• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
  • though i would like it to be back, i know it wont. with the improvement in graphics, more pokemon sprites, possibly a bigger area, the ds wouldnt be able to handle another 600 or so walking sprites.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I'd like to have a function to turn it on/off, but from what I've seen, I don't think it will be included... Too bad.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    After the complete amazingness that was in HGSS with sprites for even the "shiny" formes, I thought it would be a staple for all future games... I still have hope but I'm not sure anymore.

Years
  • I hope they make it return.

Sadly, I don't think it will.

I know with the first screenies they don't want to reveal new pokemon, but surely they'd have had a Pikachu following you around?

Yeah, I spotted this well before other people...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I want it, I haven't experienced it, on HGSS, yet. With the starters revealed, I was expecting to see them following you, but when I didn't my hopes got crushed. However, if you come to think of it, with all the camera angles and whatnot, you do you think that they could really add the Follow Me feature?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    Selectable is a must. I got bored of my rayquaza dissapearing down small paths/indoors mind. But I loved the feature. Made me feel more THERE!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    The "Follow-Me" feature was probably one of my favorite in Heart Gold. If they got rid of it, It wouldn't be cool, but I wouldn't freak out over it, but they should add it in, because many people like it, but as a selectable option would work well too!

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • They BETTER have that feature in! If they don't I'm going to fine them a million dollars! I want it to be optional.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • It was an OK feature, I didn't mind it. I never played Yellow so it was quite new.
    It really won't hurt if it doesn't come back. Even if it was a nice touch, the 3D will be even nicer ! ^^
    Plus, I see a reason : how hard would it be to show all these Pokemon in full 3D ?? :-|

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Chances are IF it is; it is a selectable option. For any pre-release screens, it's probably turned off as to not show off any new unknown Pokemon.

However, as others before me have said it's probably not available. Why they use the storage they use now for DS games for now is beyond me? Why can't they move onto something like a bootable SD Card? It could make the game a LOT bigger, especially if it were like 8GB or 16GB. I think most games would even fit on a 1GB or 2GB SD Card. If I remember right, Emerald was 17,000 kb; and D/P were like 64,000 kb. So Platinum, was probably around 80,000 kb; and HG/SS was probably somewhere in the 100,000 kb - 150,000 kb. Now if I'm correct then the DS should play games on an SD card considering that 1 GB is 1048576 kb.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Frankly, I wouldn't mind either way. If it's not there, fine by me. Same thing if it's there. A selectable option would be pretty cool though, I admit.

Years
  • I really wanted the follow me feature to make a comeback. It made me bond with my little pixel pokemon. :< It added something small, but enjoyable into the game.

Ayselipera

I loved the follow-me feature. I actually got excited seeing what the Pokemon behind me would look like after evolving and I loved bringing certain Pokemon to certain areas just to see what they would do. I have a feeling it's gone for now though. Hopefully it will make a come back in the third version of the Black and White trio.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    While the feature was really cool, I found it didn't have much use in the game. Wouldn't care if they left out, but would love it if they kept it in.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i say make it optional :3
    you can choose which follows you,or none at all
    cuz itll be so much more fun :3
    plus my beginner will always follow me :P

While the feature was really cool, I found it didn't have much use in the game. Wouldn't care if they left out, but would love it if they kept it in.

if had ALOT of use in game
    it helped evolve friendship pokemon in half the time

Last edited:
    Years
  • if its in B/W, i hope they improve it (eg like a pokemon with pickup can give you the item after battle (or let you know it has one). and the shiny leaf/crown should be a specific pokemonequip item that allows the pokemon to look shiny. sine both getting a shiny leaf and an actual shiny are hard enough, if you form a crown, it can get a shiny sheen effect.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I really hope that it is at least included as an option. Pokémon Yellow was my first game and I remember how fun it was to have that little guy following me around as I traversed dangerous caves and creamed Team Rocket time and time again. I was overjoyed when I found out that they were bringing it back in Heart Gold/Soul Silver and I'll be just as happy if they incorporate it into Black & White as well.

Back