• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ever used the elemental monkeys?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Simisage was the only one I ever really used. Leech Seed and Seed Bomb were always really effective for me and much much more useful than either of the other two monkeys. I mean, Simipour was just... weak. :( AND THEN when Incinerate is your best STAB move for ages ........

I dunno, I'm not really fond of any of them except Simisage anyway.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    I did use one or two of them in my early team and did consider them for my final team, but once I had done a bit of research on them, I decided against it.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • I try to use everything with no specific preference, so of course I've used them-and I've used them a lot! But wanting to use them, on the other hand.... :p

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I've used Pan/Simipour for my playthrough, and it was actually fairly useful for my team.

Haven't used Simisage, but from what I heard it's fairly usable (Though I heard Lilligant is better sometimes)

Now... Simisear I'd say it's not worth it (besides use for HM Slave), because there are many fire types that are better to use, for example Darmanitan and Chandelure.

Infel

ELECTRIC LOVE
    Years
  • I hated them so much...I didn't use them.. I just got them to evolve for dex completion. I won with my snivy at straiton.

xXNinetndoFreakXx

Pokémon Master~!
    Years
  • Like others have said, I just used it then boxed it. There's way better Pokémon, like Darmanitan and Chandelure for Pansear, Whimsicott and Lilligant for Pansage, and Carracosta and Palpitoad for Panpour.

Unless you're using it as an HM slave, which is what I did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Used it as cut slave. Deposited into the PC and tts the end of Pansage's story.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Panpour is sooo cute. I have raise mine to Simipour, which is even prettier and cuter!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I have used my Simipour up to battle against Alder. Why? because it has wide movepools, decent stats and they aren't any other water pokemon that meet my design satisfaction.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Once. I had Pansear since I chose Oshawott as my starter and although I planned on training it even after it helped beat the first Gym, I didn't really want to. I ended up not having a fire type on my team at all from that too. I don't know, the monkeys don't really interest me that much.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I used Pansage during the first gym battle, but after that I kind of just tossed it into the PC never really to be used again. This was because I already had a team planned out from the beginning, so I didn't really want to try anything more than I had to until I assembled my desired team.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • Panpour was incredibly useful, since I started with Snivy. :/ It was female. :D
    It is now a level 72 Simipour named 'Pan'.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i didn't have a use for it other than the 1st gym. in fact i barely even trained it at all. and as far as their typing goes i feel that there are much better water, fire,a dn grass types out there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    *Shakes head* I chose Snivy (*hugs Serperior*) and I got 'pour. Never used it; I DESTROYED Chili with Snivy alone. I evolved Panpour just to fill up my Dex! :D Mheh, tbh I don't think they're worth it. Lilligant FAR surpasses Simisage with Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, Chandelure (Lampent, even!) outcompetes Simisear with Confuse Ray and so on. Seismitoad, Carracosta, Jellicent... Just too many better Pokémon compared to Simipour. Just no.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I only used them for the Striaton City Gym Leaders and then I had no use for them out of pure lack of interest. I didn't even evolve it. Later on, they really didn't have much use to me at all.

Years
  • Ahahahahahahaa~
    No.
    Never even got one.
    My serperior is epic.
    Why would he, even back when he was a servine, need help in a gym? He steamrolled the first gym with perfect ease.

Besides that, the only one who has a design that I can really tolerate is Simisage, and that's only because of a particuarly good artist's picture on DeviantArt.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I used a Pansear against the first gym and continued using it.
    Before facing Lenora, I evolved it into Simisear so that it could stand a chance against Lenora's Watchog.
    I never stopped using it. I even used it in Battle Subway and against the Elite Four.

Back