• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First- and Second-gen fans unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • What was your first party of pokes?

Oh jeez, I doubt I could remember... um...

Charizard
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Articuno
    Kabutops
    Gyarados

I think that was my Elite Four Team.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • well my first team was in sapphire ^^"

but the first "old tyme" game was a stolen crystal from my brother.
    my team was:

Cyndaquil
    Hoothoot
    Sentret

as you can see, I didn't get too far.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I understand that and I might have played Crystal at some point in an emulator and even then I did not get too far either since I was busy with Silver still. There might be time for me to play Crystal again since school does not start for me until the middle of September and I have already finished Diamond among other games that I have been playing recently.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I finished Gold, then Silver, then Crystal if I can remember correctly. XD You know, I really wish the memory cartridges didn't die after seven years, I'd still love to play them. v_v Who's G/S/C actually work? XD Even if they're on the net, those classics are better in my GBA. :)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For nostalgia's sake, I'll join. In my opinion, the first and second generation games were the best. Not because of the graphics nor the gameplay (which were much better in the later games) but because the Pokémon were original, the games were original and everyone liked Pokémon back then so you didn't have to hide the fact that you played the games. Nowadays, regarding the status quo, Pokémon is at the bottom of the food chain and that has nearly destroyed Pokémon as a whole.

What was your first party of pokes?

Damn, that's a pretty hard one but I think it went in this order:

1. Charizard
    2. Articuno
    3. Blastoise
    4. Vanasaur
    5. Dragonite
    6. Mewtwo

That was the team I had after I beat the Elite Four in Pokémon Blue. I managed to trick my friends into trading me their started Pokémon.

I finished Gold, then Silver, then Crystal if I can remember correctly. XD You know, I really wish the memory cartridges didn't die after seven years, I'd still love to play them. v_v Who's G/S/C actually work? XD Even if they're on the net, those classics are better in my GBA. :)

Yep, all of my old school versions work, thankfully.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Actually, you can just replace the battery. Get a tool for the Security Nut, open the case, replace the battery (its a 2025 i believe), solder it in place and boom! A GSC game ready for another 7 years! :)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That sounds about right, all that happened is the battery died and the good thing is that you can find CR2025 button cells at just about any store. A direct replacement for them if you cannot find CR2025 is CR2032 as the voltage is exactly the same, 3 volts for both CR2025 and CR2032 and the only difference is that the CR2032 is just slightly larger.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • We need a new topic. Why are Gens I - II better than Gens III & IV?
    Because most of the new pokes are kinda wierd. Gen IV was just terrible.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It is hard to say for me but a big reason is that the anime had quite a bit going for it at that time especially in generation I but I hated what happened to it during generation II and it was also when I could not wait to watch the latest dub episodes airing on Kids WB but this all came to an end in 2003. One thing that the games had going for them is the unique feel of Johto, it kind of had a historic feel in many of the cities also the Pokemon were unique and creative.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • because on I it was like wow this is something i have never played before and II mainly because of the fact that there was 16 yep count them 16 gym badges which made them long and the head butt trees and III was decent because it was still sort of original but IIII was just plain bad i hope that people dont start off there pokemon journey on IIII because if they do they will be very disappointed and also I and II had great replay value III did a little but IIII after you beat it it is BORING!!!!!!

Years
  • What was your first party of pokes?
    -Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, Dewgong, Artiucno

Why are Gens I - II better than Gens III & IV?
    -the origional is ALWAYS better...always XD

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • because on I it was like wow this is something i have never played before and II mainly because of the fact that there was 16 yep count them 16 gym badges which made them long and the head butt trees and III was decent because it was still sort of original but IIII was just plain bad i hope that people dont start off there pokemon journey on IIII because if they do they will be very disappointed and also I and II had great replay value III did a little but IIII after you beat it it is BORING!!!!!!
    Dont get me started. I completed my pokedex for Gen IV in 4 months. I took me 2 years for Red; I never did for GSC (came close but got stuck around 245/251), and didnt for RSE or FRLG. I was very disappointed. I did like the snow routes (which I wanted in Johto), but otherwise Generation IV has been the most disappointing yet. I'll go back to Gens II or III now.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I never completed a Pokedex back in those days. What I mainly did was to battle the gym leaders, defeat the elite four, and do some stuff afterward then move onto another game. Kind of stupid but then again I am in a very small town (the population is less than 700) and as a result did not know many people who played the games nor had a link cable. Generation 4 added a few things that I liked but then again it was disappointing in some aspects as well but I really like the online battle and trade capabilities introduced in this generation.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, Crystal did have the first Wi-fi capable system. In Japan the Pokemon Communication Center was in Goldenrod City and used Cell Phones to enable wireless trading and battling. That was the basis for the GBA Wireless Adapter and the current GTS/Pokemon Wi-Fi Battle network as well as the Wii and DS's own internet connections. So, we can (A) Thank Pokemon for Wi-fi gaming on consoles and (B) thank Generation II for starting it!

lord_hardware

Lord Hardware
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    Firstly i welcome myself to this fine club... my girlfriend is buying me the complete season one boxset for my 18th :D i recently got into hacking and wouldnt dream of having any pokemoin in it that were newer then silver... my favorite pokemon is blastoise :) but im partial to the pydgy evo's... i dont exactly know what it is about the origianal series that made me fall in love with the games and show but their is a brilliance to it that just hasnt been beaten yet... (although medabots caught my eye for a while)...

btw does anyone know the name of the hack that the dude was making that was truer to the anime series?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back