• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Eeveelution Additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Flying isn't Neutral to Ghost... The subtypes make it neutral...

Zubat/Golbat/Crobat - Poison/Flying. Poison is neutral to Ghost. The Batfamily takes normal damage from Ghost Attacks. Therefore, Flying is neutral to ghost.

Gyarados - Water/Flying. Water is neutral to ghost. Gyarados takes normal damage from Ghost Attacks. Therefore, Flying is neutral to ghost.

Charizard - Fire/Flying. Fire is neutral to ghost. Charizard takes normal damage from Ghost Attacks. Therefore, Flying is neutral to ghost.

Need any more counterexamples?

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I wouldn't really care for new evolutions either way. I have Glaceon, and thats enough for me.

...Though it would be interesting to see what they would do for a Bug or fighting evolution, or maybe even dragon.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    No we won't ever have a pure Flying type because Ghost would do x??? damage to a pure flier... It would be Normal/Flying if we ever had one...

why do people keep saying this? ghost is neutral to flying (i think). just go test it yourself, put the sky plate on arceus, make a ghost move hit it somehow. and then theres kecleon that can be pure flying when flying moves hit it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    ghost is neutral to flying (i think).
    Yeah, you're right. I guess because most of the Flying-types people run into are also half Normal-type. When a pure Flying-type is hit, the attack does 1x the damage.

Heck, go hit Charizard with a Ghost attack. It'll work.

So we can have a pure Flying-type Eeveelution, since Calder's reasoning behind why not isn't correct. A pure Normal-type Eeveelution would be the one with 0x effectiveness rate to Ghost attacks.

And I realize that I just repeated what others have said, so in the hopes of adding something different...

A pure Flying-type is something that players have been wanting to see since the First Generation. The Eeveelution would be a great way to have it, which I wouldn't mind seeing.

Speaking of Ghosts, I'd love the addition of a Ghost-type one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Ground: Solumeon (solum)
    Steel: Ferreon (ferrum) , Silveon (silver) , Alumeon (aluminium)
    Ghost: Phasmeon (phasma) , Specteon (specter) , Phanteon (phantom)
    Poison: Aceteon (acetic acid) ,Toxeon (toxin)
    Rock: Marbleon (marble) , Litheon (lithosphere)

Zet

Years
    I think there is already enough Eevee evolutions. Honestly the first set was great, sure gen II's two evolutions were also good, but adding another two was just kinda pointless in some ways. So seeing bug, flying, dragon, ghost and fighting type evolutions is just overkill when you think about it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think there is already enough Eevee evolutions. Honestly the first set was great, sure gen II's two evolutions were also good, but adding another two was just kinda pointless in some ways. So seeing bug, flying, dragon, ghost and fighting type evolutions is just overkill when you think about it.
    Well we have to remember that each eeveelution is based on a enviorment... Vaporeon=allowing it to live in water, Jolteon= Grasslands? Flareon= Volcanos/hot places... Espeon = the day, Umbreon= night adapted, Leafeon= forest plus photosynthesis type of life, Glaceon= the most obvious, it's adapted to Ice covered places. so of the remaining types I only see bug as helpful...allowing it to live in forests and other places bugs roam...which is practically everywhere when you think about it...Maybe dragons for cliffs and dangerous places...

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014

Well we have to remember that each eeveelution is based on a enviorment... Vaporeon=allowing it to live in water, Jolteon= Grasslands? Flareon= Volcanos/hot places... Espeon = the day, Umbreon= night adapted, Leafeon= forest plus photosynthesis type of life, Glaceon= the most obvious, it's adapted to Ice covered places. so of the remaining types I only see bug as helpful...allowing it to live in forests and other places bugs roam...which is practically everywhere when you think about it...Maybe dragons for cliffs and dangerous places...

Maybe ground - deserts , rock/steel - caves , poison - tropical places

Last edited:

Zet

Years

It's like you didn't read my post at all. I clearly stated that more Eevee evolutions are pointless.

Years
    It's like you didn't read my post at all. I clearly stated that more Eevee evolutions are pointless.
    I did...I was just showing you that there are still some bios that need to be taken care of just as dessert by rock or ground and Forest by bug...So they aren't pointless was my point :P

Zet

Years
    But my post clearly stated that there is already enough evolutions. Would you be willing to actually get an evolution for every element type?

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    But my post clearly stated that there is already enough evolutions. Would you be willing to actually get an evolution for every element type?

I totally agree with this: I always raised a team with all the evolution in it, but since D/P/PT I had to renonce to glaceon...so I think that have a eevolution for every type is exagerated.

Years
    Well Eevee is known for having odd DNA so seeing every single type...except for ghost...is possible...different reason's for it to adapt I guess. I want Dragon at least so we can get all former Special types Done with!

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    some types do make sense though. there is a large desert in isshu so a ground type makes sense and a lot of people suggest steal because isshu looks technologically advanced.

Zet

Years
    But how would you get a flying type evolution? By adding some bizarre story plot that's a one time chance only or some weird item that forces it to evolve?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back