• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Uh, so "giant black hole" is not correct? ^^; And besides (I think you were trying to rebuke my statement), that black hole, regardless of it's size, was originally a star.

Mario The World Champion, please don't swear, regardless of the censor's being in place.

Sorry, I misread your statement. I thought you said there wasn't a black hole at all at the center of our Universe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    ok, for all u who think that this is bogus cuz one civilization thought this is wrong. nostradomus had a prediction very similar to this, google the nostradomus code. it has some interesting stuff

The supposed Mayan predictions and Nostradamus' are completely different, and more importantly from contradicting religions - therefore they can't both be true.

Modern people have derived Mayan predictions - which is based on their rudimentary knowledge of astrology coupled with fear of their ancient Gods. There is no evidence to show that the Mayans predicted various events happening.
    Nostradamus' prophecies are massively flawed and are based upon the various dates between generations from the Old Testament (which honestly, is hardly an accurate text). His work has been constantly misinterpreted, badly translated and forged. He did make well over a 500 predictions, each as unreliable as the next.

People who claim that these (or similar ancient) prophecies predicted events such as 9/11, Katrina, WW2 and so on, have only ever done so in hindsight after the catastrophe has occured. There has never been any reliable evidence to show an accurate prophecy come true, after it was predicted.
    Prophecies are so vague and so many, that if anything was to happen today/tommorrow/ next week then soon after someone will say 'Oh Nostradamus predicted something like this..' As expected, there have been thousands of failed prophecies- however these are simply forgotten about and ignored by a foolish believer.

If world devastation was imminent based on these 'prophecies', why does no rational person (not even those with influential powers & scientists) take them seriously?
    Obvious really - because theyre a load of rubbish. ¬_¬

Last edited:

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
  • whow we got many scientist in here.... i dont believe it.... the earth is to young to die.... and our generation is to young to disappear.. we hvnt still use the hollogram, the time distorsion, the xd school theres many things to come before it ends..... XD...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • whow we got many scientist in here.... i dont believe it.... the earth is to young to die.... and our generation is to young to disappear.. we hvnt still use the hollogram, the time distorsion, the xd school theres many things to come before it ends..... XD...

The Earth's 4.5 billion years old O.o. If you ask me, it's pretty old. But I do agree that humans have been here for a very short time, but look at all we've accomplished, most of which in the past century. Because of our intellegence, there's not much out there that can kill us, unlike past inhabitants of Earth (like the Dinosaurs).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • That's very short sided. Especially the part on the animals, as that's not even a real serious cause for deaths.

The fact that we can make nuclear bombs is a testament on our intellegence, & it really pains me to say that. But humans, animals, even plants, fight. We are all technically animals, it's our instinct to fight. Unfortunately, we are beyond the normal woodland critter, so our wars has lasting effect. Buuut...

Basically, we're all too afraid to launch a nuclear war. By the time everyone is "ballsy" enough to randomly strike, I'll be long dead, luckily. We'll all be.

We can't get hung up bout the end of the world. It's all hoo-haa for now. As said, we'll be longg gone before we get eaten by a black hole, the sun implodes, we drift off course, we go into an ice age due to global warming (or nuclear winter), etc.

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • I heard another story, it would also take place in 2012. I love this kinda stuff.
    Somewhere in 1950 or so America was experimenting with nuclear missiles. One was shot to somwhere (I forgot where :P) And another was shot to Mars.
    Now, Mars is basicly one big Helium covered planet. This was proven when one of the probes that was sent there, exploded for some reason. This left an immense crater and
    created a huge explosion. But the probe was at the most 1 square meter. In other words, the small explosion of the Probe caused the Helium to explode, and thus the explosion became immense amounts stronger.
    (I can't remember why Mars was covered in Helium, it had something to do with some layer, and temperatures :P)
    So, if such a small probe allready causes such an immense explosion, say hello to mister nuclear bomb!
    The theory is that when the nuclear bomb lands, Mars will explode as an immensely sized helium bomb, and blow up our galaxy.
    Heh.
    Only something I read and heard though. Could be complete and utter bullcrap.

I have to agree by the way. Humans are intelligent. But we indeed do not use it. Most humans are arrogant and selfish. And if an exploding Mars or whatever wont kill us,
    we will probably end our own existence before long.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I don't think anything will happen on that date. In nature it's just another day, there isn't any calender in nature, so why should that day be any different then the others? And besides, in some religions/cultures we're already in the year 4000 something, so that date would be loooong ago to them. It'll most likely end up being like Y2K I think.. >=\

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    So in conclusion, the sun will just alling with the galactic disc, continuing another 26 millenium orbit by Mayan legend, but, if you like legends like me, we are all lucky to be alive, otherwise, it's just another ordinary when you get annoyed by your bully/co-worker/partner.

Happy 1212 everyone, it's a fresh galactic dawn. yeah pretty much an ordinary day

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • I have to agree by the way. Humans are intelligent. But we indeed do not use it. Most humans are arrogant and selfish. And if an exploding Mars or whatever wont kill us,
    we will probably end our own existence before long.

That is the most likely of all situations. After all, who knows how long until someone works up the nerve to start nuclear warfare? And whenever that does happen, the world media will be all over it. And when the media gets involved, bias situations start to break out. Before long, it'll be WWIII. And if the human race dies out from that, we all saw it coming.

Or, I could just say, by the time the world actually does end, probably humans will be extinct.

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
    Years
  • Isn't 2012 when Skynet goes online? *is shot*

The sun won't make a black hole, dammit! The sun's a G2, and has to be 1,000 times bigger to make a black hole. However, we will be burnt to a crisp when the sun depletes it's Helium and turns into a red giant. But by then we'll hopefully be living elsewhere. If we aren't, that'd be sad...

As for 12/12/12, it will be a few weeks before either the incumbent or the new president is sworn in, so maybe something happens their?

But feasible doomsday scenarios are really limited to nuclear war followed by winter (though some would survive and carry on), global warming / energy crisis (which we can get by easily if we don't care about money), or aliens destroying us. And since no aliens have been discovered coming near us, either or grasp on physics is poor or there aren't any nearby. Thus, we're sitting fine.

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
  • c'mon how many times have people predicted the end of the world?? This aint gonna be different.. :P

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I'm a amateur astronomer and most of your Astronomy topics need some correction.

First... Sun is located in the Orion Arm of the galaxy and it is about 50,000 light-years and not by the millions(We would reach at the end of the Local group in that measurements.)

Second.... About the black hole, it will only appear because there's material near it. We can only detect black holes through it's accretion disk. The black hole in the heart of our galaxy(Saggittrius A*) is aligned with the galactic disk and it's not a supermassive one. Not unlike the Death Star galaxy.

What I've just heard that the asteriod Aphopis will crash to Earth in 2034. The chance is slim, considering Jupiter's gravity and the developments of "anti-asteroid" weapons.

And I don't believe it's in 2012

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • No one knows exactly when the world will end, but there are obviously predictions. Some things to look out for:

1. A world government.
    2. Some type of mark applied to either the forehead or hand of people under said government.
    3. Lots of natural disasters.
    4. Lots of war.

These things signify that the world is about to end, according to the Bible for all of them and acording to science for the last two. So yeah. When this stuff starts happening, worry.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm a amateur astronomer and most of your Astronomy topics need some correction.

First... Sun is located in the Orion Arm of the galaxy and it is about 50,000 light-years and not by the millions(We would reach at the end of the Local group in that measurements.)

Second.... About the black hole, it will only appear because there's material near it. We can only detect black holes through it's accretion disk. The black hole in the heart of our galaxy(Saggittrius A*) is aligned with the galactic disk and it's not a supermassive one. Not unlike the Death Star galaxy.

What I've just heard that the asteriod Aphopis will crash to Earth in 2034. The chance is slim, considering Jupiter's gravity and the developments of "anti-asteroid" weapons.

And I don't believe it's in 2012

Can't argue with that :P

2012 will just the merry new galactic day, or 25 milleniums, of the sun's orbit in the galaxy. And considering Jupiter's Gravity, I don't think we'll get an asteroid impact in our lives. And if we don't stop Global Warming, Your great grandson may die young. I retire from the thread.

A.K9

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
  • watch this, zeitgeist its a really REALLY well made movie about alot of events in history that can lead to our demise, it has biblical, political, and scientifical facts. i think we should make a new thread about this movie, its really good.

by the way, its 2 hrs long, but its so worth watching it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Can't argue with that :P

2012 will just the merry new galactic day, or 25 milleniums, of the sun's orbit in the galaxy. And considering Jupiter's Gravity, I don't think we'll get an asteroid impact in our lives. And if we don't stop Global Warming, Your great grandson may die young. I retire from the thread.

A.K9

Actually, it's Jupiter's gravity that's sending Apophis our way in the first place; it was blasted out of its orbit by coming too close to the gas giant. Scientist know FOR A FACT that in 2027, Friday the 13th, Apophis will pass right under our satellites but not hit the Earth (if you're in the right spot, you will be able to see it with your naked eyes). Through calculations, they have also discovered that if the asteroid passes through a certain, small region in space (highly slim chance of it passing through this point), Earth's gravity will send it into a new orbit that will cause it to hit us exactly seven years.

Or at least, that's what the History channel says. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    I don't believe in these stupid predictions.But it does not mean that i don't believe in God.

But these predictions ...........................really don't believe.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Mayan Calendar predictions. They lived a thousand years ago. There's nothing that scientifically proves this or supports this, so I'm going to go with "I'll be ninty-two when I die" kind of thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back