• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ever used the elemental monkeys?

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    I used my Pansear for the Striaton Gym, but I abondened it at Castellia City.

Years
    I just took Mister Infernape-wannabe to clear the first gym then I chucked him into the PC box until like, forever? IMO, I don't really find the monkeys useful, Darumakka could've sub the Fire-type (but no, GF made it harder for us T-T). Did I mention how the evos are ugly? x_x

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Not really, oh so flimsy and oh so disgusting. I prefer more solid pokemon.

Years
    yes i use panpour and pansear and i would use pansage but i started out with a snivy so not much room for another grass type. now i'm just looking for a rock-type pokemon (so i can use rock climb and rock smash). the elemental monkeys are really cute and they come in handy too if you ask me.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

first gym, bang in my box never to see the light again.

sharpedofile

Basculin are Masculin
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    They're good for ingame play, but anywhere else they're below average defenses set them back. I'm searious. (Simisear, AAHAHAHAHAHHA)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I used Pansear for the Striaton City gym battle, since I just wanted to get that out of the way, since I was doing a challenge that run. Apart from that, I haven't used the monkeys, but I have caught them all once, for whatever purpose they serve. :P I did breed a Panpour with Nasty Plot and Hydro Pump once and randomly used a Modest one I had in the Battle Subway though, and surprisingly it was the MVP for the time I used it. It was able to take out most Pokemon with a Hydro Pump after one Nasty Plot boost, which I found amazing. I didn't even train or level it, it was simply a level 1 Panpour with those moves. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    I only ever used him in the beginning, it was kind of weak and pointless once I replaced it. This goes for all three starter elements. I'm sure there are some people that can use them well, but I can't. haha.

Years
    I didn't even use it for the first gym. I just used it to defeat a few Munnas until it evolved, then boxed it, defeated a few Munnas, and just trained my other Pokemon to fight the first gym. I haven't touched it since.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    I used Panpour (and later, Simipour) until I revived my Tirtouga, which was...eh, pretty late, but early enough that I had a Carracosta by the time I got to the Elite Four. I think she was mid-30-ish when I dumped her.

Years
    I kind of wanted to use the water type. Not specificly for my story mode team but to train one overall.
    By now I dont think its going to happen ._. I'm not much into monkey type Pokemon. I tried to get myself into liking it but.. it just.. doesnt... work D:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I usually had one of the monkeys hanging around in my team, but I never actually used it, so it ended up getting boxed. Not even for the Striaton Gym did I decide to bring it out for the type advantage.

I would probably only use Pansage anyway since he's got the best design of the three, but I usually already have my Grass-type covered.

Back