• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GDW

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • As you know, for a time I ran Game Development Weekly for several months while hPOKE was gone, however, when hPOKE reappeared he newer got around to starting GDW back up again, which is what I'm planning to do right now.

Right now, I'll be looking for people interested in writing for GDW, whether as a long-term writer, or a occasional one. As well, I'm also looking for those who want to be interviewed, or want their games to be reviewed/previewed. Those wishing to help with graphics - or anything at all, in fact - be sure to post also!

If you are interested at all, please post.

P.S. GDW will now stand for "Game Development World", to allow for less constraining posting dates.

For those who haven't read them previously these are the issues of GDW where I was editor:

GDW Issue 6
    GDW Issue 5
    GDW Issue 4

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    This idea sounds like it was great. It would like to be a writer. I would probably be an occasional one since I have some projects going on. Also I would love my game to be previewed and reviewed. It may still be in the planning stage but I have alot of ideas.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • It wasn't really mentioned anywhere, but if you ever need someone to do your graphical stuff then I'd be more than happy to help out with the GDW graphixs :D

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Glad to see GDW came back again. I don't mind being interviewed. Leave me a VM or PM if you need my help.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    If you want I can also do graphics, and it would be great for some of the work I was doing behind the scenes to be previewed here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I would like to be interviewed and have my game reviewed.
    I don't care if it is a bad review just so I can show how far the game has gone at a later date.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    PokemonMaster, check these out as references.
    These are the old GDW issues.
    GDW Issue 6
    GDW Issue 5
    GDW Issue 4

Yuoaman, you should add these into the post above to show newer users an example of the old GDW threads.
    Thanks. Took a look, seems rather an interesting read, but I myself would probably only looka t more recent stuff fotr the time being.

...Although, I suggest making it look prettier. Now, I know that doesn't take change the actual material, but, hey-some might like it better that way. (Including me.) No offense.

-PM260

Yuoaman

Years
  • PokemonMaster, check these out as references.
    These are the old GDW issues.
    GDW Issue 6
    GDW Issue 5
    GDW Issue 4

Yuoaman, you should add these into the post above to show newer users an example of the old GDW threads.

Thanks Neo, I'll edit up the post.

And, everyone, don't hesitate to post, even if you don't want to help, all input is welcome.

I'll also be contacting those who asked to help within the next week or so.

Years
  • Slightly random idea, but perhaps a podcast would be a more interesting way of having the group conversations (like in #6) than presenting it as a huge block of text? Just a thought, but it's worked at other game communities I've been a part of.

I'd offer to help, but my time is stretched enough as-is.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Slightly random idea, but perhaps a podcast would be a more interesting way of having the group conversations (like in #6) than presenting it as a huge block of text? Just a thought, but it's worked at other game communities I've been a part of.

I'd offer to help, but my time is stretched enough as-is.

However nice that would be, at the moment that would be impossible, as I don't have the necessary equipment.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that I am nearly done sending out the first batch of PMs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Ooh this is awesome, I fully support the GDW and can't wait to see it again.

Yuoaman

Years
  • I'm glad to hear that Kyle, it's always nice to hear that people enjoy what you produce!

Just an update for everyone: I've started the process, and will hopefully have the issue posted sometime in the next week or so.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Wow, I'd never noticed GDW before now but found this thread randomly and took a read. Read through the three previous issues and am lovin it.
    I would be happy to help out in any future issues in anyway. I have article writing experience as I used to write for a school paper (I might be a bit rusty but I'm sure I've still got it ;) ) and wouldn't mind writing articles.
    Lemme know however, and I'll be happy to help.

Laters all
    -Novus-

p.s. Can't wait for the next issue ;)

Back