• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Tutorials Thread

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I'll just link you to this tutorial made by Bred.
+ Click +
That's one way of using clipping masks. Hope that helps.

Thanks, that my life a lot easier.
now im try this out and see how it turns out until i return here for more help :P

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Well guys, heres a tutorial from the Renyui, type guy!

Colour Sig Tut
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop Elements ( will definately work with other versions.)
Required: Smudge Brushes, Render, and a good taste in Colour (optional)
Skill Level: Easy to Medium-ish.
Outcome:
sasukecolour.png
there's another in the Tut.
Tutorial: Clickeh.
It's only a small banner, nothing big.

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Lancelot Tutorial
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS
Required: A couple of abstract C4Ds, effect C4Ds, render, general knowledge of the program.
Skill Level: Medium to hard.
Outcome:
lancelot.png

Tutorial: Link.

I forgot to mention that with the abstract C4Ds, you keep them on Normal, 100% opacity. Oh, and make a new layer for each step. If enough people want the PSD, I'll upload it as well.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
What a coincidence, I was about to send you a VM asking if you could make a tut of your latest banner. xD

Hazuki

delenda est.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Program Used: Photoshop CS2, I think it might work for all Photoshops and GIMP
Required: A text brush, or some kind of icon brush =/
Skill Level: Not too hard, not too easy. So mediocre. xD
Here is the link
Outcome:
jokericon-1.png

Really this is just to let you know everything is not just brushes and C4Ds. ;D

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
How do I do clipping masks on gimp?

shonenshojo said:
Making clipping masks in GIMP is pretty easy. Alpha to Select your brushing layer > Select-Invert > Select your texture/background layer without disturbing Alpha to Select > Delete

^ I haven't tried it myself yet, so I don't know if it works. xD;

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
Three Tuts

WANTED Tut

Program Used: GIMP
Required: Render, Environmental Stock, C4Ds, Cloud/Smoke Brushes or Stocks, Great knowledge of Photoshop OR GIMP.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Outcome:
signaturepersona301oa3.png

Tutorial Link ||| Alternative Link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MANGA STYLE Tut

Required: A Manga Panel, Wireframes, C4Ds, Splatter Brushes, Vector Brushes, General knowledge of Photoshop OR GIMP.
Outcome:
signaturemihawk01kh4.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREATIVE SPRITE Tut

Required: Sprite, C4Ds, Splatter Brushes, Ocean Ripple (not included in GIMP), Cloud/Smoke Brushes or Stocks, General knowledge of Photoshop OR GIMP.
Outcomes:
signaturemarth01vk0.png
signatureike01ac1.png

signaturelucario01rr3.png

moments.

quixotic
Years
Nice tuts! I'd love to try out those sprite ones but it may be a bit difficult considering it is on GIMP and I use Photoshop....

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
Excatly like Color Me Evil said, it should be easy. PS has everything GIMP has and more, it would only problems if it was the other way around. GIMP using a PS tut.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
WANTED Tut

Required: Render, Environmental Stock, C4Ds, Cloud/Smoke Brushes or Stocks, Great knowledge of Photoshop OR GIMP.
Outcome:
signaturepersona301oa3.png

*Droooool*

I actually saw this tutorial on GIMPTalk awhile back, so this is an old tag, but I sorta-kinda used your tutorial in this one:

hisagifinishingtouches2.png

If you wanted to see an outcome. :| I actually stopped using it halfway through though. Because the Gimp... talk... was getting confusing. xD;

I'll have to try again sometime actually using GIMP though. I love this tag to the ends of the earth. <3333 Probably my most favorite GIMP tag ever. (I actually took a double take when I saw you on PC. xDD! I was like, "WAIT IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!?!")

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
Years
:D Aweeessoooommmme :D

Thx and I'm pretty sure that specific tut is confusing no matter what you use XD
I find it isn't really as clear as my newer tuts. Though your outcome looks like it it was coming together good.

----------------
Listening to: Lupe Fiasco - Go Go Gadget Flow
via FoxyTunes

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Those are some very nice tuts Conman.
I'll try the sprite ones later on.

Back