• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Election Day

Have you voted today?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I'm not old enough

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • I'm not registered

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • Both of my parents voted for McCain today. I r a baby so i liek coodent.

I had a mock election at school and the results from the school newspaper today were kinda appalling. For every grade level, Obama won the majority. Even the teachers voted and Obama dominated the polls. What bothers me is that I know way more Republican party students than Democrat party students.. No, it's not because I hang around people of my party. A person's character and ideas come before political affiliation the same way it comes before gender, race, orientation, etc. Eh, I know plenty of people, but I was still amazed. What the paper didn't bold print is that in reality, Obama had 55% to 65% of the votes..

Ugh, it's so close, it's almost driving me nuts. I think both sides are getting crazy and sneaky. I'm glad it's ending soon since it's been thrown over my head again and again at school and on the news and even here.. :[ Before this election, I never even cared for politics. At first, I thought, "America is doomed no matter who wins" but I'll try to remain positive and support whoever wins tonight.

I'm also annoyed by some people who primarily vote based on a candidate's race, gender, etc.. Look at their policies, ay caramba.

Edit: Angela, a lot of us will be here, so I'm sure someone will post the results.. I'll be watching it.

Counterfeit

Rely on me to let you down.
    Years
  • I am really glad to see that everyone (even those from other countries) are taking an interest in the election.

This is the first election I've followed, and I expect that goes the same for quite a few people as this is quite a historical event.

Can someone post first results as soon as they come? since I won't be online for to long and don't know how to get to the results:D

Do you have a TV? 0.o

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Obama will win, no doubt.
    He'll get the electoral votes by a landslide. I think the popular vote won't be too far off, though.
    Yay Obama! :>

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • This is the first election I've followed, and I expect that goes the same for quite a few people as this is quite a historical event.

Do you have a TV? 0.o
    I live in Iceland, there is no election watch on TV:D, If I wanted results I would have to hear them on the news tomorrow,

And I'm about to go to sleep in couple of hours, so I won't be following this thing trough:D, So I would love it if someone would post some election results, like results from each state, and things like that.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It's quite interesting really, but in Britiain at least, the newspapers and news programmes definiatly show and talk about Obama much more than McCain (who I didn't know the name of until about a month ago). But perhaps it's just the newspapers I'm reading.

Slightly random: Obama's slogan "yes we can" was poked fun of in Britiain because he this slogon is used by a children's TV programme called Bob the Builder XD "Can we fix it?" Yes we can!"

Anyway, it'll be really interesting to see who wins. I actually can't wait to know!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • It's quite interesting really, but in Britiain at least, the newspapers and news programmes definiatly show and talk about Obama much more than McCain (who I didn't know the name of until about a month ago). But perhaps it's just the newspapers I'm reading.

Slightly random: Obama's slogan "yes we can" was poked fun of in Britiain because he this slogon is used by a children's TV programme called Bob the Builder XD "Can we fix it?" Yes we can!"

Anyway, it'll be really interesting to see who wins. I actually can't wait to know!
    I would say that "can we fix it" is the slogan of Bob the builder, not "yes we can", I know I think Obama is more popular in Europe.

halowizard

I will END you
    Years
  • Well, I wasn't saying everyone is racist. I think people should vote for whoever they think should be president. Some people though have EVEN told me, "I'm not voting for Obama. He is an African American. Go McCain!". I tell them they're racist and I walk away, lol.

I was just listing one reason why I am voting for him.
    Oh, I also have a fourth reason.

4. I CANNOT STAND THAT PLAIN!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Well, I wasn't saying everyone is racist. I think people should vote for whoever they think should be president. Some people though have EVEN told me, "I'm not voting for Obama. He is an African American. Go McCain!". I tell them they're racist and I walk away, lol.

We all know that your not trying to be a racist:D, so people please don't play the race card in here;)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well the first exit poll is about to be revealed soon. I cant wait. Im acually for obama as i really cant think of what could happen with a republican president. I mean after bush of course.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Well the first exit poll is about to be revealed soon. I cant wait. Im acually for obama as i really cant think of what could happen with a republican president. I mean after bush of course.

When the first exit poll comes, can someone post it on here?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Any one know the exact minute:D, were on a election wake right here on pc:D don't let it die even tho I go to sleep lol:D

Hawkfish

I'm a fishy
    Years

It sounded wrong. I'm sorry I took it wrong.

And btw Kerry was suppose to win by a landslide back in the last election but, it never happened. So don't go crying or celebrating until it's over. Things can change on a dime. This isn't biased. I just don't want people getting all worked up over something like polls and what the tv says.

Can't wait to see who wins.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Uh acually in my time zone 10pm is around 8am so i won be on...

Lol, Okay so it won't be you:D, anyone will do:D

It sounded wrong. I'm sorry I took it wrong.

And btw Kerry was suppose to win by a landslide back in the last election but, it never happened. So don't go crying or celebrating until it's over. Things can change on a dime. This isn't biased. I just don't want people getting all worked up over something like polls and what the tv says.

Can't wait to see who wins.

I think it's over, unless Obama does something scandalous in the next few hours.

Guest123_x1

I cast my vote early this morning (shortly after 7AM when the polls opened). There was already a long line of voters. I heard the turnout could be 85% of all registered voters!

Here's how I voted on my ballot (to the best I can remember, not all entries listed):
    Spoiler:

I expect Obama to win in a landslide-maybe by 75% or more in Michigan-especially if Republican voters stay home (knowing that McCain will be wiped badly)*.

*In the Michigan Gubernatorial election of 1990, many Democratic voters stayed home on election day, expecting that then-incumbent Governor James Blanchard would win easily. However, this backfired on them, and Republican challenger John Engler was elected.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Thats so stupid... They should have all states have an equal amount of points or something, not because of the size of the states.

Back