• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got no TM87? Imma HM01 you! [TM & HM Speculation Thread]

Years
  • Maybe Iron Tail and Skill Swap could make a comeback as TMs? Skill Swap's good for Doubles (which we all know originated in RS) and Iron Tail's a strong, albeit somewhat inaccurate physical Steel move. Of course, there's also Shock Wave, which is another possibility~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe Iron Tail and Skill Swap could make a comeback as TMs? Skill Swap's good for Doubles (which we all know originated in RS) and Iron Tail's a strong, albeit somewhat inaccurate physical Steel move. Of course, there's also Shock Wave, which is another possibility~
    Then there's Secret Power which looks like the top contender to replace Rock Smash.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It will be good to have a wider variety of TMs to use in Hoenn, an additional 50 is certainly a boost from being limited to 50 in the originals. I'm assuming the newer TMs (51-100) will be included in the game as they did this with HGSS from DPPT, not to mention there was a new TM Pokéball in Fortree City.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I looked at the official ORAS site, and noticed at the section for the Knuckle Badge, it doesn't say if there would be a HM associated to it, because looking at the other badges, there are HMs associated to them, just like the original setup in RSE.

Does this mean we will only have 7 HMs and Flash will not be returning as HM or it will not be replaced by another move?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • You mean how they don't mention the HM anywhere? I assume it's just because they don't want to reveal anything through any means other than official announcement or playthrough yet. I think it's because maybe they would want to include the HM# with the move, and they want to keep the list a secret?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • You mean how they don't mention the HM anywhere? I assume it's just because they don't want to reveal anything through any means other than official announcement or playthrough yet. I think it's because maybe they would want to include the HM# with the move, and they want to keep the list a secret?

Doubt it. The other badges revealed so far all have an accompanying HM (Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf), all except Brawly's. I think Flash is no HM.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • In my theory,

Back in RSE there was Flash and Rock Smash as HMs, nowadays they are TMs.
    So I actually think we could get the TMs instead so we don't alter the TMs in RSE.
    Like in Granite Cave we get the Flash TM, and in Mauville City we get the Rock Smash TM.

However Dive will return as an HM since there is no existing TM of it.

Hm01 - Cut
    Hm02 - Fly
    Hm03 - Surf
    Hm04 - Strength
    Hm05 - Dive
    Hm06 - Waterfall

as for the Gym Leaders:

Roxanne: Tm39 - Rock Tomb
    Brawly: Tm08 - Bulk Up
    Wattson: Tm57 - Charge Beam
    Flannery: Tm50 - Overheat
    Norman: Tm42 - Facade
    Wynona: Tm40 - Aerial Ace
    Tate & Liza: Tm04 - Calm Mind
    Wallace: Tm55 - Scald

tnfsf11

If it was truly up to GameFreak they would turn all TMs into HMs. >:(
    I mean despite all the technological advancements apparent in real life & in-game we still have to teach useless unforgettable moves to our mons so they can cut a tree or smash a goddamn rock.

Why can't HMs be turned into TMs? They're both basically the same now only HMs can be forgotten through the Move Deleter only. If they made HMs naturally forgettable players could actually start teaching them to their team members (at least early in the game), & if the player gets stuck s/he can always teach an HM to one of his mons temporarily even if that mon has 4 HMs learned.

I can't believe GF still hasn't acknowledged the fact that players carry around HM slaves to this day & are not enjoying it...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I actually have not carried a true HM slave, rather having the HM moves spread out among several Pokemon. It's not that much of a hassle for me, unless the Pokemon already has three perfectly good moves which I don't want to replace.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't really have a true HM slave, other than my Water Pokemon, which has Surf, Dive, and Waterfall, which are pretty good moves tbh :x

Years
  • Yeah, I'm like you two in that I don't use an HM Slave much. My main Water-types tended to do all the surfing, diving and waterfall climbing lately. I know for one thing my team won't be so redundant like they were in the originals that's for sure.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I never had a HM slave after rock smash was revoked HM status.

Guess now I'll need one... Considering the move deleter is at Lilycove City.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I do find Hoenn is the only region where I've ever truly needed HM slaves due to the 3 water-type HMs...the only time I've had enough decent water-types is having Ludicolo and Swampert in the same team. Although the physical / special split means the likes of Crawdaunt are now valid team members, so maybe it isn't too bad any more.

Back