• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Yamato, you are really coming on to me as a sexist, it seems in every post you make you have to make fun of the feminine race somehow.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I didn't really feel like he was being sexist, given that ***** is a pretty specific insult. I did, however, think he was being fairly uncalled for here, considering:

A. Nothing prompted an out-and-out flame (which, really, calling someone an "uppity *****" without citing examples of times when she was being that might as well be called that). I mean, Astinus didn't say in her post before that, "Oh yeah, and Yamato-san, you're a dick," so I really don't see why it was necessary to attempt to incite a flamewar. (I realize he was stating an opinion, but there's just some levels you just don't stoop to.

B. There's been worse corruption elsewhere on Pokemon boards. I mean, Serebii mods have actually encouraged people to troll other boards, and certain staff members themselves (who shall remain nameless) are very quick to accuse and generally borderline flame. I know this because the target in one case was mine for the former, and I've gotten into "friendly arguments" with said staff members concerning the latter. You know one of those stories, Oni.

And even then, that's not the only board I've seen pretty bad staffing on. Smaller IF, Proboards, et cetera boards tend to be horrific, and I've been on larger boards (which also will remain nameless) where every thread ends up becoming one flame war after another.

Astinus and Jax, I have never seen such 1337 speak from you!

I could get stupider, but I'd have to sniff glue first.

I'd really like the April Fan Fiction Challenge prompt to be Patrick Pitter.

Patrick Pitter x Peter Piper FTW.

Bay

Years
I'm actually quite happy because I'm now half-way done with my parody fic, but now I know the next half I'll have little to zip writing because I'll be busy with university stuff for the next couple of weeks. >.>

To Gummy, there's one story at Serebii called "The House" by IceKing which is criticizing the 4th Gen's evolution line. XD And Jax, I actually think making stories out of bad summaries sounds like a fun idea. Maybe I might try out that May and Politoed story. XD

*is all for Clefairy-came-from-space-to-destroy-us-all theory.*

Oh man Saffire, now you made me want to do either a one shot or put that somewhere in my fic. XD

As for that apocalyse question, pretty much what everyone said of how there's two categories to them, though I like seeing more of the everyone is dead so the survivors must survive kind of stories because I read a lot of the society type stories already. As soon as the apocalyse story is interesting, has great characters, and good quality, all is good.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Actually, just out of curiosity, what do you people think of the current fan fics going around various forums? Seen anything interesting ones?

"Everyone likes to believe that Clefairy came from the moon. In truth, they came from Saturn." :p

Siffire Persian's most entertaining post ever? Yes. That's both hilarious and a great plot.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I didn't really feel like he was being sexist, given that ***** is a pretty specific insult. I did, however, think he was being fairly uncalled for here, considering:

A. Nothing prompted an out-and-out flame (which, really, calling someone an "uppity *****" without citing examples of times when she was being that might as well be called that). I mean, Astinus didn't say in her post before that, "Oh yeah, and Yamato-san, you're a dick," so I really don't see why it was necessary to attempt to incite a flamewar. (I realize he was stating an opinion, but there's just some levels you just don't stoop to.

You gotta love the fact that Jax edited her first post so that in the fictional scenario, Astinus slagged Yamato by being a sexist first.

No one's gonna understand that sentence except for Jax.

And even then, that's not the only board I've seen pretty bad staffing on. Smaller IF, Proboards, et cetera boards tend to be horrific, and I've been on larger boards (which also will remain nameless) where every thread ends up becoming one flame war after another.

It's those sorts of forums that make life worth living.

Ahaha.

Damn, I had more to reply to, but Jax edited her post.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
To be quite honest, I'm never the one to provoke any sort of response from anyone. Even in real life, I just wander through, never talking to anyone first unless I have some need to. It's always other people who interrupt me and start something.

And I also have the philosophy that "I'll treat you the same way you treat me". If you're nice to me, then you get the happy side of me back at you. (This is why all of my friends that I made had stepped up first to open communications. I am always perfectly content to never make human contact.) If, however, you feel the need to start some sort of war with me for no reason, then...well, let's say that I enjoy wars of words. But I'll always sit there and wonder what it is about the other person that makes them get some sort of thrill of following me around wherever I go and starting something.

This is all really just to say that the only way that you get me to be angry at you is if you wish it upon yourself. Otherwise, if you want be to me nice to you, then you'll get the nice side; if you want me to leave you alone, then that's also fine, since I also prefer being left alone.

Has anyone realised how active this thread is now that we can mess around a little?
It's called "having fun". The way we've been acting is the way that I wanted to see this board acting. Sure, we screw around, but we keep it under the rules and laugh while doing so. It's not my problem that other people have to step in and ruin fun for others.

Heck, I was actually enjoying coming to PC during the fun times, because I just knew that there wouldn't be any trouble to deal with. I could actually come here and relax, laugh, have fun. (Yes, I know that I shouldn't dread coming here, especially since I volunteered to be a moderator. But just once I want some good times in my life to counter the bad.)

And this was probably way more than anyone ever wanted to know about me.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I didn't really feel like he was being sexist, given that ***** is a pretty specific insult.
You're not the only one, Jax. It wasn't sexist. Just something rude that he had to get in to say to me for no reason. But you are right that it was uncalled for, since like I said, I didn't provoke any attack by striking first. All that I did was remark to someone completely different, and didn't mention him at all, that I had gotten a name change. (Since DP479 and I haven't talked in a while, and I wanted to let it be known that I did get a name change and a slight personality change.)

-

Better get a Wiggin on the case, then, Saff.

This would be well and good if I only knew who Patrick Pitter is.

I could get stupider, but I'd have to sniff glue first.
I am also done being stupid, so you'll now have to find new forms of entertainment. Sorry.

Now I'll just silently bow out and return to being the lurking staff member who doesn't join in with anything.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
You gotta love the fact that Jax edited her first post so that in the fictional scenario, Astinus slagged Yamato by being a sexist first.

Actually, the post was edited twice. The first and last version really did have the word "dick" in here. The second I thought I'd try to replace the word with something that I thought would be censored... but turns out isn't on PC. XD (Seriously, what?)

As to Astinus on her personality, yeah, I always felt that you were the sort who didn't say anything someone didn't deserve, but then again, you remind me of a lot of other people (like Farla) who are mistaken as being harsh, when really, they're only being frank and adaptive to the social environment, so to speak.

That and, really, I can tell by your posts. As I've said before, I don't recall any time when you flamed Yamato-san specifically, and you certainly didn't before he came in. It's just not fair that he should be the one to flame you. It doesn't really stick up for the little guy at all if one barges into a conversation with guns blasting when everyone else's guns were taken at the door, you know? Or, well, to put it simply and without the abuse of metaphors, it doesn't help your cause if you look like you're the one doing the mudslinging. There are better ways to say that you object to someone personally. Like civil PMs or a polite, "Excuse me, but I think that's uncalled for" in a thread.

This would be well and good if I only knew who Patrick Pitter is.

Admittedly, I had to Google it. Apparently, he's a character over at an RPG Oni participates in. Yeah, not all of us actually venture into the roleplaying forum, but I decided humoring is the best way to deal with humor. (Although out of curiosity, who got the Pitter reference without cheating?)

I am also done being stupid, so you'll now have to find new forms of entertainment. Sorry.

Already ahead of you. *holds up video tape of M3 x Scytheteen*

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Lets see him get a girlfriend.

joke's on you, I've wanted to live alone since I was a kid.

Hanako, eh? So you're the uppity b.atch I encountered in that "What makes a good villain?" thread?

apparently, somebody missed something.

To be quite honest, I'm never the one to provoke any sort of response from anyone. Even in real life, I just wander through, never talking to anyone first unless I have some need to. It's always other people who interrupt me and start something.

And I also have the philosophy that "I'll treat you the same way you treat me". If you're nice to me, then you get the happy side of me back at you. (This is why all of my friends that I made had stepped up first to open communications. I am always perfectly content to never make human contact.) If, however, you feel the need to start some sort of war with me for no reason, then...well, let's say that I enjoy wars of words. But I'll always sit there and wonder what it is about the other person that makes them get some sort of thrill of following me around wherever I go and starting something.

This is all really just to say that the only way that you get me to be angry at you is if you wish it upon yourself. Otherwise, if you want be to me nice to you, then you'll get the nice side; if you want me to leave you alone, then that's also fine, since I also prefer being left alone.

you REALLY are full of yourself, aren't you? You're trying to tell me that this was called for? Even when I never recall my post giving any kind of impression that I was offended by you, as you claim I was?

And Yamato-san, I'm the type of person who likes seeing posts without sexist remarks. I wonder if there's some chance that you could post without using any swears or variations of those words. But I guess not.

outside of the quotes, do you see me using such things in this post? Or are you expecting me to follow some typical behavior as I'm apparently more 2D than a character in one of your half-baked stories?

It's amazing the amount of people who complain about someone acting in a certain way, or something being run a certain way, yet they keep coming in contact with said person or said thing. The brilliant thing to do would be to leave and avoid the situation. For some people who volunteered to deal with people out of the goodness of her little black heart, they can't avoid situations. But other people have the choice.

so says the people who're jumping to the conclusion that I'm "sexist".

And it seriously makes me wonder if anyone, aside from my friends, would have realized that I had a name change. Or did you all need me to tell you? Did you honestly think that they pulled some new member out of nowhere and gave them moderator powers? And how long would it have taken you to realize it if I never said anything? Sometimes, I seriously wonder if humans are just getting more stupid as time goes on.

well, the thing is, I never really saw you with the name change until you posted in "What makes a good villain?" In fact, looking at your post history, you were pretty much absent in this thread for most of the month of March until that "seal of approval" was brought up. Also, it's not like I always scroll down far enough to see the names of the mods in this section to tell when one of them (or rather, the only one here) has gotten a name change. Were you expecting everybody to do scroll down to the bottom at some point and notice, or maybe for everybody to look back on your previous posts and notice a different name in place? Here's an idea: instead of insulting my intelligence, as well as the intelligence of other members around here, why not use some common sense of your own?

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Nov 7, 2011
You know, Yamato-san, maybe you could do the mature thing and let things die, instead of posting a reply? Maybe? You seem to just want to start up some kind of flame war. If you insist on aruging, you could, I dunno, take it to PM. I for one don't enjoy reading your "I have been wronged, ill-treated, and horribly misinterpreted!" posts. Or perhaps you enjoy spectators? This ain't Jerry Springer, Ladies and Gentleman.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
This thread got roughly six pages longer in one day. Permission to be mystified?

Anyways, I dug way the heck back to a prompt I wanted to answer.

What pokemon do you love to see in fanfics?

Latias, primarily. Despite being my favorite pokemon, I feel she translates well into the fanfiction realm. The reasons for this are many, but some major ones are that she's empathic, she can fly really fast, and she's a dragon. This usually leads to her being a good character, at least in my eyes.

Close seconds are Latios for nearly the same reasons and Absol. I like the latter because of his aura of misunderstanding: he goes to towns to warn of impending disaster, but is seen as a harbinger of said disasters because of this trait. He's also downright cool.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
-_-

Yeah, Jax, I don't know what you're talking about. There was no Mewthree on Scytheteen action ever. ;;

*snatches video while she's not looking*

And as I'm too lazy to answer any topic in here because I don't feel look going back and copying and pasting, I'll just come up with my own topic:

What genre do you prefer to see in pokemon fanfics?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
apparently, somebody missed something.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that a quote? Because usually in an argument, people actually quote examples from the source material and analyze it to back up their arguments, rather than just state a title and expect the reader to go look it up.

Not to mention her responses in that thread are, from what I can tell, really no more biting than the ones I've seen you put out in this forum. You're going to have to work harder to convince me she's a bad person. And even then, you still came in this thread with guns blasting, so you still are making yourself look bad if you don't at least use quotes to give your reasoning for why you need to need to be so aggressive. =/

Yeah, Jax, I don't know what you're talking about. There was no Mewthree on Scytheteen action ever. ;;

*snatches video while she's not looking*

*attempts to launch into an epic battle/quest to get it back... even though she has copies*

No preference. I don't really care as long as it's done well, you know? A romance can either be really freaking good or crappy as sin. I'll still go for the really freaking good ones, even after reading too many of the crappy as sin ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
joke's on you, I've wanted to live alone since I was a kid.

And we all wonder why?

Anyway...I'm supposed to be making some movie on WW2 right now...but I'm not. X.x

So...bell rang! And about the AshxRandomTree...I wanna read one. I swear, I'll go find it. xD

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Oh, dear, drama. Personally, I have to say that I don't see how Astinus' post in that thread Yamato-san linked to was particularly rude towards him.

I like pretty much any story that's done well, but I tend to have a fondness for more character-based works.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think Yamato has officially lost an argument. Not that he really tried to win it.

Anyways, I can't bring myself to open up Microsoft Word, how do you people get your inspiration to write back after losing it?

Bay

Years
Spoiler:

Um sorry, couldn't resist. *coughs* Right, topics...

Like everyone else, as long as its good, then I'm cool with it although I have a soft spot for literature, drama, and mystery...and also anything that has police officers and/or FBI/CIA agents as characters. XD

And Oni Raichu: there are times too that I lose inspiration but then I get them back by rereading certain scenes of my story and then my mind clicks as to why I wrote that piece in the first place. That's probably just me though.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
Years

No specific objections, if I wanna read it, I'll read it. Though I tend to avoid romance...

What Pokemon do you like to see?

No objections again. I expect to see starters and Legendaries a lot since they hold instant appeal points and seem easy to work with. (Though not too sure about the last part on Legendaries, though I do like seeing them live up to the "legend" part by being omnipotent of sorts and/or showing why they're considered the creature who (insert tibits of info from the Pokedexs of the main games)

What do you guys think of epic fics? You think having the fic as an epic genre makes it more deveolped, thought out, and better quality or is the epic genre a bit overated sometimes?

Hmm... some fics feel way more awesome than most do, I'll admit that much... but... It's still all a matter of interpretation anyway...

Wait, epic has its own genre? That's kinda--

For the road: "Maturity" is nothing more than a word used by those who wish to attack others while still looking refined themselves. One can be a fairly calm, easygoing individual but once angered (rightfully or not) they'll then be labeled immature or childish regardless of the degree of anger displayed. And one's temperament, especially when they lose the ability of being understanding (or just feel they don't have to be) really can't be helped. Everyone's different after all, the different personas you meet on the internet proves this.

I can understand the concept of "keeping appearances" for a certain set, it's something we all do be it out "having to" or maintaining a said standard your supposed to uphold, but maturity as whole, especially on the 'net, is a word abused and taken severely out of context like the word "noob". With that said, given a lot of that commentary that stood outside the argument at hand that guy more than enough reason to come in guns a blazing.

Nothing wrong with hot-bloodedness but the situation is supposed to be left dead, sorry about that...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
That'd be a really fun prompt Jax but unfortunately, we can only write about things that are Pokemon-related. Most of the Pokemon fics at FF.net are boring, trainer fics or retarded shippings.
The anime writers are perfectly capable of coming up with both (PikachuxKetchup, anyone?). But the mental capacities (or lack thereof) of many FF.net writers is disturbing. Blackbeard as a trainer? Pardon me as I board the LOL Express.

Journey fics are a favorite as long as they're executed well (i.e., no Ash clones). But I'm fairly broad; however I'd rather not see the following:
*Anything involving Ash unless it's mocking him.
*Oddball shippings (AshxRandomTree, BlackbeardxChatot, etc.)
*Fics where the trainers have magical powers, especially the all-too-common "4/5 of Captain Planet powers" of earth, water, air/wind, and fire. Honestly, we have Pokemon that cover all four of them. If you're going to give your trainers special powers, make them something that Pokemon can't do, like the ability to control GMC Yukons or the power to balance your checking account.

Wow, this turned into more of,
What genres do you prefer NOT to see in fanfics?

As for continuing my story here, I'm still debating it, but every time I get onto the Green Lagger, I'm more and more convinced to just do it.

Woot for new prompt tomorrow! We'll see if it's something that I can actually base a coherent One-Shot around...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Anything to do with PokeSpecial. Mainly shipping fics...but if it has Silver, shipping or not, I'm readin'. You know it. ;D

-Trainer wakes up late, goes and gets a Pokemon from Prof. (insert name).
-Random shipping like my 'AshxRandomTree'...but then again, I'd read...just to see what they'd do.
-Nasty, disgusting stories where people don't know how to convey what they're talking about, such as shipping stories involving sex...you wouldn't believe some of the things I've read. X.x
-The Mystery of the Pika Jewel. Jax told me it sounded like a porno, and I must admit, the title shares striking resemblances.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

I have a soft spot for PMD and Pokemorph fics (considering my first fic was a combination of both). I'm also starting to enjoy Journey fics, but at DP479 said, it has to be executed well.

Anything that focuses on or included the main characters from the anime. If a fic even mentions the name Ash and how he was one of the greatest Pokemon masters, I stop reading immediately. However, if I ever come by a fic that continues the story of Richie or Gary (my favorite rivals), I'd be hooked on the spot.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I think Yamato has officially lost an argument. Not that he really tried to win it.

Anyways, I can't bring myself to open up Microsoft Word, how do you people get your inspiration to write back after losing it?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I just sit around and make up excuses until I run out of other things to do. *shot'ed*

So.... anyway, I'll just go out on a limb and ask Yamato how disagreeing with him (and doing it in a civilized manner) somehow qualifies Astinus as a curse target. And seconded on the quoting the source material thing, because I just spent three-fourths of this school year learning how to do that effectively for my forensics matches. Great Zeus, this is getting annoying.

So, as to what genres I like, anything that isn't "random vampires in the Pokemon world/Satoshi's brother who owns thousands of Pokemon suddenly arrives!" Romance is great, but only if done well. And I support Pokemon x Human Character shippings, but detest any fic that either A) goes graphic (does everyone equate love with "doing the nasty" except me?) or B) is written in such a way that the horrid treatment of grammar causes me to rip out my own lungs to avoid the pain. o.o

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
I'm not a fan of anything that is exclusively romance. Love and lust can work very well as a part of the development of characters and plot, but I just really can't find romance anywhere near interesting enough on its own to write or read a whole story that has no other point to it than getting two characters to shag/kiss/have mushy conversations.

I'm also not really interested in the animé main characters, and that combined with the above means I prefer not to touch shipping fics with a ten-foot-pole and can't help finding it a real shame they constitute half of the Pokémon fanfic out there. Other predominantly animé character fics, eh, maybe I'll read it if the plot is very, very good, but as I like character-centered stuff and the animé main characters are just, well, rather shallow and uninteresting, I generally don't even look at animé-centered fics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back