• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally, Facts about DS and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    I don't think Dreamcast really had a time. Dreamcast was after N64 and PS1, but before PS2, GCN, Xbox. Really bad timing, right after its put in stores, the other consoles come and nobody want a Dreamcast.

I, for one, think Dreamcast was a great system, I just think it was bad timing.

And Playstation 1/2 had good success.

:\
    I don't really think PSP is ahead of its time. Its more like DS is behind its time.

Not to get off subject, but the PS1 came out after DC and this is how I know: due to some factual evidence which I will find later (i have it around here somewhere...) PS was actually originally produced by both Sony AND nintendo as a system to compete against DS. But something happened, I don't know what, and PS ended up all Sony afterward.

And how is DS behind it's time when it's teh first marketed gaming system to use touch screen and wireless connection? It sounds more like PSP is behind its time. PS is falling into the same beleife system nintendo used to follow: Don't change a good thing. They don't realize that change must happen to survive. At this point it seems like Nintendo has learned it needs to try something new what with the DS and the new ZElda and at this point it seems PS is just trying to play it safe, making the PSP really no different than PS2, Sticking to what they know. I for one beleive that the DS will end up on top, but we still ahve to wait and see. nintendo still has to struggle agaisnt teh bad rep given to it by evil PS players (Not saying all ps players are evil.) Because nowadays it's not just what's fun to play, it's what's cool to play that you can tell your buddies about in school. Making the gaming industry just another stupid social conformation. ( and I HATE social conformation.)

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Whoa

Pogiforce-14 said:
    Not to get off subject, but the PS1 came out after DC and this is how I know: due to some factual evidence which I will find later (i have it around here somewhere...) PS was actually originally produced by both Sony AND nintendo as a system to compete against DS. But something happened, I don't know what, and PS ended up all Sony afterward.

And how is DS behind it's time when it's teh first marketed gaming system to use touch screen and wireless connection? It sounds more like PSP is behind its time. PS is falling into the same beleife system nintendo used to follow: Don't change a good thing. They don't realize that change must happen to survive. At this point it seems like Nintendo has learned it needs to try something new what with the DS and the new ZElda and at this point it seems PS is just trying to play it safe, making the PSP really no different than PS2, Sticking to what they know.
    OMG I can't believe you posted that. PS1 was developed from Sony and Nintendo? Where did you get this information, I would love to see that.

Want to know the truth behind that stuff? There was originally going to be a system from Sony and Nintendo that was Before N64. It was trashed in its concept modeling days, and most people will never know about it. If anything, it would have been N64 that had Sony's technology(which I doubt very seriously)

Touch screen? Oh I love to play games where my finger must obscure my view just to play the game. How many useful features does a touch-screen really have? Hmm, button bashing mixed with screen bashing, I LOVE the idea.

Wireless connections? Maybe you're just lost on this issue, but I will inform you. PSP has the same connections. And not only that, but according to PSP's website, you can transfer data through the wireless network and save it on your memory card. Hmm, with that technology the PSP could play higher quality games with only one UMD.
    (with the GBA you usually play a watered-down version of the game with only one cartridge) The DS will probably 'feature' the same watered-down quality for 1-cartridge multiplayer.

PSP is behind its time? Let me remind you that the PSP can play near-PS2-quality games, and PS2 quality games. The DS has games that are slightly better/worse than N64. The PSP has a jump of almost 1 gen.

And to your post on the other thread: mini keyboards not an option? It seems that it is listed as one of its accesories on its website. Have you ever used a Palm or some other handheld? With most of them, you use a small keypad instead of a large keyboard. It's a very small pocket accessory that connects through PSP's USB ports. Which is another point to make. The optional accesories for PSP can make a list a mile-long because of its USB ports.
    Sony said:
    USB Camera for PSP
    USB GPS for PSP
    USB Keyboard for PSP
    Those are its current USB accessories.
    OMG a GPS! The PSP could in-turn save your life :P
    They also comment that its camera will be more versitile, and have more functions than the Eye-Toy, which has been a pretty-decent seller for the PS2. Hmm, my PSP doubles as a digital camera AND a life saving tool, all the more reason to get one.

Where exactly do you get your information from? It seems that all of your information is wrong, or you must have been miss-informed

And PS1 was released Sept 9, 1995 Sony Corporate History
    Dreamcast was sold on Sept 9, 1999 Sega Corporate History

That throws your 'PS was designed to compete with Dreamcast' theory, right out the window

Arcanine said:
    OK you made your point, the PSP has companies making games for the PSP. But the DS has 100 companies that is going to make games for it.
    And Pogiforce has a point. Most people will want some killing in games, blowing up stuff, and that kind of stuff you will find most of it on the PS2 and the X-Box.
    Sony said:
    Press Releases

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PLAYSTATIONPORTABLE (PSP) GAINS POWERFUL SUPPORT FROM GAME DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS WORLDWIDE
    Close to 100 companies line up for PSP

LOS ANGELES , May 11, 2004 ? Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today that nearly a hundred third party game developers and publishers from around the world have expressed their support for PSP?, the new handheld video game system to be launched in Japan in the end of 2004, followed by the North American and European launches in the spring of 2005.

Adopting UMD? (Universal Media Disc), a newly developed compact, high capacity optical disc as the storage device, PSP offers a wide variety of computer entertainment content. SCEI has been promoting development of PSP games on UMD to third party game developers and publishers and as of today, 99 game software developers and publishers have expressed their support for PSP (Japan: 34, North America: 24, Europe/PAL: 31 and South Korea: 10). A broad range of new and attractive game titles are currently being developed for PSP by first and third party developers and publishers. SCEI expects to expand the world of PSP gaming supported by a strong line-up of software titles.

PSP has had over 99 since May. DS has a little over 100, and its August.
    I'm trying to do the math, but it seems a little bit too complicated. I guess I will have to leave it up to you guys.(jk) :D

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Brittany15 said:
    LOL lets all make fun of N-gage+Xbox!! :P

Anyways, I did not lose half of my argument. That means its better, not worst. Nintendo has been trying to get this classification for years with no such luck. Its still a console, but the official classification, is a computer. I don't even know if Xbox has this classification... if not, then Bill Gates has turned into an idiot.(oh no... windows is gone forever!!!)

Square-Enix does have plans with the PSP. The site in my sig tells about it, but I don't know exactly where on the site.

Also there is some info on the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
    And Square has released info on a new FFVII game. They already said that they have no plans for making a game for PS2, so I'm guessing PSP.
    The only thing known about the game, is that it has Vincint as a character, they haven't even confirmed Cloud! Maybe he dies in the movie... I hope not.

More about the compilation at the site...

No, that game is bieng realeased for some Jap. cell phone. you play as thee Turks. Too bad it is not coming out on PSP.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    OMG I can't believe you posted that. PS1 was developed from Sony and Nintendo? Where did you get this information, I would love to see that.

Want to know the truth behind that stuff? There was originally going to be a system from Sony and Nintendo that was Before N64. It was trashed in its concept modeling days, and most people will never know about it. If anything, it would have been N64 that had Sony's technology(which I doubt very seriously)

Touch screen? Oh I love to play games where my finger must obscure my view just to play the game. How many useful features does a touch-screen really have? Hmm, button bashing mixed with screen bashing, I LOVE the idea.

Wireless connections? Maybe you're just lost on this issue, but I will inform you. PSP has the same connections. And not only that, but according to PSP's website, you can transfer data through the wireless network and save it on your memory card. Hmm, with that technology the PSP could play higher quality games with only one UMD.
    (with the GBA you usually play a watered-down version of the game with only one cartridge) The DS will probably 'feature' the same watered-down quality for 1-cartridge multiplayer.

PSP is behind its time? Let me remind you that the PSP can play near-PS2-quality games, and PS2 quality games. The DS has games that are slightly better/worse than N64. The PSP has a jump of almost 1 gen.

And to your post on the other thread: mini keyboards not an option? It seems that it is listed as one of its accesories on its website. Have you ever used a Palm or some other handheld? With most of them, you use a small keypad instead of a large keyboard. It's a very small pocket accessory that connects through PSP's USB ports. Which is another point to make. The optional accesories for PSP can make a list a mile-long because of its USB ports.

Those are its current USB accessories.
    OMG a GPS! The PSP could in-turn save your life :P
    They also comment that its camera will be more versitile, and have more functions than the Eye-Toy, which has been a pretty-decent seller for the PS2. Hmm, my PSP doubles as a digital camera AND a life saving tool, all the more reason to get one.

Where exactly do you get your information from? It seems that all of your information is wrong, or you must have been miss-informed

And PS1 was released Sept 9, 1995 Sony Corporate History
    Dreamcast was sold on Sept 9, 1999 Sega Corporate History

That throws your 'PS was designed to compete with Dreamcast' theory, right out the window

PSP has had over 99 since May. DS has a little over 100, and its August.
    I'm trying to do the math, but it seems a little bit too complicated. I guess I will have to leave it up to you guys.(jk) :D

The touch screen is the second screen, not the gamig screen, duh. and i learned that about the Ps from Game Informer if you must know.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    A couple Duhs are in order

Pogiforce-14 said:
    The touch screen is the second screen, not the gamig screen, duh. and i learned that about the Ps from Game Informer if you must know.
    Both screens are gaming screens, its just that in most games the second screen is used as a map or something. If the second screen did not contribute to gaming, what would its purpose be? If you are trying to promote DS, then you must think about what you post, because it is actually demeaning towards your cause.

You learned that from Game Informer? Then they must be liars, because Sony and Nintendo's respective sites prove otherwise. Are you sure you're not just another fanboi with no proof to back your posts?
    DarkLink said:
    No, that game is bieng realeased for some Jap. cell phone. you play as thee Turks. Too bad it is not coming out on PSP.
    Hey I did not name the game in my post.
    You're thinking about Before Crisis-Final Fantasy VII. They have recently released news about a new Final Fantasy VII game.

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is not a game people. Its a set of games/movies, that all belong to the world of FFVII

The Compilation includes:
    -Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (cell-phone)
    -Final Fantasy VII (PS1 + PC)
    -Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD + UMD movie)
    -And two new additions. One is confirmed to be a game, and the other is unconfirmed. This news came up seemingly after Square said that it would work with PSP.

Please read the posts thoroughly, so I don't have to re-explain.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    PSP has had over 99 since May. DS has a little over 100, and its August. I'm trying to do the math, but it seems a little bit too complicated. I guess I will have to leave it up to you guys.(jk) :D

This suggestion is a little misleading. Yes, there are plenty of companies lined up to make PSP games, but the DS has over 100 CONFIRMED TITLES. That's the difference we're seeing here.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Is this helping your cause, or is it the other way around?

If a 100 companys are confirmed to make games, then it seems logical that there will be 100+ games in development.

1 game= 1 game
    1 company= 1+ games(at least)

There were only like two companys that were still 'evaluating' the PSP. The other 98(lol) companys games are 'in progress', and some companies (like Square-Enix) have multiple games in development.

I think it was safer for DS supporters, when it was
    100Companies VS 100Companies, not when its
    100Games VS 100Companies.

They do have Confirmed Games, just not the titles. It is Confirmed that the games are in development, and thats good enough for me. I don't need the title just yet.

Its at IGN, I already posted it before, and I'm too lazy to do it again.

Suprisingly, dont expect any debating from me today, tomorow, or maybe even the day after, because Aug 3 is Vans Warped Tour(for me, at least)

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    If a 100 companys are confirmed to make games, then it seems logical that there will be 100+ games in development.

1 game= 1 game
    1 company= 1+ games(at least)

There were only like two companys that were still 'evaluating' the PSP. The other 98(lol) companys games are 'in progress', and some companies (like Square-Enix) have multiple games in development.

I think it was safer for DS supporters, when it was
    100Companies VS 100Companies, not when its
    100Games VS 100Companies.

They do have Confirmed Games, just not the titles. It is Confirmed that the games are in development, and thats good enough for me. I don't need the title just yet.

Its at IGN, I already posted it before, and I'm too lazy to do it again.

Suprisingly, dont expect any debating from me today, tomorow, or maybe even the day after, because Aug 3 is Vans Warped Tour(for me, at least)

Quantity does not beat quality. Didn't you say so yourself in another one of these topics? At any rate, you're just throwing this false info around.
    These numbers are implied at best.

PSP has had over 99 since May. DS has a little over 100, and its August. I'm trying to do the math, but it seems a little bit too complicated. I guess I will have to leave it up to you guys.(jk)

And that is a guaranteed lie. I know for a fact that at the unvieling of the PSP and the DS at E3, the PSP had no companies working on games nor any games to preview for their system, while DS had already at least 10 working titles with preview shots of each.

oh, and about that garbage about the PSP saving your life, what makes you think that Sony will be able to pick up teh exact signal of your PSP, and what makes youi think they'll know it's yours? For all they know, it could belong to some kid down the street. Even better, what makes you think they'd care or notice? " Oh, gee, that signal there hasn't moved in 5 hours when we know our batterylife is half that. Maybe we should call 911." And I don't think teh fire fighters trying to find you in whatever mess you got yourself into will find out you have a PSP and say. "This person has a PSP! Good! Now we can call Sony and have them go out of their way and cost them money to help us locate this person!" Yeah, right. GPS in PSP saving your life? That is the biggest load of bullshit I ever heard. Even if there is GPS in PSP, the best it could do is tell you where you are, which is actually quite stupid. Waste of technology.

(God, I hate talking to this girl. She so dang thick-headed. )

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Okay guys, don?t insult each other?s intelligence just because you can?t get your point across to them. =\

WhiteAngel2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2004
    omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    You have to know that the GPS generally is used for adventurers. because of the activities these people do, they will likely be using GPS devices either engraved in their sunglasses (which also serves as a guidance glasses if you actually purchase it) or a small mobile device that is extremely light. I don't think a PSP with a GPS attachment would be of use to the MARKET for GPS. Thus there would be basically no point to the GPS on the PSP other than for non-mountaineers/adventurers to "show off".

As for the keyboard and camera, I doubt any of those will actually beat the Viao (laptop from sony). Really if you wanted these functions, you might as well buy a laptop and save yourself from having all these attachments (plus the fact that you are garanteedat least 2 USB 2.0 ports on the laptop itself). Sorry, I kinda split this up. some more on later on the post. (and the verdict is there too)

Interesting info on the UMD, LFP. I think that as long as the UMD isn't released into the public, the chances of pirating on the console (NOT EMULATOR) will be small. With the main reason to pirate gone, I like their chances. However, flash cards will still be a major problem for the DS (right now it's the GBA flash cards that's giving the piraters cash) from the cartridges that they plan to use. As I said, we don't particularly KNOW what the cartridges are (for all we know, it's optical), so I'm not going to say that pirating is a major issue for the DS until what needed to be answered is answered (innocent until proven guilty). But from the looks of it, it's not good for the DS. btw, I don't think there will be emulation (but pirating through flash cards instead) for the DS due to the dual screen thing with the touch screen (I'm thinking it's a pirating prevention system rather than an "exciting" new way to play). Pirating prevention? PSP SHOULD win. Tho knowing Sony, something would go wrong and both will get pirated like crazy. I'm neutral.

As for the companies vs. games argument. The main problem is that 100 companies showing interest to the PSP just doesn't compare to few companies already doing something about the PSP. Knowing the Nintendo GB gaming world (back in the day), I knew that of those 100 companies (hey, GB had MANY no-name companies making games for them), only about 10 or so are actually name-brand that we can actually use. I personally am neutral on this since I doubt the DS will have many good games with its launch, but I'm not sure on the PSP having many good games at its launch either. (update: however, DS does have more franchises than PSP, which is a factor to consider. I don't care for franchises, so it doesn't matter to me)

Support for PSP. I have to admit that the USB port is genius in Sony's part (tho the PS2 USB port is the source of all evil). The problem again is that you can easily USB connect to a computer for hacking/pirating purposes (as I said, shouldn't be a problem unless UMD is released in the public). I like actually some of the accessories that might associate with the PSP, however most tend to be less stellar (tho not neccessarily crappy). DS on the other hand has very little accessories, and can be a major flaw to it (of course, more accessories is less portability, so the balance is important. I think PSP might have gone overboard with theirs and DS well "underboard" for it.). No winner here for me (tho I won't disagree that PSP wins here).

In the graphics department. I've only seen like 2 or 3 shots from the PSP and at most 10 shots from the DS. From what I saw, they looked similar. I thought that the metroid graphics on the DS would likely match the screenshots I saw on the PSP (tho there might be a problem with the camera crapping out the picutre slightly). Even so, the graphics department doesn't look like it's a huge factor for any of the 2 systems to me. (Man I'm so neutral today) btw, correct me if I'm wrong and show me screenshots of real PSP in-game graphics (NOT cinematic. I'll kill w***ver uses cinematic shots and say it's in-game).

O, the DC vs. PS2 era you ppl probably have never heard of (as it never occured here in North America). But there was a time in HK where DC and PS2 lovers were duking it all out, comparing EVERYTHING possible and then some. DC is indeed ahead of its time (as it came out before PS2 for HOW long?), and PS2 was at its time. However, the games department was the deciding factor (with DC and PS2 taking what 6 games apiece?). PS2 won due to its better set of franchises (FF series beat out Sonic AND Power Stone series, it was like a 2-on-1 victory for PS2 there. lol). So overall, PS2 won the battle (only by the slightest of inches) in HK for the piraters. Thus I've seen only the early DC games that are pirated (btw, DC is the first system ever to have modifications that did not require anything to play the burned games. This enhancement also made it to the PS2 soon after).

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Away

Toothache said:
    This suggestion is a little misleading. Yes, there are plenty of companies lined up to make PSP games, but the DS has over 100 CONFIRMED TITLES. That's the difference we're seeing here.
    No, not 100
    Nintendo Website said:
    Some 32 companies, including Sega, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix and Namco, have a total of 64 games in development for Nintendo DS
    It would seem that your information is false, This informations is from TODAY

Pogiforce-14 said:
    Quantity does not beat quality. Didn't you say so yourself in another one of these topics? At any rate, you're just throwing this false info around.
    These numbers are implied at best.

And that is a guaranteed lie. I know for a fact that at the unvieling of the PSP and the DS at E3, the PSP had no companies working on games nor any games to preview for their system, while DS had already at least 10 working titles with preview shots of each.

oh, and about that garbage about the PSP saving your life, what makes you think that Sony will be able to pick up teh exact signal of your PSP, and what makes youi think they'll know it's yours? For all they know, it could belong to some kid down the street. Even better, what makes you think they'd care or notice? " Oh, gee, that signal there hasn't moved in 5 hours when we know our batterylife is half that. Maybe we should call 911." And I don't think teh fire fighters trying to find you in whatever mess you got yourself into will find out you have a PSP and say. "This person has a PSP! Good! Now we can call Sony and have them go out of their way and cost them money to help us locate this person!" Yeah, right. GPS in PSP saving your life? That is the biggest load of bullshit I ever heard. Even if there is GPS in PSP, the best it could do is tell you where you are, which is actually quite stupid. Waste of technology.

(God, I hate talking to this girl. She so dang thick-headed. )

Those numbers are lies?, not according to Nintendo and Sony, AND I gave you the websites to get the information. Do you have any sources to back the claim that you have made? I see none at all.

Am I the one throwing around false information?
    Hmm, Nintendo and Sony are both just lying to all of us...
    In fact, there is no PSP or DS... They both lied again.
    And no Gamecube or PS2... It was REALLY called a Gamesquare and Raystation... They ARE lying to us!
    I have said it a zillion times before, Think Before you post. There is nothing that I hate more, than to have a fanboi/gurl post information with no sources. My info was from thier websites, so I am NOT lying, I would call you the liar(which you are), but it seems that Kairi doesent want me to call people liars, even if their information is false.

You called me a liar, but you are the person who is obviously lying.

It seriously hurts, when someone else is allowed to lie, then call me a liar, but I cannot call them a liar, when they were the ones lying. It almost feels... discriminating.

I'll tell you what makes me think it will save my life... But first of all.
    How do you think a normal GPS works? It could be from someone elses GPS down the street, huh? Again, you should think first.

Heres the reasons why it should be able to save my life.
    1-It locates my position on the globe, and tells me where I am. (hence the name of the product)
    2-I'm not exactly sure about how a GPS works, but it must send data to the satalite to show your position. If it can send info to a satalite, it should be able to release a simple distress signal.(to save your life)
    3-Its cool and I would use it ALL the time, even when I'm not lost.

I seriously want you to think before you speak on your next post. Do it as a personal favor to me, please? As a birthday present(even though its 3 days past)

I'm thick-headed? You don't think before any of your posts, so they are usually all lies or your opinion. And when you speak your opinion, you list it as if it were a fact, not saying: 'I think', or 'My opinion is'.

I have labeled ALL of my opinons to be opinions, and not the truth, and I have been recieving hatemail, hate instant-messages, hate posts, flaming posts, and posts that say 'I am a flat-out' liar

It really annoys me that I am the one that gets in trouble, even though all of my information is true, and from the source itself.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think my decision is to leave PC permanently, because I have been treated like dirt since I have come here:
    -you all seem to think that your opinion is better than mine
    -alot of you use false information in your posts, or just put your opinion in, and I am the one who gets in trouble.
    -all of the hatemail, IMs, and posts
    -and because some of you have even said it would be better for me to leave, and go to 'SonyCommunity'

And I am removing my Screename/E-mail address to rid myself from you also.
    I should have removed it right when I recieved all the hate.
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    O, the DC vs. PS2 era you ppl probably have never heard of (as it never occured here in North America). But there was a time in HK where DC and PS2 lovers were duking it all out, comparing EVERYTHING possible and then some. DC is indeed ahead of its time (as it came out before PS2 for HOW long?), and PS2 was at its time. However, the games department was the deciding factor (with DC and PS2 taking what 6 games apiece?). PS2 won due to its better set of franchises (FF series beat out Sonic AND Power Stone series, it was like a 2-on-1 victory for PS2 there. lol). So overall, PS2 won the battle (only by the slightest of inches) in HK for the piraters. Thus I've seen only the early DC games that are pirated (btw, DC is the first system ever to have modifications that did not require anything to play the burned games. This enhancement also made it to the PS2 soon after).
    Its not DC vs PS2, its DC vs PS1
    Why would Nintendo help create the PS2?
    I can see why Sony would help in PS1(before their companies huge success).

Why doesent anyone learn to read?
    Another reason of why I should leave, I hate to be associated with Dumbasses. I don't care if I just cussed because the wanna-be-fudge guy, Pogiforce, just cussed at me in the other thread. It amazes me that he didn't get in trouble. Do you all just simply hate me? Why doesn't anyone else get in trouble but me?

Just another reason of why I should leave.

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I thought we had agreed to try to start over? I know that last post of mine was rude, but that was before we had made the agreement and nothing could be done about it. I've been trying to regain my patience and to not blow my top like before ever since you Pmed me the offer to start over. And with that in mind, i want to explain a few things.

1. The reason why I probably didn't get in trouble for cursing was because even though I did it, I still held the rules in regard and apologized for it soon afterward.

2, The reason why I called you a liar previously was because according to the E3 coverage of Game Informer, which is actually a very trustowrthy magazine and believe or not prefers PS2 themselves, PSP indeed had no games planned while Nintendo had many games previewed during E3. It's not that I didn't have the data, I just didn't provide it.

3. Teh Gps thing probably could safe your life, although I'm a bit leery about weither or not they can pick out your gps signal among others and whether or not the PSP could send out a distress signal, but what Kenny said makes sense. It's impractical to the common gamer to have that sort of technology.

I'm sorry if we've made you feel unwelcome. I had no intention of doing so, and I'm pretty sure the others didn't either. these Debates can get pretty heated, and some peoples feeling do get hurt. I meant it when I said I'd be willing to start over. And I can look at both sides of the agrument fairly, just like I had suggested to you. And I'll prove it with some non-supporting DS data Iv'e come across.

"53.7% of developer polled by Famitsu are interested in the PSP. Only27.8% are intrigued in the DS." That was in teh august 2004 issue of Game Informer, meaning it's very new data.

Please don't go. We are really very nice people here, and it's not our intention to drive others away.

Years
    No, not 100
    It would seem that your information is false, This informations is from TODAY

Those numbers are lies?, not according to Nintendo and Sony, AND I gave you the websites to get the information. Do you have any sources to back the claim that you have made? I see none at all.

Am I the one throwing around false information?
    Hmm, Nintendo and Sony are both just lying to all of us...
    In fact, there is no PSP or DS... They both lied again.
    And no Gamecube or PS2... It was REALLY called a Gamesquare and Raystation... They ARE lying to us!
    I have said it a zillion times before, Think Before you post. There is nothing that I hate more, than to have a fanboi/gurl post information with no sources. My info was from thier websites, so I am NOT lying, I would call you the liar(which you are), but it seems that Kairi doesent want me to call people liars, even if their information is false.

It seriously hurts, when someone else is allowed to lie, then call me a liar, but I cannot call them a liar, when they were the ones lying. It almost feels... discriminating.

I'll tell you what makes me think it will save my life... But first of all.
    How do you think a normal GPS works? It could be from someone elses GPS down the street, huh? Again, you should think first.

Heres the reasons why it should be able to save my life.
    1-It locates my position on the globe, and tells me where I am. (hence the name of the product)
    2-I'm not exactly sure about how a GPS works, but it must send data to the satalite to show your position. If it can send info to a satalite, it should be able to release a simple distress signal.(to save your life)
    3-Its cool and I would use it ALL the time, even when I'm not lost.

I seriously want you to think before you speak on your next post. Do it as a personal favor to me, please? As a birthday present(even though its 3 days past)

I'm thick-headed? You don't think before any of your posts, so they are usually all lies or your opinion. And when you speak your opinion, you list it as if it were a fact, not saying: 'I think', or 'My opinion is'.

I have labeled ALL of my opinons to be opinions, and not the truth, and I have been recieving hatemail, hate instant-messages, hate posts, flaming posts, and posts that say 'I am a flat-out' liar

It really annoys me that I am the one that gets in trouble, even though all of my information is true, and from the source itself.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think my decision is to leave PC permanently, because I have been treated like dirt since I have come here:
    -you all seem to think that your opinion is better than mine
    -alot of you use false information in your posts, or just put your opinion in, and I am the one who gets in trouble.
    -all of the hatemail, IMs, and posts
    -and because some of you have even said it would be better for me to leave, and go to 'SonyCommunity'

And I am removing my Screename/E-mail address to rid myself from you also.
    I should have removed it right when I recieved all the hate.

Its not DC vs PS2, its DC vs PS1
    Why would Nintendo help create the PS2?
    I can see why Sony would help in PS1(before their companies huge success).

Another reason of why I should leave, I hate to be associated with Dumbasses. I don't care if I just cussed because the wanna-be-fudge guy, Pogiforce, just cussed at me in the other thread. It amazes me that he didn't get in trouble. Do you all just simply hate me? Why doesn't anyone else get in trouble but me?

Just another reason of why I should leave.
    lets see, several reasons that would give me enough reason to hate you: you're giving all new people a bad name, coming in here and instantly calling all the older members idiots. still under 50 posts, you don't have a rep to speak of. and yes, Pogi did get a warning, and I was gettign ready to report him.
    2. you have an ego the size of russia. and the websites you visit you claim are always true, while the one's we visit are pure lies. the odds of that? 0
    3. you think you're better than anybody else

now, let me explain the function of the GPS currently on the desk next to me. if you had one, you shouldn't need to call for help, as the thing can track your movements, and mark locations and the route to them. also, the signal from it isn't read, it's reflected, as is the purpose of the satilites. And if you were stupid enough to go into the forest without somebody else around, you deserve waht you get.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Flygon_trainer said:
    lets see, several reasons that would give me enough reason to hate you: you're giving all new people a bad name, coming in here and instantly calling all the older members idiots. still under 50 posts, you don't have a rep to speak of. and yes, Pogi did get a warning, and I was gettign ready to report him.
    2. you have an ego the size of russia. and the websites you visit you claim are always true, while the one's we visit are pure lies. the odds of that? 0

now, let me explain the function of the GPS currently on the desk next to me. if you had one, you shouldn't need to call for help, as the thing can track your movements, and mark locations and the route to them. also, the signal from it isn't read, it's reflected, as is the purpose of the satilites. And if you were stupid enough to go into the forest without somebody else around, you deserve waht you get.
    -First of all, I'm not a brand new person, I used to be Brittany15, so screw your under 50 posts crap.
    -Second, How am I the one with the ego? I have been treated like the retard ever-since I came to PC. I always have a reputable source to counter the lies that (some) people post. Because I get my information straight from the source(s) itself, I cannot be lying.
    I never said that the sites you post are wrong, but it seems that the information that is straight from Nintendo and Sony. But, yes, those sites must be wrong if Sony's and Nintendos own sites prove them to be wrong.
    In fact, the only other ppl in the debate that uses info that is straight from the source are Sarah and Kenny. And Kenny's posts havent made an impact on this topic(yet). Everyone else seems to say: "I don't remember the site where I got it from, but It says DS....."
    MY SCOURCES are the developers themselves. You guys(excluding Kenny and Sarah) all usually dont even have sources.
    -Third, am I the one with the ego? Gimme one example of a post with my 'ego'.
    Don't count any posts that say: 'I think' or 'My opinion is...'
    Because that is speculation, and I admit it by labeling it an opinion.
    If you would dare to post one of my messages that says 'My opinion is' or 'I think', you would be yet another example of people that think their opinion is somehow better than mine.

How does the Global Positioning System (GPS) work ?
    05th September 2002

Article by Darren Griffin

The Global Positioning System satellites transmit signals to equipment on the ground. GPS receivers passively receive satellite signals; they do not transmit. GPS receivers require an unobstructed view of the sky, so they are used only outdoors and they often do not perform well within forested areas or near tall buildings. GPS operations depend on a very accurate time reference, which is provided by atomic clocks on board.

Each GPS satellite transmits data that indicates its location and the current time. All GPS satellites synchronize operations so that these repeating signals are transmitted at the same instant. The signals, moving at the speed of light, arrive at a GPS receiver at slightly different times because some satellites are further away than others. The distance to the GPS satellites can be determined by estimating the amount of time it takes for their signals to reach the receiver. When the receiver estimates the distance to at least four GPS satellites, it can calculate its position in three dimensions.

There are at least 24 operational GPS satellites at all times plus a number of spares. The satellites, operated by the U.S. Department of Defence, orbit with a period of 12 hours (two orbits per day) at a height of about 11,500 miles travelling at near 2,000mph. Ground stations are used to precisely track each satellite's orbit.

Determining Position
    A GPS receiver "knows" the location of the satellites, because that information is included in satellite transmissions. By estimating how far away a satellite is, the receiver also "knows" it is located somewhere on the surface of an imaginary sphere centred at the satellite. It then determines the sizes of several spheres, one for each satellite. The receiver is located where these spheres intersect.

GPS Accuracy
    The accuracy of a position determined with GPS depends on the type of receiver. Most hand-held GPS units have about 10-20 meter accuracy. Other types of receivers use a method called Differential GPS (DGPS) to obtain much higher accuracy. DGPS requires an additional receiver fixed at a known location nearby. Observations made by the stationary receiver are used to correct positions recorded by the roving units, producing an accuracy greater than 1 meter.

When the system was created, timing errors were inserted into GPS transmissions to limit the accuracy of non-military GPS receivers to about 100 meters. This part of GPS operations, called Selective Availability, was eliminated in May 2000.

How Is The Signal Timed?
    All GPS satellites have several atomic clocks. The signal that is sent out is a random sequence, each part of which is different from every other, called pseudo-random code. This random sequence is repeated continuously. All GPS receivers know this sequence and repeat it internally. Therefore, satellites and the receivers must be in synch. The receiver picks up the satellite's transmission and compares the incoming signal to its own internal signal. By comparing how much the satellite signal is lagging, the travel time becomes known.

Some GPS Facts
    Here are some other interesting facts about the GPS satellites (also called NAVSTAR, the official U.S. Department of Defence name for GPS):

The first GPS satellite was launched in 1978.

A full constellation of 24 satellites was achieved in 1994.

Each satellite is built to last about 10 years. Replacements are constantly being built and launched into orbit.

A GPS satellite weighs approximately 2,000 pounds and is about 17 feet across with the solar panels extended.

Transmitter power is only 50 watts or less.

What's the signal?

GPS satellites transmit two low power radio signals, designated L1 and L2. Civilian GPS uses the L1 frequency of 1575.42 MHz in the UHF band. The signals travel by line of sight, meaning they will pass through clouds, glass and plastic but will not go through most solid objects such as buildings and mountains.

A GPS signal contains three different bits of information ? a pseudorandom code, ephemeris data and almanac data. The pseudorandom code is simply an I.D. code that identifies which satellite is transmitting information. You can view this number on your GPS unit's satellite page, as it identifies which satellites it's receiving.

Ephemeris data, which is constantly transmitted by each satellite, contains important information about the status of the satellite (healthy or unhealthy), current date and time. This part of the signal is essential for determining a position.

The almanac data tells the GPS receiver where each GPS satellite should be at any time throughout the day. Each satellite transmits almanac data showing the orbital information for that satellite and for every other satellite in the system.

Sources of GPS signal errors
    Factors that can degrade the GPS signal and thus affect accuracy include the following:

Ionosphere and troposphere delays ? The satellite signal slows as it passes through the atmosphere. The GPS system uses a built-in model that calculates an average amount of delay to partially correct for this type of error.

Signal multipath ? This occurs when the GPS signal is reflected off objects such as tall buildings or large rock surfaces before it reaches the receiver. This increases the travel time of the signal, thereby causing errors.

Receiver clock errors ? A receiver's built-in clock is not as accurate as the atomic clocks onboard the GPS satellites. Therefore, it may have very slight timing errors.

Orbital errors ? Also known as ephemeris errors, these are inaccuracies of the satellite's reported location.

Number of satellites visible ? The more satellites a GPS receiver can "see," the better the accuracy. Buildings, terrain, electronic interference, or sometimes even dense foliage can block signal reception, causing position errors or possibly no position reading at all. GPS units typically will not work indoors, underwater or underground.

Satellite geometry/shading ? This refers to the relative position of the satellites at any given time. Ideal satellite geometry exits when the satellites are located at wide angles relative to each other. Poor geometry results when the satellites are located in a line or in a tight grouping.

Intentional degradation of the satellite signal ? Selective Availability (SA) is an intentional degradation of the signal once imposed by the U.S. Department of Defence. SA was intended to prevent military adversaries from using the highly accurate GPS signals. The government turned off SA in May 2000, which significantly improved the accuracy of civilian GPS receivers.

Some Satellite Facts

There are some 2,500 satellites orbiting the earth

There are over 8,000 foreign objects orbiting the earth consisting of items like nose cones and panels from old satellites

For more information about satellites and GPS satellites in particular, if you visit NASA's website you will find a GPS Satellite tracker similar to below allowing you to track all of the 2,500 plus satellites that currently orbit our planet and can track which satellite is currently flying over which continent.

From here

Thats the last straw. You are a moron that seriously posts about things you obviously don't know about. Screw you. I hate you. You are like the millionth moron I have talked to on PC.

If you dare to call me a liar about any of my posts, then you call Nintendo and Sony liars too.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I would call you the liar(which you are), but it seems that Kairi doesent want me to call people liars, even if their information is false.

I didn?t point you out specifically. I don?t want either of you to. If one person is presenting false, unbacked information then you can inform them of this. And you are. The problem is in a bit harsh of a manner, and that goes for both of you. My apologies if I didn?t make this clear before.
    See? Right there. Maybe they are hating on you and annoying you (though I?m not saying it?s necessarily true) but there?s no need to call them that. If they?re really being a pain and not listening?just don?t give them attention, don?t post.

Pogiforce, you shouldn?t be directly labeling her statements as lies. Do you know just how much better ?I don?t think that?s correct, because?? yes it means almost the _same_thing. And yes, it?s a lot nicer and could have avoided this. Now it is good you?re apologizing, but please do back up your statements with provided data. It really helps. o_x;

Hate is a terrible thing, and to say just because someone acts out of manner (and she did do that) you hate them is terrible. And flame-like even.

Look?I can?t find a reason not to close this thread. Still, I believe you all have good intentions, so I?ll give it another shot. Let?s try to get back to the DS and PSP, and try to move on past the crude remarks and false statements that occurred in the past. Start clean, please? If another person comes along and does that, don?t explode! Wait for a mod to handle any flames, and you can certainly counter false statements, but do it in a clam manner. I know it?s hard when you?ve delt with like, a million of them, but please?do.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Kairi said:
    I didn?t point you out specifically. I don?t want either of you to. If one person is presenting false, unbacked information then you can inform them of this. And you are. The problem is in a bit harsh of a manner, and that goes for both of you. My apologies if I didn?t make this clear before.

See? Right there. Maybe they are hating on you and annoying you (though I?m not saying it?s necessarily true) but there?s no need to call them that. If they?re really being a pain and not listening?just don?t give them attention, don?t post.
    Pogiforce, you shouldn?t be directly labeling her statements as lies. Do you know just how much better ?I don?t think that?s correct, because?? yes it means almost the _same_thing. And yes, it?s a lot nicer and could have avoided this. Now it is good you?re apologizing, but please do back up your statements with provided data. It really helps. o_x;

Hate is a terrible thing, and to say just because someone acts out of manner (and she did do that) you hate them is terrible. And flame-like even.

Look?I can?t find a reason not to close this thread. Still, I believe you all have good intentions, so I?ll give it another shot. Let?s try to get back to the DS and PSP, and try to move on past the crude remarks and false statements that occurred in the past. Start clean, please? If another person comes along and does that, don?t explode! Wait for a mod to handle any flames, and you can certainly counter false statements, but do it in a clam manner. I know it?s hard when you?ve delt with like, a million of them, but please?do.
    Harsh manor? I originally posted all of the facts nicely, without being mean, but then the morons like fudge come along. They try to refute the most obvious truths.
    Some statements may not be so obvious, so thats when 'technical' understanding is needed. I don't know why people try to refute stuff that they don't know about. Just leave those things to Me/Kenny/Sarah.

I bet if I told fudge the sky was blue, being the moron he is, he would say something retarded, like the sky is silver. And no, I am not being sarcastic, this is what I believe.

And the staff/mods never do their jobs. If their jobs were done, then(no offense) Fudge would have been banned a long time ago, and Sarah would have been promoted to S-mod(XD)

Don't give them attention? That makes this alot easier for me. Usually people say that little kids do bad things to get attention. Fudge is definetly one of these little kids, and he needs to stay out of adult talk.

You all may say 'fudge stop doing this and that...'
    but have you really done anything to enforce it?
    He keeps doing exactly what we ask him not to do, and he obviously disacknowlages us.
    Not only is he an idiot, but he tries to defy the power of the mods, like he is better than one.

This is a heated topic, and I hate it when morons like fudge get away with what they say/do, but I am warned/flamed more than him.
    If I am hated that much, then perhaps I should leave PC.

Last edited:
    Years
    Right now I could explode so majorly that you'd wish you were never alive. but I won't, I will show self control, and not burn over 10 minutes giving more reasons why I don't like you. I could, but I won't.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Flygon_trainer said:
    Right now I could explode so majorly that you'd wish you were never alive. but I won't, I will show self control, and not burn over 10 minutes giving more reasons why I don't like you. I could, but I won't.
    You would explode? Why? Because I(or Sarah) has proven everything that DS supporters say, to be wrong?

Why don't you take my challenge, like I said in my other post?

Try to find just one post of mine that shows 'my ego'?
    Just no post that says 'I think' or 'My opinion is' or something like that.

You won't be able to find one, because all of my information is from Nintendo/Sony themselves, and posting that information is all that I do.

-If you choose one of my posts that is an opinion, it just shows another example of someone who thinks their opinion is better than mine.

-If you choose one of my posts that is information, it is not wrong, because I have gotten all my info from the makers themselves.

Or are you just mad, because I can refute some people's nonsense easily?
    Just because I have proven people wrong(usually the morons), doesn't provide stable grounds, onto the basis that you hate me.

Or maybe you just hate me because I am Pro-PSP? Thats my right to choose what I like.

I seriously don't care if you hate me, or how-many dumb remarks you have, to say that I am a bad person.

Its like Sarah said: with every post I make, your chances of 'proving' the DS is better, gets smaller and smaller.

I can see why you would be mad(hey are you ready for my first ego remark?), because the knowlage I hold is far superior than yours.
    (ooohhh that feels soo good to do what everybody else is doing)XD
    (jk)

I don't need your remarks, on how you could make me feel bad.
    Your probably just pissed, because I threw your GPS sucks thing, out the window easily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back