• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you regret playing?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • Pretty much any crappy party game for the Wii.

About a year back, my aunt and my younger cousin were living in my place while she was in between jobs. My cousin was enamored by my Wii and even got his mom to by some Wii games for him so he can hog my Wii playing these crappy party games that I ended up playing with him when he didn't want to play alone. I tried to coax him into playing a good party game like Smash Bros. Brawl, but he insisted I was cheating everytime I beat him. XD

...the worst part of the deal was that I had to hide my M-rated games away while they were around, so I had no NMH for a whole two months. D:

Years
  • Anything close to Runescape. Only nerds in my opinion play it. The exact same for World of Warcraft, mostly because of my interpretation of it on South Park.
    Way to be ignorant. I guess if you saw a parody showing that the only people who play Counter-Strike (or the like) are murderers who train their 'skills' you'd think that was true as well?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Animal Crossing City Folk.

I regret that any money had to be spent on the game. As an Animal Crossing fan I expected an Animal Crossing sequel on the Wii, not a downgraded port of Wild World.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    World of Warcraft, its alright, the game isnt SO bad but I just got bored with it after 2 months, and those 2 months felt like only two weeks, I played pretty much lol
    Runescape, I had played this for.. 3 years total? Nowadays the game is so screwed up you can barely do nothing there.. I have VERY good memories from it, though.
    Habbo, this is not an actual '' game '', but I really regret spending about 200-300 euros on it..

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Why is everyone mentioning online games? :/

I regret ever buying

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Dynasty Warriors in the future. 'Nuff said.

Super Dragon Ball Z - My god, this was the worst DBZ game I've ever seen. The fighting system was terrible and confusing, limited character selection, no unlockables, and no tutorial.

Fallout 3(kind of) - Well the gameplay was so amazing, -> No srsly, Ending spoilers. ->
    Spoiler:
    Besides that, I love the game with all of my heart.

There's way more buuut.. I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
  • Drawn to Life- terrible game play and ending
    Nintendogs- gets really boring after a while
    Mario Hoops 3-on-3 - i thought i would like it because it had final fantasy characters in it, but the actual game itself just plain failed

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    naruto ninja council two for ds i hated it and the sad thing is i bought for 50 bucks >]

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Hah. :[

Um, I regret playing Nintendogs so much. ;;
    Spyro: A New Beginning on the DS sucked too.
    Anddd Pokemon Battle Revolution. Do I even need to explain?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • wow, no one has mentioned FFX-2.
    X-2 just had bad storyline and raep'd the existing characters. That is all.
    The battle/chain and Dressphere system were actually pretty interesting.

I actually regret buying and playing Pokemon Platinum now.
    Pretty much the same as Pearl, and if I knew HG/SS was coming out in a years time, I wouldn't have gotten it.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution
    I'm pretty sure this is common sense. If you've played it, you should know why.

Blue Dragon
    I got this 360 RPG for really cheap, and when I played it I understood why.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    I really hate the gameplay in this game. I don't know why, I just do.

And am I the only person who liked Sonic and the Secret Rings? ;.;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Also, Tales of Vesperia and only because I wasted 60 bucks, and the PS3 is getting a more complete version so to speak. It's a more of a regret paying than paying. ;D

Last edited:
    Years
  • And am I the only person who liked Sonic and the Secret Rings? ;.;

No, I liked it. XD

Here are some games I regret playing.

Final Fantasy VII
    The Reason? The characters and storyline didn't appeal to me that much. Cloud was one of the most unlikeable Final Fantasy characters in my opinion, and Sephiroth just wasn't as badass as I expected him to be. Of course, the main components of the game are the ones that I don't like.

Essentially, hype failed.

Pokémon Sapphire Version
    The Reason? I played this game so much for the two years I had my original copy. I played it so much, that I maxed out the clock and went over by about a hundred hours.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    The Reason? The physics in this game were changed quite a bit from previous ones like THPS, THUG, and THPS2. They weren't changed in a good way, either, and my playing style adapted to them. Needless to say, I needed to retrain for my favorite Tony Hawk game (THPS3) Besides that, the fact that you had to find tricks in order to be able to use them was really stupid.

The Sims 3
    The Reason? Well, I don't regret it now, because my new laptop can actually handle the game. I regretted playing it on my old laptop, because it only met the bare minimum specs that were needed to play the game. The game ran horribly, but the Create-A-Style feature kept me coming back for more.

Tomb Raider: Revelation
    The Reason? I can't remember where now, but when I got to a certain point in the game, I got trapped somewhere and couldn't get out. The worst part was I saved in the area. I tried for hours on ways to get out, but none of them prevailed.

Halo
    The Reason? Console FPS controls and I are mortal enemies, let's put it that way. The reason why I started playing it was because I liked the storyline, but after a few hours of those horrid controls, I gave up and never picked the game up again. By the way, I only played it when it was still only on the Xbox.

NiGHTS Into Dreams...
    The Reason? I played this game at a friend's house a long time ago, but after the Saturn and the Dreamcast died. The game was just so good that I wanted it, but I could never get it. I never saw it in stores, and I didn't have the internet at the time (around late 2002, early 2003. Back then, I still only had a Tandy RLX 1000 computer with no modem).

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • lmao after playing about 4 hours into Elder Scrolls Oblivion, I hate it. The graphics are terrible and the rate of the game urks me. Not to mention it's not much of an RPG.

I'd much prefer Fable to this.

InfinIcy

I like Metroids.
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Rock Band 1 (Wii Version) - No online, character creation, or compatibility with Wii les pauls? wth?! D: Other than that I liked it.

Any Rayman Raving Rabbids game - I blame the commercials for making them look awesome. :/

Kingdom Hearts 2: I rented it, and now I'll never be able to play it again since my PS3 doesn't play PS2 games and my PS2 won't read discs...:/ (I even kept it like...2 weeks after the day I was supposed to return it. lol)

GH Aerosmith and GH Metallica - I like these games but too much of the same artist/genre makes me lose interest. D: I won't mind GH Van Halen though, since I'm getting it free from that GH5 offer. :p

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - I like it, but since it's only a prologue, it lacks some stuff the other GT games had. :/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution: The customizable characters were the best "highlight" and even that's grasping for straws.

Pokemon Yellow: I hate Pikachu. Why did I play a game where it's the star? Torturing it and getting it mad at you is only fun for so long.

Animal Crossing DS: Picked this up when I thought I'd have easy access to Wi-fi. Turns out that didn't happen for two years after buying it, and there's only so much to do on your own.

I'm debating whether to add Avalon Code here. The odd controls, slow paced storyline, and weird gameplay elements are starting to frustrate me.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    RuneScape - Annoying after 4 days.
    Gaia Online - Can't even register.
    MySims DS - Where to begin? 4 times and I didn't get 1 star.
    Pokemon Battle Revolution - graphics and gameplay is a bit good, but dated. No easy multiplayer or story too.
    Mr. Bean for Wii - Graphics are terrible, song is terrible, no help at all!
    Animal Crossing SERIES - I wasted 20 minutes and ended up making an essay about how bad it was without using bad words.
    Halo SERIES - Really repetitive and felt worse than S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. Also, the graphics were kind of dated for me.
    GH World Tour, Aerosmith - World Tour froze every few seconds and Aerosmith... I hate that rock group, but I got it! How?
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (somehow, I have all 3) - Really bad, so annoying, but Emerald was a bit better, though. No real love.
    Sims 3 (before using my sis's computer) - didn't work or exploded my PC
    Sims 2 DS & GBA - GBA had too many glitches in it and the DS had no story.
    Avalon Code - slow, bad actions, never reading a 1700 page manual again.
    Sonic Rush - Really confusing and has bad songs. Bleh. Zone 4 was impossible.
    Pokemon Platinum - very repeated after I defeated Diamond 40 times.
    The Russian edition of Pirates of the Carribean 3 gave me a well-lost 8 hours. Then, I got bored of it.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • Runescape
    I was addicted to that game for 2 years, until, Jagex removed the wilderness. But I regret playing that game.

Pokemon Platinum
    I just felt like... I've done this before.

Animal Crossing
    GameCube: Still addicted after these long years.
    DS: No thanks.
    Wii: Go to hell, this game was not made for the Wii.

Pokemon Ranch
    Useless.

Adventure Quest
    It's just, bad... very bad. Although I did enjoy AQWorlds for a week.

Dragonfable
    "Have I played a game like this before?"

Super Smash Brawl
    After 8 straight hours of playing that game, the disc just randomly broke, it stopped working!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Pokemon dungen explorers of time. It was alright for an hour or so. After that it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasted 35 bucks on that game

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Explorers of Time isn't that bad. I got a good 40 hours out of it.

Anyway, Pac-Man World 3 is on my bad list and Kingdom Hearts 358 Days Over 2 is now in my possession.

Back