• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Funny/Unusual Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I never get nicknamed Pokemon in trades.. well, I do, but they're usually uninspired trite like Bob ftw and stuff. I'm usually the ones naming things and sending them out into the wilds.. where I'm sure they go pretty much unappericated..

I've been naming a series of Omanytes Ohman or Starpower from fossil runs.. as well as Kabuto Tops.. Archen Covert Ops.. Shieldon Clasher or Fort Mugston.. Cranidos Bonkers or Basher.. I bred up a series of Hawlucha and tried to give them fake luchador names in spanish which roughly translated into The Falcon or The Eagle, Lady Talon etc. (they look much more impressive with spanish spelling) .. Birdman. Run into a few Aerodactlys, they usually get called Hellion. I've probably hatched more eggs and done more fossil runs in this generation than I ever had previous. I think thats a good thing.

Some of my personal favorites that I don't part with -- Samba the ludicolo, Ikabod the Pumpkaboo (which I caught on halloween ironically) Gallows the Trevenant, Gobot the Golurk, Oinkboink the Spoink, Zeep the Zangoose, Veep the Seviper, Boodaddy the Bannette, Nitro the Talonflame, Rioda the female Gurdurr, Dahbuzzer the Electabuzz.. the list goes on.

Last edited:

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • i got wondertraded a charmander named Ron Weasley and i laughed so hard idk why but i found it funny. then i traded it to my best friend for laughs

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I got a magnetmite named polarity, that made me giggle. I really want to name a lunatone Serena knowing moonblast. Points for getting the reference. :D

Years
  • I name my Pokemon after Zanpakuto from the anime/manga Bleach. My Raichu is Gonryomaru, Gyarados is Nejibana, Lucario is Tenken (Mega Evolution is Bankai lol), Delphox is Ryujin Jakka, and others that I can't remember.

FazedLucifer

Elite 4 "Dragon God" Ryujin
    Years
  • Quote from marriland "Derp Bunny" for Bunnelby

PS. i got this from a meme but im so gonna do it im gonna name my yveltal FlufflePuff and not use it and feed this god of destruction cupcakes and pet it all day

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    My friend wanted one of the Male Litleo I had caught to start his game out with... He traded me a Skiddo named TsteDaRainbow, I put a rare candy on him and sent it off onto the wonder trade. My other friend traded me a Bunnelby nicknamed Bunnytron for a Weedle(He has Y and wasn't running into any weedles at the start).

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Caught some Jynx and nicknamed them Mrs. Popo and I've nicknamed named Scraggy Getemup before.

Years
  • I haven't gotten many odd named pokemon through wonder trade, but a couple were:

"titty" the foongus

"no gender?" the carbink.

BunnyRice

Busy with breed requests! ♥
    Years
  • Seeing a Lickitung named Miley Cyrus was the highlight of my online experience.

I feel guilty now because I've sent out plenty of Pokemon named Miley Cyrus as well as other silly Celebrity names when i sent them off into wonder trade. Now I give the pokemon actually suiting nicknames before sending them off because I felt trolly before.

But the best nickname in my Wonder Trade experience is my Kabuto named Pooper Scooper.
    AND this Kabuto won me first place Loto-ID! It is my lucky Pooper Scooper.

I also sent out a few Luvdisc with the names "Love Me Now" or "Mine?", "My Valentine?", "Marry Me?", "I love you!". x; ...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    I name most of my pokemon after mythical creatures from legends, greek/roman/mayan/(other ancient civilizations) gods and deities. So I always try to pick good fitting names. I also have a bellossom named Azalea after a poisonous flower i found on wikipedia and a reuniclus named Krieger. (german word for warrior) As for amusing wonder trades I received a pikachu on wonder trade named fffffffffffffffubbbbs for some reason i found that very amusing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    I like to name my Trainer "Uh, He" Or, "Uh, She". So, say you capture a pokemon, it will read, "Uh, She caught a squirtle" I like to amuse myself :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I got a Froakie named Froabble in a trade yesterday. Had no idea it was the nickname of the Froakie Shauna gives you at the end of the game if you chose a Chespin. I thought it was pretty funny, but nowhere near as funny as Kinniekins the Fennekin!

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I got a garbador from wondertrade the other day called Robin Thicke XD
    My cousin also named her Jynx Nicky Minaj

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back