• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Computer Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    So, I took a look at my brother's new headset- the GameCom 377. I'm actually kind of jealous.

It feels really nice. I have a Carcharias, and there's a noticeable difference between the way the two feel. The Carcharias feels like there's pretty much nothing on, but the GameCom feels kind of tight. It's actually quite comfortable. The sound is nice, but not as good as the Carcharias. I heard with a headphone amp, it'll sound loads better.

I'll consider the GameCom line when I need a new headset.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, I took a look at my brother's new headset- the GameCom 377. I'm actually kind of jealous.

It feels really nice. I have a Carcharias, and there's a noticeable difference between the way the two feel. The Carcharias feels like there's pretty much nothing on, but the GameCom feels kind of tight. It's actually quite comfortable. The sound is nice, but not as good as the Carcharias. I heard with a headphone amp, it'll sound loads better.

I'll consider the GameCom line when I need a new headset.

I have a 367, which is the closed-ear model. ie, better sound isolation and bass. I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering what I payed for it. ($40 Aus).

Is it just me or is the current laptop market full of rubbish?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I have a 367, which is the closed-ear model. ie, better sound isolation and bass. I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering what I payed for it. ($40 Aus).
    Yeah, that's true. They're a lot cheaper than a Carcharias, so when mine breaks down, I know I'm getting a Gamecom.

Nah. I agree wholeheartedly. Then again, I'm far more biased towards desktops.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I have a 367, which is the closed-ear model. ie, better sound isolation and bass. I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering what I payed for it. ($40 Aus).

When has it ever been good?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Don't put the WD Greens in a RAID array. They're known to have issues and be moody in arrays. I know they're cheap, but it's not worth it.

I've been tossing up what to get myself for Xmas. At this point in time, I'm seriously considering forking out for an iPod Touch 32GB. Hmm....

Hmm, I've heard they actually are Ok as long as it's not a hardware RAID. I use Software RAIDs since I can't be bothered to spend the extra dough on the RAID card. (besides I don't think I need a Hardware RAID, since I'm just setting it up in a Mirrored RAID)

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • So I ended up getting my 23" Samsung monitor from my Dad for Christmas this year. Now I'm waiting on my adapter/dvi cord combo to arrive so I can hook that bad boy up. Also it has made me realize that my desk at home is farrrr to small, :(

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    They make a 23"? Do you mean a 22? I know that many (read: mine) of the 22" Acers have an almost washy glossy screen. See if you can look at a demo model, because the 24s actually have a bigger surface and the size difference as astronomical, despite what one would think.

Oh yes, it's a 23".

And boy, was my triple screen setup FREAKING AWESOME. The thing came with a few extra cables and then I found a spare DVI, which meant I could get rid of my DVI adapters, hook up both my Acers to the video card correctly, and VGA my bro's monitor to the motherboard's onboard. All worked out perfectly and like a charm.

The only thing that sucked is that the power of my new acer just made me realize how much my brother's monitor sucks >__> I'mma give that thing back to him once I have enough money for even another 20", I just don't want his old thing. The CCC detects it as a CRT, and I'm pretty sure that's not good.

Well, my Christmas gift to myself was a VHD of Windows 95. It's not too bad, but I can't have Google Chrome on it. ;_; Well, it's native IE isn't too bad. Just CSS isn't too good on it.

Windows NinetyWHAT?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Well, my Christmas gift to myself was a VHD of Windows 95. It's not too bad, but I can't have Google Chrome on it. ;_; Well, it's native IE isn't too bad. Just CSS isn't too good on it.

Try K-Meleon, although you may need to install Vcredist.exe

Buoysel

Years
  • Wow, I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about the Windows 9x/ME let alone use it.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Damn. On the other side of things, I think I have a VM of Mac OS 7, but it probably doesn't work anymore. I know the one of OS 9 does, though... let's see...

Spoiler:

Wheeeee it works

I'm pretty sure if I try hard enough I can get OS 7 working again (Apple distributes it for free and I think I can find the Old World ROM for it). Who knows?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You could probably pull it off with Virtual Box.

Actually you're completely wrong. I think the program that you need is called Basilisk II. VirtualBox won't handle this because this uses 68k emulation (even before the PPC days!), and if I'm not mistaken VirtualBox only handles Intel instructions. So yeah. You also need an Old World ROM to start it up, and I'm not sure where to get them. :/

@Team Fail: Possibly, you just need the appropriate drivers for your hardware. I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

Also, I'm now one step closer to having a new computer. Tomorrow, I'll order the components that are on sale and within my immediate budget, and then get the rest of the stuff later after I sell some of my unused electronics and video games. With any luck (and I want to be lucky), my new computer will be assembled and finished by the end of next week :3

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
  • hey guys, need some help here! You see there's a website where I must keep updates on so I clicked their RSS feed subscribe button. So where do I find these updates? xD

thanks~

All depends on what broweser you are using. To view your feeds in Internet Explorer 8, click the Favorites button, and then click Feeds. In Internet Explorer 7, click the Favorites Center button , and then click Feed

In Google Chrome and Firefox it looks like you must install an RSS reader addon.

(As a side note so people don't grab the pitchforks, you might want to try Google first next time)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, after weeks of figuring it out, I think I have my final configuration for my new rig! I've meticulously read through the comments on all of these (Newegg) and cross-verified every piece of hardware through either the manufacturer's website or the credible Hackintosh websites for OS X compatibility. I think it's good.

I'm going to purchase it in two phases; the first phase hopefully will be later today and will include the more expensive items that happen to be on sale/have rebates. The second phase will hopefully be carried out later this week or next week, depending on when I can get $200+ by selling some of my old electronics.
    Spoiler:

What do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back