• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Found the new Hoenn tins today, seems like most shops round me didn't get them but I found them in my Comic shop.

I heard the price of them have went up in America, nothing changed here.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Any luck in having the shop you bought them from rectify this error?

Nothing as of yet. I recent the cards back, 2 days ago. They should receive them either today or tomorrow. getting impatient though as I bought them because I was off work and would be home. I go back after Sunday so hoping they arrive fast. They said they would refund me when they receive their things back. Hope they do.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Are any of you guys that collect Cards "Poketubers"? As in, do you watch openings on certain channels or do you watch TCG Battles on Youtube? I'm trying to get into filming openings and discussions myself and just wondered if any of you guys did it.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Don't you love how the first thing people interpret "holo" is as "hologram" XD ?
it cracks me up every time I see it

Years
Don't watch any PokeTubers myself, currently. All the videos manage to make me feel is card envy, and encourage my more impulsive card buys, of which I have plenty as it is without something feeding them.

And the holo -> hologram connection is made because holofoil is not treated as an actual word by most spell checkers, and hologram is a far more widely known word.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 30, 2015
can i get some help at building a good water/psychic type deck for tcg online? pm for suggestions!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Are any of you guys that collect Cards "Poketubers"? As in, do you watch openings on certain channels or do you watch TCG Battles on Youtube? I'm trying to get into filming openings and discussions myself and just wondered if any of you guys did it.

I watch a few, yes. What's your channel name? I'm also looking at getting in to it myself.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I watch a few, yes. What's your channel name? I'm also looking at getting in to it myself.

I attempted it last week, but it didn't go very well. I tried using my iPhone but the camera wouldn't focus at all and there wasn't even enough memory on my phone to record over 3 minutes. Sucked, I don't really want to buy a camera either.

If you get one set up let me know and I'll try and share it on my Instagram account and hopefully get you a few subscribers! :D

Years
I used to watch some TCG opening/unboxing videos and they always excite me. JWittz is one of my favorite PokeTubers and I always watch what he uploads, wish he'd make more videos with cards.. <3

Years
can i get some help at building a good water/psychic type deck for tcg online? pm for suggestions!

Keldeo EX and Mewtwo EX would totally wreck on baseline TCGO, but they don't exactly have good synergy.

Otherwise, look into a Round deck involving Politoed and Meloetta. The Round deck will probably be more fun long term.

I used to watch some TCG opening/unboxing videos and they always excite me. JWittz is one of my favorite PokeTubers and I always watch what he uploads, wish he'd make more videos with cards.. <3

Fun fact: JWittz has a PokeCommunity account he created 5 years ago to advertise his channel when he was just starting his channel when it was solely about the TCG. He has 15 posts on it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I attempted it last week, but it didn't go very well. I tried using my iPhone but the camera wouldn't focus at all and there wasn't even enough memory on my phone to record over 3 minutes. Sucked, I don't really want to buy a camera either.

If you get one set up let me know and I'll try and share it on my Instagram account and hopefully get you a few subscribers! :D

Aww, thank you. I only have one up atm. It's a bit basic. I'll be making another one after the weekend where I'll actually talk! Getting some Phantom Forces booster packs at the weekend. Anyway, this is my first little attempt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zZOZyhH2LjA

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 30, 2015
Keldeo EX and Mewtwo EX would totally wreck on baseline TCGO, but they don't exactly have good synergy.

Otherwise, look into a Round deck involving Politoed and Meloetta. The Round deck will probably be more fun long term.

what do you mean by round deck? Im pretty new to playing tcg online/official tcg playing.

Years

what do you mean by round deck? Im pretty new to playing tcg online/official tcg playing.

A couple of the cards for the two Pokemon I mentioned have an attack called Round, which gets more powerful the more Pokemon you have in play that have the attack. The deck built around this attack is usually referred to as a Round deck, named after the attack.

Okay, after looking it up, the first Pokemon is Seismitoad, not Politoed. TopCut article on it from last year: http://thetopcut.net/2014/04/08/building-on-a-budget-round-deck-seismitoadmeloetta/

Some of the cards they use are not practical for most players, though, such as Tropical Beach, which is an extremely expensive card.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
if you guys are looking for cards, ToysRUs is having a deal

buy one and get another TCG item at 40%. Might explore getting a pair of Primal Clash elite training boxes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I actually bought some of those the other day. Since it's such a small set even with four packs I got quite a few duplicates but all the cards look really nice (image wise. Competitive wise I didn't really look at because I don't really play the game anymore). Also got Kyorge EX which was really nice and just made it all worth it to me haha. But it's really neat getting say... both Aqua's and Magma's Mightyenas and seeing the different images on them and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back