• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GDW Issue 6 (The VGCats of PC!)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

GDW Issue 6 (The VGCats of PC!)

A letter from the Editor
    I'm not going to apologize for being late: first, because I already did; and second, because I would think that you guys understand how stressful the last month or so of school is...

But I have something I'm happy to announce. This issue of GDW has something which none of you have seen in this section before, we're calling this new addition a Round-Table Discussion, or Text-Cast. And I'm sure you'll all enjoy it. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank both Neo-Dragon and Waudby for being a part of it.

~~~
    Well, there have certainly been a number of interesting announcements since the last GDW, haven't there? But I have to admit that the one that excites me the most is the posting of Digimon World Alpha. It has been quite some time since we have seen a game in this section that was not centered on Pokemon. I know that this is a community based around Pokemon, but I don't think seeing a little more originality is too much to ask… Do you?

I'm not saying that Pokemon games can't be original; I think our community shows quite a bit of originality, just look at Odyssey and Protectors! They have more new features than nearly all of the other games combined!

I guess I should just cut to the chase, eh? What I'm trying to say is that we as a community should try harder to innovate, following the tried-and-true path won't always cut it, if we want to evolve as a community we have to entice them with something new.

Sincerely Yuoaman

Articles

Round-Table Discussion/Text-Cast
    **Warning**Wall of text**Warning**
    Spoiler:

Reviews

Morning Dawn Review
    by PyroYahtzee
    Spoiler:

Interviews

Interview with Dawson by Yuoaman

Spoiler:

Pick of the Week

Pokemon Morning Dawn by Atomic_Reactor
    Spoiler:

Blast From the Past

Pokemon Silk 2 by Neo-Dragon
    Spoiler:

Protip of the Week

Mapping Rural Routes
    by Yuoaman
    Spoiler:

Contact Us
    Thanks for reading the sixth issue of GDW, I hope you all enjoyed our content. Also, if any of you would like to write for GDW, whether it be a single article, or writing weekly, we would of course welcome you wholeheartedly.

Cheers,
    The GD Crew
    h POKE (on hiatus)
    Yuoaman
    PyroYahtzee
    riceeman (No content this issue)

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I enjoyed it. A nice long read from our conversation on MSN and a great interview with Dawson (thanks for the mention- and I smiled when I saw someone on the internet say something good about Infinite Undiscovery ha).
    A nice amount of content. The mapping tutorial seemed well done and I liked seeing Morning Dawn get 2 sections for itself (help draw attention to the demo).
    I look forward to the future issues.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    It was a pretty great issue guys.

i havent checked AR's thread in a while. heh, guess ill check it when i get home.

an as for the roundtable. had a few nice discussions. people seem to take critisism harshly but its only meant to improve your game, when i joined up though i didnt understand that myself for the first week in this section. but it was only a week XD. anyways yea it seems like the awareness and activity is dying back down to where this section was at the beggining of fall. (its like a pattern i guess, rises during the winter and summer seasons, and lowers during the fall and spring)

anyways great issue you guys

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I like it.
    It has many things that I would have liked to see in the next issue.

Atomic Reactor

Thanks for that little bit of publicity guys lol.
    Yeah, the music is wacky, and that kinda pisses me off cause i have no idea how to fix it without completely transfering all my maps and sprites to a new project basically.

That mapping tutorial thing looks realy good. That will hopefully help a few members with their mapping.

Sweet issue :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey, you posted the review of Silk2 in the blast from the past section. I think those screenshots still hold up today lol. Shame the game was pretty buggy, but as long as the player stuck with the rules and didn't try break the games systems it's not too noticeable.

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
    Years
    this was a really great read, i look forward to the next issue ^__^

also, the rural mapping tip is great.. i personally hate mapping things other than towns, so thanks .__.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    @everyone: Thanks for the comments and support everyone!

@monarc,: I'm actually the complete opposite, I have trouble with towns larger than a small city.

And everyone I edited the "Blast From the Past" article slightly.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Dawson's comments have sparked a bit of an inspiration firecracker under my a**. He's dead right - there's too many people who are biting off more than they can chew - I should know, as I tried to help one of them with his fangame..........haven't seen anything from him since. (No, Crazy Weavile, I don't mean you. :P ) And I don't plan on being one of them myself; I have ideas, yes, but REALISTIC ones that stand a chance of being done........once I learn how to code..... :(

Back