (funnily enough, he never followed on his words) After picking up HM03 from Cynthia's granny, I left the little cave and met Cyrus, again. Or rather; he likes stalking 10 Year Old Pokemon Trainers. XD Anyway, I took out the trainers on the route to the west of Celestic Town, and from Celestic Town, I took the route all the way back through Veilstone, to Pastoria, to Hearthome, and STILL, this Happiny Egg refuses to hatch.. >.> ..though I suppose it is actually moving around, inside.. x.x;;

Anyway, I went to the Pokemon Center, after all that, and then wandered straight to the Gym. Wanted the experience, so I took on all the trainers in there. XD When I finally got to Fantina, she was almost as easy as Crasher Wake. XD Took out Drifblim with Houndoom, (Hyper Potion use) Gengar with Typhlosion, (as the latter) and back to Houndoom for Mismagius. Got me the Relic Badge and the TM for Shadow Claw. How nice. ^^

Next destination: through Eterna City, Eterna Forest and Jubilife City to head west to Canalave City! (trying to get this Happiny Egg to hatch, lol D: )

Play Time: 13:17 (as of defeat of Fantina)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This thread kinda fell off the face of the earth, didn't it?

Name: Mitsuru
    Badges: 7
    Combo: Grass IV w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay. Got up to Snowpoint City and trained Hailey and James to level 60, then took on what I thought was going to be the hardest gym. Well, well, well. Piece of cake. Sunny Day + Weather Ball took out Snover and Sneasel, Aerial Ace finished Medicham and Abamosnow. Wow. So hard. Now I'm in the Galactic Headquarters. So...getting close to Palkia. This'll be fun.

Back