• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Woah. 4 votes for Hachiku? Since when was he popular?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I'm sorry, I don't know if this is the right place to post, but can someone tell me if there are gym leader rematches in this game?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm going to assume Dento, Poddo, and Koon are popular because it's the first time we've had three gym leaders in one gym. Although it didn't turn out to be a triple battle between them, I like the idea of having to battle one depending on the starter you choose.

As for me, I haven't decided which one I favorite the most yet. Since I won't be importing the Japanese versions, after the English version is released I'll wait to make a decision after I've battle them all. Things I'll be looking for is their little role before the battle, how much of a challenge they put up and the character design overall.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Here's something that crossed my mind about Shaga and Iris. Both of them have the same Pokemon, so instead of Shaga having Onondo and Ononokusu, he could have Jiheddo and Sazandora (yes, I know that both will be underlevelled, but at least there's some variety).

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    I like Dento, Poddo and Koon.I finished this game last week,it's fantastic :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Aloe
    Spoiler:

What?! I had such high hopes for the rest of the gym leaders.. :( I thought wow if this is the 2nd gym leader I can't wait to fight the later gym leaders! If she was the toughest nut to crack, then the rest of the game is going to be v. boring indeed.

I just beaten Arty. His toughest Pokemon was surprisingly Hoyga (Bug/Poison). But I had a Mogryuu with Dig so that didn't pose much of a problem for long. Hahakomori was super weak as long as you had a flying or fire type. Ishzumai hit quite hard but went down easily with water type attacks thrown at it.

I'm kind of disappointed they put in another bug gym leader. We have too many bug gyms already!

I'm hoping in future you get to double battle or triple battle the gym leaders and their assistants.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I'm kind of disappointed they put in another bug gym leader. We have too many bug gyms already!

Yeah that bug dude is only the second bug gym, so I am happy that there is another bug gym leader. Though he reminds me of a jester.

Years
  • They are decently strong as you progress. I like how in each version, the 8th leader and town are different.

Back