• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • Wattson and Norman may still have their Emerald teams even though Wattson has Magneton as his ace (well it is his most consistent Pokemon, appearing in his PWT team too and in the original RS) instead of Manectric. There's still hope.

Also that bracelet Sydney has may be a plain normal one. I don't see the Double Helix on it.

This is quite an old post, but after zooming the picture as much as I could, I think there is a double helix in the bracelet.

Spoiler:

It's faint, but I can see a silhouette of the helical structure.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The thing with Sidney's "bracelet" is that the design of the strap along with the metal part that the jewel is sitting in are very, very similar to those found on watches, not bracelets. It could be a bracelet, but it looks a lot more like a watch. And watches don't have jewels set into them like the one Sidney is wearing, their faces are flat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was called his "Mega Watch" in-game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sidney's too cool for a watch 8| (I kid.) ...Though, Mega Watch does sound pretty cool~ If they make Gen. IV remakes, they could make the Poketchs "Mega Watches", too!

re: the zoomed in pic, that could just be another design; the hemisphere still looks more golden then rainbow, too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I imagine Glacia with a royal looking Mega Scepter. Drake with a Mega Chained Necklace similar to Archie's.

A Mega Scepter would be the coolest thing ever. It would fit her design really well, too.

I don't know why, but I always felt like Glacia was kind of old, too. But you're right, she looks fairly young in the art; no wrinkles or anything. I guess it was just her facial shape combined with her kind of older way of dressing. Either way a scepter of some sort would really enhance her elegant design, regardless of how old they decide to make her for these games. If not a scepter, it could easily be some added jewelry or maybe even a part of her belt or belt buckle, which is really pronounced in her design.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A Mega Scepter would be the coolest thing ever. It would fit her design really well, too.

I don't know why, but I always felt like Glacia was kind of old, too. But you're right, she looks fairly young in the art; no wrinkles or anything. I guess it was just her facial shape combined with her kind of older way of dressing. Either way a scepter of some sort would really enhance her elegant design, regardless of how old they decide to make her for these games. If not a scepter, it could easily be some added jewelry or maybe even a part of her belt or belt buckle, which is really pronounced in her design.

I can see a Mega necklace with a chain similar to the one on Sidney's bracelet/watch.

Years
  • I believe she'll have a Mega Belt. You can fit a key stone in there.
    Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Gym Leaders and Elite Four
    I can see Drake having a Mega Chain as previously stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Well all revealed designs of E4 haven't been DRASTIC changes from the original, so I don't think Glacia will receive a dramatic change either.

That would fit too. It'll be clearer than Sidney's as his jewel is at odd angle so it's hard to tell if it is a Mega item or not.

I would even accept a Mega Compass since he's a sailor/captain. That would be neat haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
  • Well all revealed designs of E4 haven't been DRASTIC changes from the original, so I don't think Glacia will receive a dramatic change either.
    Unless we see a difference between those two compared to the others. I do think they'll stay largely the same.
    I see Drake becoming tan.

Years
  • So far Sidney's received the biggest redesign of the Pokemon League members (he gained an outfit change, and his face is more rectangular than before), so it's possible Glacia and/or Drake will go through bigger changes as well. I agree I can see Drake being tan; as for Glacia, maybe she could have a nice light blue dress?

Years
  • Expro, please remember not to double post (post twice or more in a row)! Just edit your post to include more information or you can use the multiquote button (usually next to the "quote" button) to quote more than one person at a time. Thanks. =)

And may I just say how adorable Roxanne and especially Phoebe are? I was never a fan of Phoebe's in R/S/E save for her outfit as she seemed pretty generic. My opinion has now taken a complete 180.

Years
  • Expro, please remember not to double post (post twice or more in a row)! Just edit your post to include more information or you can use the multiquote button (usually next to the "quote" button) to quote more than one person at a time. Thanks. =)

And may I just say how adorable Roxanne and especially Phoebe are? I was never a fan of Phoebe's in R/S/E save for her outfit as she seemed pretty generic. My opinion has now taken a complete 180.
    Really? Phoebe looks the same, it's only her pose that has changed. I guess a pose can cause people to shift to the opposite opinion in terms of design xD.
    I've always loved her design, I'm glad they didn't change her up.

Years
  • I think her face looks a lot nicer overall. Her official art was mediocre at best before and that really changed the way I viewed her bahaha. But you're right that the pose definitely can change things!

Spoiler:

She's a lot more child-like and innocent now, fitting.

Years
  • There's also the possibility of Phoebe's leg bracelet not being on her in ORAS, though I'd assume it's hidden behind her skirt. But Sheep's reasoning is basically why I like her: she's a lot cuter-looking than she was in RSE. On a similar note, Sidney's new design made him a lot tougher-looking, which is rather fitting.

...And on that note, I came to notice a somewhat interesting coincidence: each one of the Pokemon League members can represent each of the contest categories. Sidney's tough, Phoebe's cute, Glacia's beautiful, Drake's cool, and Steven's smart. (Alternatively, Sidney can be seen as cool and Drake as tough.) Highly unlikely that was Game Freak's intention, but it's still something to note XD

Years
  • Not sure if it's fitting for her to look more childlike. We didn't really learn much about her personality in RSE. I liked her smile in RSE's art the best <3

Flannery changed the second least, but like Phoebe and Roxanne she's still awesome.

Edit: @ Yato For Emerald they are Sidney: Tough, Phoebe: Cute, Glacia: Smart, Drake: Cool, and Wallace: Beauty.

Back