• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally, Facts about DS and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brittany why did you have to start the account LittleFascistPanties16 to say something in this thread (same IP and kind of funny that a new member would make her first post in here in a heated topic and then leave.

And yeti z32 I know the name of your real account so you better stop spaming.

Yea but that was when I was half a sleep Shadow. XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Circle

I made a new name because first of all, I'm not 15 anymore. And Brittany15 is a retarded name. I thought you guys would figure out who I am just by what I said, plus the number at the end(trying to make it a little obvious here). And my sig used the same poem that I had when I first went to PC. Plus my screename was the same as before...

Its not like a new member would just post to say Fudge is a moron in her first post, eh? Anyways, all of Fudges posts are demeaning and somewhat retarded.

Anyways, to Dakota, I've seen too many PS2s come back into my store because somebody tried to modify them, but they didn't know what they were doing. And regardless, its still not easy to mod a PS2, just easier than GCN. It is really hard to mod a GCN. However, I even have my PS2 modified, I'm just saying that its not easy. My PS2 is modified to play PAL and NTSC games.

aaaaaa

*watches all the blank stares, then raises her own hand*
    It's not just a difficult install, but the latest V9/V10 PS2's aren't just difficult, they're suicidal. if the laser has to read the disc for more than 40 seconds on boot, a low quality media for example, the laser controller chip gets a feedback call from the BIOS and boom, dead PS2. V9 Syndrome, we call it

Last edited:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    I'm gonna call it V9 syndrome from now on. Anyways, it is suicidal to mod your PS2. The only PS2s that have come into my store for fixing were childish morons that think nothing will go wrong in the process.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I know this may sound really stupid but does Animal Crossing use any of those features Kenny posted. Animal Crossing kinda amazed me, because if you could trade items from continent to continent.

Its kinda weird. I know it changes the seasons and stuff by the clock on the GCN(I've tweaked it a couple of times.)

But what is this technology that allows use to trade like this?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    The system itself has an internal clock, that's how the realtime action worked. I learned that since I used to need Animal Crossing to move ahead or backwards in time and the only way to do so WITHOUT the game knowing is via the interal clock within teh GCN (somehow this info relays to the memory card and "corrects" the time discrepencies). Telling you the truth, I still have no idea how the realtime thing worked even now (if my memory card game was a couple months ahead of the clock, my memory card still has the current month. However, If I change the time on the internal clock (say back by 3 hours), the memory card moves back by 3 hours. My theory is that the memory card changes its format whenever a internal clock fix is done and it only changes by the specified amount.). But no, I don't think this has anything to do with the specs of the machine itself. lol

And international trading is just a password system (I think they have the program for you to get any item you want now...).

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Did you even think of this

:\
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    Onto pirating. Seriously, pirating is getting worst by the minute and has become a major problem that Sony is facing. The truth is that whenever a company makes a game, they want to make the most profit out of it.
    It's Kinda funny, because GBA games are the easiest to Pirate... you don't even need a GBA to play the games, all you need is an emulator.

I know that there are PS2 and GCN emulators, but they all suck in gaming quality. GBA is obviously pirated the most, there are millions of roms scattered on the internet. GCN has more emulators and roms than PS2 does also...

They lose money on their games AND their consoles.

So, ahem...
    Onto pirating. Seriously, pirating is getting worst by the minute and has become a major problem that Nintendo is facing. The truth is that whenever a company makes a game, they want to make the most profit out of it. ;)

IGN said:
    The largest Japanese independent gamemakers, Konami, Capcom, Square Enix and Koei, are all working on releasing versions of existing games on the PSP or not at all.
    IGN said:
    Sony Computer Entertainment shared a few details about some upcoming PSP expansion products today at a press conference held in Tokyo. In addition to the first demonstration of a headset microphone device, the company made mention of a USB camera device for the system. This device is apparently advanced beyond the PS2 Eye Toy peripheral

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    A running GCN emulator that can play games? Maybe I?m behind, but I?d love to see that. o_o; I know the PS2 has an emulator that will play a few games and demos, but I haven?t heard of a GCN one.
    The GBA is very prone to it, yes, but the GCN?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I'm not exactly a tech savi person, and I'm not always up to date on these things. But from what I've heard, DS has already a fair sized game library as opposed to teh PSP which currently has no games. Also, It's fair to say that plenty of developers have sides with DS as well. This is only last I heard, and if there is new data on this, please correct me.

PErsonally, in my opinion, all though the PSP shows it has more support, the DS is a better system. TEH PSP may be able to play dvds,but the DS is capable of many more gaming functions than teh PSP could hope to replicate. The PSP is basically nothing more than a handheld of it's bigger counterpart,while the DS is so much more.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    No games?

Pogiforce-14 said:
    I'm not exactly a tech savi person, and I'm not always up to date on these things. But from what I've heard, DS has already a fair sized game library as opposed to teh PSP which currently has no games. Also, It's fair to say that plenty of developers have sides with DS as well. This is only last I heard, and if there is new data on this, please correct me.

PErsonally, in my opinion, all though the PSP shows it has more support, the DS is a better system. TEH PSP may be able to play dvds,but the DS is capable of many more gaming functions than teh PSP could hope to replicate. The PSP is basically nothing more than a handheld of it's bigger counterpart,while the DS is so much more.
    No games?
    IGN said:
    ACTIVISION - 2 PSP titles by March 2005

ATARI - Several titles planned for US

ATLUS - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

BANDAI - No confirmed titles, but is expected to announce plans soon

BANPRESTO - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - Titles in development; has not announced plans

CAPCOM - At least 1 planned title at Japanese launch

CODEMASTERS - In development of titles (and prospective teams for said titles)

CHUNSOFT - Evaluating prospects of new title in the SOUND NOVEL series

DORASU CORPORATION - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

D3 - No confirmed titles but heavily considering software development (likely an edition of the SIMPLE XXXX series for PSP)

EA - Four titles planned at launch; 8-12 total US games by March 2005; Several planned titles at new EA studio; Several planned titles at other development houses for EA

EIDOS - Titles in development; has not announced plans

FROM SOFTWARE - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

HUDSON SOFT - Multiple titles in development

IREM - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

KOEI - 3 planned titles at Japanese launch; 1 planned title at US launch

KONAMI - Multiple titles planned title at Japanese launch; Expected multiple titles at US launch

LucasArts - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

MAJESCO - Titles in development; has not announced plans

MIDWAY GAMES - Titles in development; has not announced plans

MTO - Titles in development; has not announced plans

NAMCO - 2-3 planned titles at Japanese & US launch

NATSUME/ VIS - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

NIPPON ICHI - 1 title in development for release shortly after launch for Japan

NOW PRODUCTION - Titles in development; has not announced plans

PLAYLOGIC - Has signed PSP Racer project for publishing from EngineSoftware; Still evaluating further development

PUBLISHING IDENTITY SVENSKA - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

SAMMY - Titles in development; has not announced plans

SEGA - Has multiple PSP titles in development

SNK Playmore - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

SPIKE - Titles in development; has not announced plans

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT - Multiple titles in development for Japan, US and European launch

SQUARE ENIX - UMD release of Final Fantasy: Advent Children; further plans unannounced

TAITO - 1 title in development

TAKE-2 / ROCKSTAR GAMES / GLOBALSTAR MULTIMEDIA - Multiple titles at or shortly after US launch

TECMO - Team Ninja project in the works; still evaluating system for further plans

THQ - Select titles to be released at PSP launch

TOMY - (*No titles planned, still evaluating system)

UBISOFT - Has not announced planned titles, but is in development on titles

Go to IGN and see EA's demos. They look even better than PS2 to me.;)
    The link

And Square DOES have plans for PSP other than Advent Children, I told you guys all along...

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I said I was using old data. At anyrate, Nintendo has still revealed more of their future titles than PSP has. And I still consider teh DS the superior system, regardless of the numbers. Frankly I think teh only reason why Nintendo isn't doing as well as it used to is that teh bloodthirsty side of humanity enjoys the gore found in most PS games and the players of those keeps down talkig nintendo, making it rather downtrodden and gives it a bad appearance. meaning people are disheartened form investing in Nintendo. If you think this means I blame PS for Nintendo's lag you're right. I'm not going to deny it. Frankly I think when nintendo drops to PS's level of doing things by making that gorey Zelda game they've got in the making, they just may steal back some of their thunder.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    I said I was using old data. At anyrate, Nintendo has still revealed more of their future titles than PSP has. And I still consider teh DS the superior system, regardless of the numbers. Frankly I think teh only reason why Nintendo isn't doing as well as it used to is that teh bloodthirsty side of humanity enjoys the gore found in most PS games and the players of those keeps down talkig nintendo, making it rather downtrodden and gives it a bad appearance. meaning people are disheartened form investing in Nintendo. If you think this means I blame PS for Nintendo's lag you're right. I'm not going to deny it. Frankly I think when nintendo drops to PS's level of doing things by making that gorey Zelda game they've got in the making, they just may steal back some of their thunder.
    Not all of their games are filled with blood and gore, lol, you can have full choice over what you buy.

:surprised Also, look at the picture of the memory card. 32MB. Thats 4x more than PS2, so you can throw your 'it doesent have enough space' right out of the window. The most you'll ever need is two.:)

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    OK you made your point, the PSP has companies making games for the PSP. But the DS has 100 companies that is going to make games for it.
    And Pogiforce has a point. Most people will want some killing in games, blowing up stuff, and that kind of stuff you will find most of it on the PS2 and the X-Box.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    You made your point too...

Arcanine said:
    OK you made your point, the PSP has companies making games for the PSP. But the DS has 100 companies that is going to make games for it.
    And Pogiforce has a point. Most people will want some killing in games, blowing up stuff, and that kind of stuff you will find most of it on the PS2 and the X-Box.
    Does it matter how-many companies they have, or games they produce?
    In my opininon, its all about the quality of the games and/or storyline.
    I think PSP will be the victor on this issue, but as I have said a million times, we will just have to wait and see. I just don't feel like playing Mario for the rest of my life...

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    If it was purely based on the specs, we'd all be playing Sonic for the rest of our lives. (And we all should anyway ;-) )

My point is, specs don't prove anything. Look at the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast for example - both were ahead of their time, and the DC even had online capability. Unfortunately, they were a little too advanced, and unfortunately Sega's consoles bombed in comparison to slightly cheaper rivals with less fancy gadgets.

Just my coupla coins

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Toothache said:
    My point is, specs don't prove anything. Look at the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast for example - both were ahead of their time, and the DC even had online capability. Unfortunately, they were a little too advanced, and unfortunately Sega's consoles bombed in comparison to slightly cheaper rivals with less fancy gadgets.

Just my coupla coins
    I don't think Dreamcast really had a time. Dreamcast was after N64 and PS1, but before PS2, GCN, Xbox. Really bad timing, right after its put in stores, the other consoles come and nobody want a Dreamcast.

I, for one, think Dreamcast was a great system, I just think it was bad timing.

And Playstation 1/2 had good success.

:\
    I don't really think PSP is ahead of its time. Its more like DS is behind its time.

aaaaaa

The Dreamcast failed because of a lack of ability to market the product.
    Nothing to do with its specs. It's all marketing.
    And Sony have that.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    To.....much...to...read.....on....28.8K....modem......because....I'm....on.....vacation
    :P
    Anyway, just here to report some amazing news I found (some reported my me :P) in the past 2-3 days.

1. The Nintendo DS's final name and model have been revealed. (Don't like where the power button is but some say you have to hold it for a few seconds before the DS goes off).

2. Altus has confirmed 5 new titles for the DS including a new Snowboard Kids title.
    3. Square-Enix has confirmed 2 more titles for the DS including a new title from the Mana series and a Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest title. S-E is also asking which games you would like to see from the SNES to the DS, remade is my guess because a direct port of any SNES game would just be a waste on the DS.
    4. And finally. Nintendo has backed up the fact that there is 120 games in development by releasing a huge new list of games here (Note: This is from Nintendo Japan).

Sources of information: Planet GameCube, DS Insider, & Nintendo Japan.

Edit: I just read this page of the thread, because I wanted to see if my post had errors, and it reminds me of the System Wars forum in Gamespot. :lol: I want to reply to a few, but I hate 28.8K. >< So, I'll just post my replies here. First of is addressing Brittany, where did you see that S-E confirmed a game ttile for the PSP in development? All I saw in recent news is that they have another FF7 spinoff other then Before Crisis for mobile phones and the movie, but they never said what it'd be for...... don't mislead people, the only S-E is releasing for the PSP right now is FF:AC in UMD format. The other is to the person who said Sony is the only one making profits on their console, that isn't true, actually Gamespot just got the Q1 Fiscal year reports from M$, Nintendo, and Sony and the only company losing profits is M$. M$ has lost almost $2.5 Million on X-Box, and continue to lost money for every one sold. While Sony and Nintendo each made profit of about $205 Million(Sony made closer to $210 Million) upto now, and Nintendo continues to get money from each GC and GBA sold even though they have 3 "pillars" in development right now. Note: Still reading some of these posts, I recommend some of you check gaming sites for the latest news on the DS and the PSP instead of making up news about them before posting rumors and things that still have not been confirmed like battery life and prices(And no, don't tell me the DS is $200 or $179.99 because I've read up on them and they still aren't final prices from Nintendo them-selves). Also, don't you dare call me a Nintendo fanboy, because I have a PoS2 and a GC and I know that the PoS2 is better because of games, but this isn't the same case, Nintendo can't afford to lost the handheld market and they are making the right decisions this time around, this isn't another 64 vs. PS era. Any bashing or replies I'll get I'll respond to when I get back home. (Most likely from the 3 who have been defending the PSP to death on here).

Last edited:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    jj984jj said:
    So, I'll just post my replies here. First of is addressing Brittany, where did you see that S-E confirmed a game ttile for the PSP in development? All I saw in recent news is that they have another FF7 spinoff other then Before Crisis for mobile phones and the movie, but they never said what it'd be for...... don't mislead people, the only S-E is releasing for the PSP right now is FF:AC in UMD format.
    I'm not misleading people. Go to IGN. Under the list Square has FFVII-AC, plus unannounced plans.

I'll try to make this simple:
    Plans means that they are planning multiple things(games maybe?) for PSP
    Unannounced means that its not revealed.
    Put the words together, and it means there are games for PSP, that haven't been revealed to the public. Not hard to understand.

That said it all, but I think that I will break it down slowly for you.

IGN. Look at the list of game producers for PSP.....Square-Enix! They said that FF7-AC on UMD is confirmed, and other their plans for PSP are... unannounced? That means that they have something for the PSP, its just that they havent released info on it yet. But if thats not good enough...

In a recent edition of the magazine Quiter, they have confirmed that they have something other than FFVII-AC in store for PSP, but they are close-lipped about what it is.

They recently revealed information on two new items to be added to The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII one of which, to become a game(featuring Vincint, but no word on Cloud yet), and the other was unnanounced.

What are the possibilities for the two addtions?
    -They have already commented that there will not be a FFVII game on PS2, so that is out of the question
    -They have already gotten a bunch of cell-phone games(including BC-FFVII)
    -another movie is not an option, because they are already WAY behind schedule with Advent Children(remember it was supposed to be released early this Summer, but now its release date is Spring 2005).

What do you expect? A FFVII board game? How about a good old book? PSP seems to be the most logical explanation here... because they released this info just after they signed up with PSP.
    Nomura from translated article said:
    - Nomura said, "Since it is called a "compilation," I don't think it is finished with only these two titles (laughs)."

-Square signs up as a developer for PSP
    -Unannounced PSP plans(other than FFVII-AC on UMD)
    -new parts of Compilation of Final Fantasy VII are added
    -The fact that they won't do a FFVII PS2 game, movie, or cell-phone game

Do the math dear. There will Definetly be a Square game for PSP. Most-likely a FFVII game though.

I believe the Quiter articles can be found at AdventChildren.net.

PS- kinda off topic, but has anyone noticed that all of the AC chars have pink ribbons on their arms besides Cloud? Maybe Cloud hates Aerith now, but thats ok, Aerith+Tifa should have been together the entire time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back