• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I actually didn't even realize it was a Friday the 13th today until someone mentioned it earlier.

Thinking of apple pies and stuff, I actually made an apple crumble the other week.
    ...I forgot to peel the apples beforehand, but it still came out really good.

Would make it again if I had more apples.

Bigelow makes a pumpkin spice tea, but it's a seasonal flavor so the stores don't always carry it. And they might have to special order it on a display shipper with a few other holiday flavors...like salted caramel tea which is the new flavor of the year. Everything's salted caramel now.
    Apparently my stores don't, since I didn't see it there. :( Wonder if it's at their fancier store. Or Walmart. Then again, I was looking at teas at Walmart just the other week and saw nothing of that sort, so that's probably a bust as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Thank goodness it wasn't Jason, since I'm pretty sure Friday the 13th has already past in Paris, but Muslim terrorists are just as bad. 100 dead hostages is both insane and sickening. My condolences to those who reside in Paris having any of their friends or families lost.

Years
  • Yeah, it's really horrible what happened :( then there was earthquakes in Japan and Mexico and bombings in Baghdad and Lebanon.
    Crazy day.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I had quite a good Friday 13th, bought myself a new jacket and upgraded to a new phone.

Awful, awful news about Paris. Thoughts are, of course, with family and loved ones of those involved.

Years
  • You guys are lucky then, Those look really cool.
    I know in this city at least they decorate the buses xD

Years
  • Nothing in my town gets decorated that's maintained by the city :( at least parking lots and private businesses decorate though!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • There's a few decorations around where I am, but not a whole lot yet. I imagine there will be quite a few more this coming week.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yay, I'm happy this thread is back. I didn't like Treehouse without it much honestly.

As for decorations, NYC is notorious for decorations. Personally, they can kind of get shoved in your teeth kind of obvious, but its still nice honestly.

Years
  • I like seeing everyone's decorations as we drive by, some people go all out and it's really nice to look at. And some stores have huge light decorations too.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    We're too busy preparing for Sinterklaas before we start putting up Christmas decorations. And even then, in my neighborhood, there usually isn't too much decorated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back