• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Emma, I love it, where do you get your pics? I google them but i cant find any good renders, the scanlines ar perfect, the font is a bit basic, but thats ok, 8/10, the glow around Naruto, don't like it that much, and it needs a border, other than that two thumbs up. :)
    and hows this
    Graphic Rating Thread

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Haunter Master said:
    Emma, I love it, where do you get your pics? I google them but i cant find any good renders, the scanlines ar perfect, the font is a bit basic, but thats ok, 8/10, the glow around Naruto, don't like it that much. other than that two thumbs up

Thanks ^^; I'll get rid of the glow, I agree it doesn't look right. I searched up on google Uzumaki naruto, You can find some good pics searching that.

Edit: I like it alot :D the text is awesome and stuff, The green could like a tad bit more lighter, so that it fits into the render perfectly ^^ Good stuff 9/10

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • This is a banner I made for someone but first I want to see if its allright
    Graphic Rating Thread

Yep, could anyone give it a rate?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    :think: wonder who you made it for =P
    the bg looks a little plain.. add some effects to it..and some white and maybe smudge it ..

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • ____ said:
    :think: wonder who you made it for =P
    the bg looks a little plain.. add some effects to it..and some white and maybe smudge it ..

I made that one about two weeks, but yeah I wasn't that great xP

Thanks and yeah the Back is to dark and too blue, and I may remove the Naruto,Sasuke,Rock Lee picture and put something else

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
    Years
  • hummm... let's see... I've got kind of artistic with my bishie claims XD

can someone rate this??

Graphic Rating Thread

here's the original version o___O
    Graphic Rating Thread

which one looks nicer?? u//////u

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Karmillina said:
    hummm... let's see... I've got kind of artistic with my bishie claims XD

can someone rate this??

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

It looks great ^^ You did a great job with the transparency and the colours match nicely with the pictures.
    They could use borders, though.

I personally prefer the bottom one. It has a cold feel to it, and I like cold colours.
    Steven's name is a bit hard to read on that one, though. But that isn't anything to worry about.

8/10 just fix the thing with the border, I'm sure it'll look much better if you do ^_^

I'd like someone to rate my first animated banner, please.
    Graphic Rating Thread

Any comments and criticism will be appreciated. Oh, and keep in mind that the animation might appear tacky if you have a slow computer or internet connection.

And by the way, I know the picture of the Pokémon Emerald main character is fuzzy, but I couldn't find a better one x_x

Years
  • Karmillina said:

can someone rate this??

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

yay I'm a bishie, lol, I definatly like the dark one more

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Rawr! I'm trying out a style of banner making.
    It's the grid background thing.
    They suck, but feel free to use them.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Just make the font a little darker so we can read what it says

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Strawberry Delcatty said:
    Very nice effects with the text.

https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5687/wallpaper11hg.jpg
    A wallpaper I've made. It's my first, too.
    It's alright since it's your first, but it's too plain and it needs some work...which is why you came here! To get some suggestions ;D Anyway, I like the render you used (Kirby) and the Kitty, but you shouldn't just add those two without somehow creating a reason why you added them or people would think they aren't related somehow and they would think that you just randomly added them. Like, put some quote under the two or explain what they are. Try looking at other wallpapers and you'll see what I mean since I'm not good at explaining ^^;; The text is alright, but too plain and the type of font you used is kinda overused ;xx I don't blame you for using it though, I use it quite a bit, but it's better to add some effects to the font if its going to be one of those "common fonts". Try adding a stroke or do things to it to make it look pretty and standoutish. The background is nice and I like the swirly effect, however, it's too plain for myl liking ;xx Maybe create some swirly brushes so you can use them on the edges to make them less plain? Also, blending the renders into the background isn't always good since it doesn't look so good, you know what I mean...? ^^;;; Try making the renders normal next time and add blurs and effects to it to make it prettyful. Then you'll have a pretty nice wallpaper. Sorry if it seems like I was a bit too mean, but I'm just trying to help you improve ^^;; Well, it's an okay job overall. Good luck!

Haunter Master: I've rated your banners in your thread so I don't need to do it a second time ^^;

Feraligator1.0 said:
    So I post a banner to get rated? Ok, here is one I made, I think it is real good, made with GIMP, credit to Suta Ratio for the blaziken.

Graphic Rating Thread

Got an avatar to it too.
    Graphic Rating Thread
    The banner is okay. *pokes the border* PLEASE PLEASE! Don't use bevel and embross for the border, it's just so unprofessional and it just looks bad .__.; It's hard to explain, but it does...seriously. The lens flare, it looks like you were trying to make Blaziken look like an actual fire type Pokemon and make him look "hot" XD but it's too bright and it wasn't really used in a "smart way" sorry to say. I dunno if it's possible, but try blending it...? I dunno...I don't use Lens Flare that much...but I think you can fade it. Yeah, try doing that and it won't look so bright. Also, the render, try taking your time when you extract images, if you see white spots, make sure you get rid of them. They make banners look bad TT The background is kinda too plain, try using brushes? Or even be like me and don't use brushes, but use motion blurs on your render so it takes up the empty space or use some type of background that's interesting to look at. The scanlines are too dark as well. Next time, overlay them and put it at an Opacity of 40 or so, just make it look lighter than it is now so you can barely see it, but it's noticeable. The avy, it takes a while to actually know that it's Blaziken's head in the avy. Take my advice about the Lens Flare that I said earlier and the border. That is all. Oh wait, and the text. Maybe do a matching color text so it doesn't stand out. The type of text you used is okay though...kinda. Well, that is all ^^;; Good effort though ;D

SETH_xd001: Sorry to disappoint you, hun, but this is a graphics rating thread, not a Pokemon profile rating thread. Plus, if it wasn't Pokemon, it is still not a graphic. It was made on Paint, I can tell ;xx

Emma said:
    Ello ^^ Please rate this :D

Graphic Rating Thread
    It's very good! One of the best graphics I have seen in a while, to tell you the truth. I don't really care for that pic of Naruto, mainly because the quality isn't all the good, but the background, very nice. The border, nice, simple, but not too simple XD and the font you used for your name and how you blended it into the background, but kept it visible, brilliant! Great job :3 I just don't care for the stroke you put on Naruto, but it's good overall ^_^

Rock Lee said:
    This is a banner I made for someone but first I want to see if its allright
    Graphic Rating Thread

Yep, could anyone give it a rate?
    It's pretty good. It's simple and the animation is simple and sweet. I like the overall theme of the banner as well. All I can really say is that Naruto, Sasuke and Lee should be moved to the left a little so they don't crowd Sakura too much. It's a good effort though! ^_^

Karmillina said:

can someone rate this??

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Although I like the second one because of the color you used and it seemed more fitting, I think the first one is better. First off, I like how you put up all your bishies in one banner and used that barcode thingy XD Although, the second one, the blending was a bit too much so you can't really see the awesomeness of the bishies and you can't read the text too well. Otherwise, I like both of them, good job ^_^

Smarties-kun said:
    I'd like someone to rate my first animated banner, please.
    Graphic Rating Thread

Any comments and criticism will be appreciated. Oh, and keep in mind that the animation might appear tacky if you have a slow computer or internet connection.

And by the way, I know the picture of the Pokémon Emerald main character is fuzzy, but I couldn't find a better one x_x
    It's a rather simple, animated banner and you really didn't do much except crop, add the text and border and animated it, but it's rather sweet for how simple it is. I can't really say much, but all I can say is that the images are a bit blurry. Maybe use the wonders of the Gausian Blur to make it better and make it all prettyful and such? Also, use fade after it so the blurring doesn't make it worse ;xx Good job though! ;D

Crimson Tears said:
    Rawr! I'm trying out a style of banner making.
    It's the grid background thing.
    They suck, but feel free to use them.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread
    Ohhh, nice background. I like the pattern you used and the border is lovely <3 However, the color you used for the background doesn't seem to match either characters which is rather crucial. Perhaps, for the first one, use a red background and the second, use a purple one? That's all I can really say. Good job and nice effort though! ^_^
    =============

Okay, you guys are fun to rate and everything XD but can someone rate my new banner I made for my friend's forum? Thanks ;D
    Graphic Rating Thread

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Here is my newest one i've made
    please rate it

Graphic Rating Thread

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • It's so prettyful <3 I love the pic you used and the color scheme for it overall. I like the patterns you added to the background which gives the whole thing a nice touch and the text is good too. All I can really say is that the border shouldn't be so simple, it kinda ruins all the complexion of the overall banner ;xx Good job overall though! 10/10
    --------

Would someone like to rate my new theme as well?
    Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    your new theme is great i just kinda can't read the font

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Shugotenshi, the font is hard to read as black and faint red glow clashes against the background. That notwithstanding, though, it's very good.

Now for my pic, heralding my newest blog entry....

Graphic Rating Thread

Blizzara

Yakujo Tatsujin
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2006
    Crystal Walrein: Did you make that from scratch? If you did 9/10, if you didn't 5.2/10

Anyone mind rating my new theme?

Last edited:

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Crystal Walrein said:
    Shugotenshi, the font is hard to read as black and faint red glow clashes against the background. That notwithstanding, though, it's very good.

Now for my pic, heralding my newest blog entry....

Graphic Rating Thread

It look pretty Sweet
    i really like it

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    It looks really nice i see the scanlines
    ^^ keep it up

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, I MAY sound stupid for asking some of these questions, but..

Shugotenshi no Bakura said:
    Anyway, I like the render you used (Kirby) and the Kitty, but you shouldn't just add those two without somehow creating a reason why you added them or people would think they aren't related somehow and they would think that you just randomly added them. Like, put some quote under the two or explain what they are.
    I just like to put my favorite characters in my graphics stuff. I pretty much let the pictures I chose do the talking. That, and I like to be random, so I normally don't have a reason when it comes to putting characters in.

The text is alright, but too plain and the type of font you used is kinda overused ;xx I don't blame you for using it though, I use it quite a bit, but it's better to add some effects to the font if its going to be one of those "common fonts". Try adding a stroke or do things to it to make it look pretty and standoutish.
    Fiolex Girls overused? I don't see it too often, and it's one of my favorite fonts. Also, I really don't know how to make the fonts flashy like everyone else does. I'd rather goof around with stuff than read the tutorials.

And before you ask, no, I do not and never will have Photoshop. I use VCW VicMan's Photo Editor, Serif PhotoPlus 6.0, and sTile. I sometimes use MS Paint. I doubt there are any tutorials for the first three here, and MS Paint seems frowned upon when it comes to making graphics.

The background is nice and I like the swirly effect, however, it's too plain for myl liking ;xx Maybe create some swirly brushes so you can use them on the edges to make them less plain?
    Swirly brushes? What are those?

Also, blending the renders into the background isn't always good since it doesn't look so good, you know what I mean...? ^^;;; Try making the renders normal next time and add blurs and effects to it to make it prettyful.
    Well, rendering like that is all I know to do since I'm completely lost with the complexity of graphic programs. And I don't know how to add blurs.

Sorry if it seems like I was a bit too mean, but I'm just trying to help you improve ^^;; Well, it's an okay job overall. Good luck!
    Well, thanks (even though I didn't understand half the stuff you said).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back