• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • *pokes thread* Where'd everyone go...? D:

Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Version: Pearl
    Badges: 7
    Combo: Fire - Gen. II - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion) & Houndour (Houndoom)
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 57
    Moves: Swift/Flame Wheel/Flamethrower/Smokescreen
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 57
    Moves: Faint Attack/Flamethrower/Howl/Crunch
    HM Slaves:
    Bibarel: Rock Climb/Rock Smash/Strength/Surf
    Noctowl: Fly/Defog

Well, that was a lot of fun; I went around the Galactic HQ, taking out as many of them as I could, before I reached the boss; Cyrus. He proved to be... less of a challenge, and fell to Typhlosion. XD With that, I acquired my Master Ball, as well... hmm... more to send to Diamond, later. XD *currently has 3-4 on there*

After Cyrus, I went to free the three Legendaries of the Lakes, and en route to doing so, Saturn came back from being sore about losing, before; poor guy can't believe he got beaten by a girl who only used two Pokemon. ;)

After beating him again, I finally let the Lake's Legendaries free, and proceed to Mount Coronet. To do the final battle, with Team Galactic? No... well, not quite yet, anyway. At the moment, I'm training my team up, because they only reached Level 53-54, while I was going through the HQ, and I'm wanting them to at least be Level 60+, before I plan to take on Palkia. With a bit of luck, it won't be too hard I'll need to be careful, because Houndoom has defense, in comparison to Typhlosion.

Currently, I'm training against the Abomasnow and etc on Mount Coronet, seeing as I've taken out all of the Galactic Grunts, en route. It shouldn't take too long, until I'm done training, so I'll be able to test out my recording capabilities, with my laptop. XD

Play Time: 20:13

Edit:

Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 61
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 60
    HM Slaves:

Well, I finally defeated Cyrus and his goons, at Mount Coronet, as well as taken on and captured Palkia in a Pokeball. To see how that went, go here, or check it out in my profile. If you don't know where that is... good luck. XD

Play Time: 21:50 (as of capture of Palkia)

Currently, I'm planning on going and capturing the Legendary Pokemon of the Lakes; I'll see if I can record them, as well... but I doubt I will Mesprit, since that is going to be a real pain... XD;;

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't played in a while. A certain forum has been distracting me. xD

Name: Mitsuru
    Badges: 8
    Combo: Grass IV w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Trained Hailey and James to level 65 and then MURDERED Volkner's team. It was very amusing. So now I'm surfing to Victory Road. :D Oh, and I caught a Tentacruel and named her Big.

Hailey/ Leafeon lv. 66 @Shell Bell
    Magical Leaf, Attract, Last Resort, Aerial Ace

James/ Roserade lv. 65 @Heat Rock
    Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Petal Dance, Sludgebomb

Tentacruel: Waterfall
    Bibarel: Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
    Machoke: Rock Climb
    Starly: Fly, Defog

Glaceon_

Years
  • About time someone else posted! XDD

Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 61
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 60
    HM Slaves:

Legendaries:
    Palkia ----- Azelf
    Mesprit

Like I mentioned in my other post, I'll be taking a little break from advancing on my challenge, because I'm going to capture the three Pokemon of the Lakes. The first I chose to catch was the one that would cause more of a pain than the other two; Mesprit, and its lucky I decided to capture it first, as well. Although in all honesty, it wasn't that much of a problem to capture, to be honest.

At first, I dealt a bit of damage with Houndoom's Flamethrower, then had to switch to Swift. That combination of moves knocked it to 34 health, and after about 10 Pokeballs, it finally stayed in. Though I will say I was pretty surprised. XD

I think next on my list of to-capture Lake Pokemon will be Azelf, and finally, I'll move to Uxie. Sort of doing them in the order of you nearing the lakes, when you play the game. Hopefully, I'll be posting a video of my capture of Azelf and Uxie, should I manage to keep my own laptop to myself... >>;;

Play Time: 22:29 (as of capture of Mesprit)

Edit:

Well, I also captured Azelf. To see how the battle went, (it absorbed quite a few Hyper Potions, as well as Poke Balls) go here. You can also visit my User Profile, to watch it on a smaller scale.

Play Time: 22:57 (as of capture of Azelf)

Next will be Uxie, though I think I'll leave the updates until after I've beaten the final Gym Leader, now. But rest assured, I'll more than likely record that battle, as well. ;D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Name: Mitsuru
    Combo: Grass IV w/ Leafeon and Roserade

Okay, got up to Victory Road, ate everyone alive, ate my rival alive and murdered the Pokemon League. Then, since I hadn't seen the trio, I went to Mesprit and let him run around. I caught Uxie in a Pokeball...and killed Azelf. O_O So, I do the Stark Mountain crap...and catch a female Heatran. Then I go through the Turnback Cave...and get Giratina. And none of the above was really that hard. Hailey was at level 73 and James ran at 72.

Current status:

Hailey/Leafeon lv. 76 @Shell Bell
    Leaf Blade, Last Resort, Attract, Aerial Ace

James/ Roserade lv. 76 @Heat Rock
    Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Weather Ball, Sludgebomb

WizzuWizzu/Snover lv. 36
    Ingrain, Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, Something else...O_O

Blatant/ Piplup lv. 36
    Brine, Mist, ?, ?

Legendaries:
    Deosyss/Uxie
    Heterachia/Heatran(female)
    Cake/Palkia
    Geratinus/Giratina

DP Mono-Generation/Type/Duo Challenge complete!!

Am I the first? After I thought I'd be last? :D

Oh, and this is probably the best combo. Ever. Seriously, try it.

Glaceon_

Years
  • Name: Koma [ Female ]
    Team:
    Typhlosion (Male) - Level 63
    Houndoom (Female) - Level 62
    HM Slaves:
    Tentacruel: Waterfall

Legendaries:
    Palkia ----- Azelf
    Mesprit ----- Uxie

Bleh... please don't talk to me about Uxie... x.x;; I decided to try my luck with it, but after about 5 attempts at catching it, with all five failing for some reason or another, I decided that my 10th would be my final. It was kind of getting tedious and annoying, and after over a week not updating, I wanted out of the determination I piled upon myself... XD;;

Funnily enough, after a number of burns, Struggle deaths and accidental Faint Attacks, I finally caught the little guy. I'll be giving a link to the capture soon enough, so long as the upload to YouTube makes haste.

Play Time: 23:07 (as of capture of Uxie)

Well, with Uxie now finally behind me, I decided to move on up, and went to take on Sunyshore's Volkner... but first, I needed to travel along the route to get there! Oh, how fun... anyway, I managed to take out most of the trainers along the route, and entered Sunyshore City, meeting Flint, in the process.

While listening to his musings, or whatever, I found out that Volkner was in a slump. Hmm... time for a battle, I think. While true to the cause, I decided to see if my EVs were maxed with the Effort Ribbon. Luckily enough, it wasn't a wasted trip, and both Typhlosion and Houndoom got one.

With that done, I skipped off to the Gym, and went through the apparently newly renovated Sunyshore Gym. Taking on the trainers, both Typhlosion and Houndoom levelled up, adding to the ever-growing strength of them. Though with the final Gym defeated, I'm going to need to grab a few TMs for the battles ahead, or see if I have the ones I need.

Play Time: 24:10 (as of defeat of Volkner)

My next stop in the challenge? The Elite Four! I'll be trying to upload the little battles I have with these crazy people, who barely stick to their types; with a bit of luck, I'll have all five battles uploaded, and of course, I'll get the victory screen up on there, as well, showing my team.

Meanwhile... someone else post... this is too nice a challenge to die... XD

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Name: Chi (Male)
    Badges: 1
    Combo: III Flying w/ Tropius & Swablu (Altaria)
    Team:
    Tropius (Female) - Level 15
    Moves: Leer / Gust / Growth / Razor Leaf
    Swablu (Female) - Level 12
    Moves: Peck / Growl / Astonish / Sing
    HM Slaves:
    Bidoof (Female) - Level 3
    Moves: Tackle / Rock Smash
    Starly (Female) - Level 2
    Moves: Tackle / Growl

I managed to level up my two Pokemon, Tropius a little higher than Swablu, because Swabb wouldn't make it in a Rock-type gym. I tried to battle Roark a few times and failed miserably, because my Pokes 'pretended not to listen' or were 'loafing around' or 'ignored orders'... Eventually I was able to OHKO Geodude, 2HKO Onyx, and OHKO Cranidos. I went back to Jubilife and massacared a grunts Wurmple, while Dawn's Turtwig handled the Zubat.

Play Time (As of deafeat of Rocket Grunt): 5:25

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
    Years
  • Today is the day I register for this challenge..

Name:
    Clarke
    Combo: Water/Flying - Mantine| Water/Ground - Quagsire
    Team:
    Play Time: 29:16
    Mantine (Male) - Level 35
    Moves: Wing Attack/ Supersonic/ Bubblebeam/ Take Down
    Quagsire (Female) - Level 30
    Moves: Surf/ Waterfall/ Mud Bomb/ Amnesia

Decided to head to Eterna to level up my duo so they could face the Elite Four. Walked along a bridge deciding to battle a bunch of fishermen.

Fisherman Zachary was going to my first and last challenge on this bridge because the pokemon were to weak to level from.

So after battling Zachary I decided to take my Pokemon to Victory Road and hopefully get some experience there.

Found a Tentacruel along the way and decided to battle it. The Tentacruel was a level 38 Female and wouldn't go down without a fight. So instead of worrying about Experience I decided to catch Tentacruel.

Hopefully it would prove easy and I would have another Water pokemon for my team. With my 3rd Ultraball Tentacruel was caught! So with my newly aquired Teammate my next challenge would be to head along the route to Victory Road and get to the challenge of the Elite Four!

Name: Tentacruel
    Level: 38
    Moves: Wrap/ Barrier/ Water Pulse/ Poison Jab

With Tentacruel on for the ride,hopfully the Elite Four is one step closer!

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • water blastiose and gyarados
    t'will trade an egg
    this challenge will be sweet.

Last edited:

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • beat the first and second gym then took a break.
    got a lv 25 wartortle and 23 gyarados

Years
  • Yay, finally, I can enter yet again. Ok, my friend let me borrow his M3 which has Pearl on it so I started it again. I was wondering I could use the following:
    Generation: II
    Type: Bug
    Pokemon: Scizor & Heracross

I believe that the bug types aren't taken yet for the 2nd Generation. I'll start now I suppose, If I can. Hoping to do this ASAP. Will keep you updated every weekend or every time I get the chance.

Years
  • Mods can merge this with the post above if they wish. Anyways:
    Apparently Pearl already had a save game on it with only 80 minutes so I continued this. It had a Level 100 Infernape so I was like hooray. Anyways, traded over the eggs and hatched them within 700 steps. Scyther had Steel Wing and Hercross had Stone Edge as Egg Moves. I basically ran through Jubilife towards Oreburgh City where I was too good for the Gym Leader Roark. I made my way to Eterna, training in the forest for a little while. I defeated the 2nd Gym with ease and got my second badge. I caught a Geodude and Bidoof on the way to Hearthome City. I reached Hearthome City where I kindly (and unwantingly) helped Keira. I made my way to the Contest Hall as she had requested me to do. Met mum in the Hall and she gave me a Tuxedo. I also received something for my Fashion Case. I am currently in Solaceon Town, heading towards Veilstone City and the 3rd Gym. This is what my line up looks like:
    Heracross Lv32
    Brick Break
    Horn Attack
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

Scyther Lv32
    Wing Attack
    Slash
    Steel Wing
    Night Slash

Infernape Lv100
    Cut
    Stone Edge
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat

Buizel Lv10
    Surf:don't have yet
    Waterfall:don't have yet
    ?
    ?

Geodude Lv9
    Rock Polish:There was a TM of this in the TM slot
    Rock Smash
    Strength:don't have yet
    Rock Climb:don't have yet

The 6th slot will be occupied by a Staravia once I can actually be bothered going and getting one. I may just trade over a Starly though. This is so that I can teach it Fly/Defog and have all 8 HM's in my party.

Back