• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favourite Gen 6 Pokemon

Years
  • I like the Goomy to Goodra line and the Noibat-Noivern line. Dragalge is pretty cool too. They have a lot of good ones in my opinion. :)

I am going to assume the weird spelling is from an April Fools Joke. Haha, you got me. :P

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Fletching line -> As the "Com-Mon" Bird introduced in this generation, it became one of the most useful birds to ever exist, especially in Competitive play where Talonflame is such a common thing now and i can't blame the players. Priority Brave bird and access to moves such as Bulk up, Roost, and even Flare Blitz made it such a beast.

Froakie- Frogadier- Greninja -> Undoubtedly the "best" starter to be introduced in the pokemon world. Even without its HA, Greninja is awesome because its such as fast water type and has access to a lot of great moves. With its HA Protein, it becomes a real terror against teams.

Tyrantum - I love T-rexes and when this was introduced, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Aegislash - One of the coolest looking pokemon this generation introduced, as well as a unique typing and playstyle. This thing is a true test of how a trainer can make such effective and epic predictions. Also, its a set of ghostly weaponry. How could I not like that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love pretty much this whole generation save for like... Baracle or whatever the hell it's called. But to name specifics:

Goomy Line - God I love this line so much it's a slimy gooey little blog that evolves into a slimy gooey friendly dragon how can you not. ♥

Fletchinder - Okay I actually like the whole line in general but I feel like Flenchinder will get a special mention because I love it more than Fletchling and Talonflame. I love it's design and it's one oflike... two Pokemon that I legit didn't know about until I played the game so when my Fletchling evolved (I remember where I was too I was at a chinese place ordering chinese when this happened) I expected it to become talonflame but no it becomes this adorable mid-evo bird that's so cute and just ughhh I love it a lot.

Also Sylveon, Klefki, Froakie Line, Skiddo Line, Vivillon, and Carbink and I'm just gonna stop there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Gen 6 was alot better than Gen 5, where it didn't feel like that the new pokémon fit in with the design ethos. Gen 6 introduced the Froakie line, which is the best starter line due to their excellent speed and attack and were creatively designed. It also introduced Aegislash, which had a innovative way to fight due to it's two dynamic forms, and Furfrou, a classy pokémon that is one of the best fast defensive pokémon out these.

My overall thoughts on the gen 6 pokémon are spoilered, but a pretty great generation for pokémon designs and much better than gen 5.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    There are so many good ones from this gen <3 I really like Talonflame, easily the best beginner bird of any game, imo anyway, and I also love Chesnaught and Greninja~ and Sylveon~ I love Sylveon~ My baby can take hits and dish em back two fold~ Tyrantrum is also cool design wise... just not exactly my favorite gameplay wise.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I love Malamar, Pangoro, Aegislash, Delphox, Gourgeist, Noivern, Heliolisk, pretty much any one except for Binacle or anything that keeps popping up a million times when I'm looking for something rare.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I like these the most :
    Tyrantrum
    Aromatise
    Fenniken/Braxien/Delphox

and ended up really liking these after using them competitively
    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Xerneas

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Greninja's my favourite, when I first saw the leaks of it back when XY was coming out I instantly fell in-love with it (IT'S A NINJA!). I ended up choosing Froakie as my starter and I was even more excited when I heard about it's Hidden Ability and I started to use it on all my teams.

Sadly it got banned... :(

Years
  • Gogoat is definitely way up on that list <3
    More favourites include Aurorus, Furfrou, Florges, Noivern and, oh god, Xerneas! I love me some more deer Pokemon, and legendary at that!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    While Gen VI has the least introduced Pokémon, most of them strike as memorable I have too many to list. Other than Swirlix and Slurpuff, I like everything else so much that I can't decide a favorite!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Probably Greninja. He looks so cool, and i like the idea of a ninja frog. Plus, he's cool in Smash Bros. and reminds me of a Naruto character.

Years
  • I was extremely impressed with the designs of the gen 6 pokemon. I only wish there were more of them. Here's a handful of my favorites:

-Heliolisk
    -Clawitzer
    -Pangoro
    -Pyroar

...and Diggersby, of course...

...seriously. What an atrociously designed pokemon Diggersby is.

Back