• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2010 - Discussion

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Not they did not have anything pokemon at there conference I believe. I'm not surprised though as we already have had our information for the month xD. I was also hoping they would show off Pikmin 3 and some gameplay trailers of Metroid: Other M but they already blew my expectations so I'm happy :D.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I intend to watch Nintendo's conference again because my laptop was so crappy at buffering the damn thing that I missed pretty much everything Reggie said, and most of the 3DS demonstration apart from the Kid Icarus trailer (<3). I'm only annoyed that e3.nintendo.com won't work for me at all, so I can't get at any of the behind the scenes stuff. D:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Major highlights for me so far:

New Paper Mario Game
    Star Wars: the Old Republic

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • What do you mean? Are you talking about the design for Link in Skyward Sword? If you are, its actually more akin to a Cel Shaded version of Twilight Princess Link.

The only difference between TP's Link and OoT's Link is that TP's Link's tunic is darker so I'm probably just nitpicking. o3o

Let's just assume this is a new Link with little to no prior connections to old Links. o3o

But the graphics are super, cel-shaded ftw. n3n

Oh, and what did Nomura do? Tease with the 3DS Kingdom Hearts screens?

I meant Nomura teasing his fan-base on a remake of FF7.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Y'know what annoys me? Even after Nintendo won E3, life and everything, all I hear people saying is "omg can't wait for COD with Natal Kinect"

Nintendo could make a console which projects flesh-and-blood characters into your living room, and people will still say that Sony and Microsoft are cooler. It's apparently the in-thing to hate on Nintendo right now, even though the Kinect is basically a Wii-clone.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • The only difference between TP's Link and OoT's Link is that TP's Link's tunic is darker so I'm probably just nitpicking. o3o
    Actually, there are a few differences. TP Link's hair style has it parted more to one side, rather then in the center, he has chainmail under his tunic, there's an extra strap on the belt he holds his sword on, as well as the intricate detailing on both his gauntlets and boots.

However, now I'm being nitpicky

I meant Nomura teasing his fan-base on a remake of FF7.
    That wasn't primarily Nomura, he isn't in charge of (most of) Final Fantasy, he's only in charge of Kingdom Hearts, the Advent Children movie, and FFVersusXIII.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Nintendo could make a console which projects flesh-and-blood characters into your living room, and people will still say that Sony and Microsoft are cooler. It's apparently the in-thing to hate on Nintendo right now, even though the Kinect is basically a Wii-clone.

Just like its the inthing to hate on Sonic because he had some bad 3D experiences =_=. And yeah the Kinect is a clone...only you have no controls. Yay Microsoft that's really exciting. O can't wait to get my hads on a copy of Wii Sports, Just Dance, Nintendogs and cats, and Wii Sports Resort...oh wait I'm meant Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures.

People just can't accept Nintendo is dominating the video game industry with quote games with no innovation, casual gaming, and kiddy and ungory non fps games unquote. I see Microsoft and Sony are trying to reel in. The casual crowd now because it worked for the Wii.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    People just can't accept Nintendo is dominating the video game industry with quote games with no innovation, casual gaming, and kiddy and ungory non fps games unquote. I see Microsoft and Sony are trying to reel in. The casual crowd now because it worked for the Wii.

While there's no doubt that's what they're doing, Microsoft and Sony are still whole different animals.
    In the mean time, Nintendo has games I want to play that I don't have to pay 350+ for.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Natal(not Kinect, that name is terrible) is not a Wii clone at all though :/
    It's supposed to be a controller free peripheral so even new players will be able to get into it without having to know the controls.
    If anything, the Playstation Move is a Wii Clone. Oh yeah, if you ignore the fact that it's significantly cheaper and most likely won't suck as much.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I agree with Luck. The Playstation Move is remarkable like a Wii clone (when I was looking at the replies to an article I found, and it said they were all copying the Wii, I looked at the XBox 360 Kinect and Playstation Move more closely. Playstation is a clone, but the XBox one isn't a clone, more... Well, not an advance, really, but it is no Wii).

Did anyone pay attention to the F.3.A.R. Trailer? I did, and it looked great (though... Not really like the original F.E.A.R.)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ...It's probably just me, but this thread kind of has a taste of console wars in it.
    Stop comparing the new stuff so closely, folks.
    It's different tech owned by different companies known for different things.

Years
  • Y'know what annoys me? Even after Nintendo won E3, life and everything, all I hear people saying is "omg can't wait for COD with Natal Kinect"

Dont see how nintendo 'won' personally.

Xbox will have a new technology quite a way ahead of what we have seen for any console and Nintendo announce a new '3D' DS. Since everything is 3D, I don't care about it being 3D just another DS really and there are going to be more good games on the xbox. If I buy a 3DS (which I probably will for this reason) it'll be to get the next pokemon game and thats it.

Years
  • Regardless of who you think won, it is all down to personal opinion, what games you like and normally what consoles you own.

The reason I think Sony topped it, was because a lot of their games I can't wait for and they have brought back a childhood game of mine. TWISTED METALLLLLL!

Years
  • Regardless of who you think won, it is all down to personal opinion, what games you like and normally what consoles you own.

The reason I think Sony topped it, was because a lot of their games I can't wait for and they have brought back a childhood game of mine. TWISTED METALLLLLL!

I normally own any of them I suppose.

I had a playstation first then got a playstation 2 but got a wii then thought that was awful so got an xbox.

So I'm glad for any side if they come up with something good. It'll be an interesting console war now with all of them opting for motion control.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I agree with Luck. The Playstation Move is remarkable like a Wii clone (when I was looking at the replies to an article I found, and it said they were all copying the Wii, I looked at the XBox 360 Kinect and Playstation Move more closely. Playstation is a clone, but the XBox one isn't a clone, more... Well, not an advance, really, but it is no Wii).

Did anyone pay attention to the F.3.A.R. Trailer? I did, and it looked great (though... Not really like the original F.E.A.R.)

Yeah, Move is a Wii clone. But its also doing the WiiRemote with considerably more accurate, versatile technology and potential for usage in good games. The Kinect has a interesting concept, but becomes much more just annoying when you realize that its potential to be used in anything beyond a minigame game is little to none. No buttons, nothing your actually holding (who wants to play an FPS with their hand as a gun), all lead to those issues.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Actuallly Kinect is a lot more like Sony's eyetoy/Playstation eye. I'm not going to get into a huge argument because Nintendo fans here outweigh people who see sense and are always arrogant but let me say this. Growing up I was a huge Nintendo fan but eventually I had enough of "prinez pech hav bein stolen again lols" and "ganondurf is aftr mor triforc/zelda" and "kirby suck stuff in get new hair olol" But been a fanboy I decided to give Wii a try. I don't think I've ever, ever regretted buying something so much in my life. Honestly if Miyamoto done a huge steamer on a dirty plate I garuntee half of this forum would defend it as a good game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Actuallly Kinect is a lot more like Sony's eyetoy/Playstation eye. I'm not going to get into a huge argument because Nintendo fans here outweigh people who see sense and are always arrogant but let me say this. Growing up I was a huge Nintendo fan but eventually I had enough of "prinez pech hav bein stolen again lols" and "ganondurf is aftr mor triforc/zelda" and "kirby suck stuff in get new hair olol" But been a fanboy I decided to give Wii a try. I don't think I've ever, ever regretted buying something so much in my life. Honestly if Miyamoto done a huge steamer on a dirty plate I garuntee half of this forum would defend it as a good game.

This actually. I only played my Wii about 3 times, and I only had two games for it since every other game at the time was garbage. The two games were Twilight Princess, which has no replay value, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which didn't even work because my Wii was unfortunate enough to be one of the few that couldn't even play it. A few months later I sold it and got a 360, and although I don't play it nearly as much as my PS3, I don't regret a thing.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

So it's not so much that you're a Sony fanboy, it's more that you're a Wii hater. Hate all you want, but look at where you're venting it.

"I don't want to start an argument but Nintendo fans are arrogant and can't see reason. Also the games are repetitive."
    Come on, Foxy. At least Luck isn't bordering on ad hominem. We're not even in OC!

Back