• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

Zenite

the Pokemon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Anyone ever notice if you go back and forth between a city and a route, one of those running legendaries are SUPER easy to catch? All you gotta do is wait for it to appear in the route you are next to and search the grass. I didn't use any hacks, just the map in the Poketch.

Dasseo

Pokemon Pimp
    Years
  • Giratina.
    I like to catch Legendaries with normal pokeballs-- Actually, I like to catch everything I bother keeping with regular pokeballs-- and Giratina made me use around 40-45 pokeballs total.
    I lost a couple times by not coming with my good pokemon and underestimating it, got bored a couple times, ect. so I ended up paying it quite a few visits.

Mespirit was easy for me. Mean Look from my Umbreon, hack away at it's soul and throw a couple pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Cresselia (Meet more than 20 times, used more than 40 Great Balls and Ultra Balls)
    Mesprit (Meet more than 10 times, used about 30 Ultra Balls)

Redline

Stare into the blankness
    Years
  • for me probably Giratina, I got so annoyed with him that I used my master ball on him.

I caught Dialga with a quick ball and Palkia with my 4th Dusk Ball.

Tip: Get a dugtrio and use him against zapdos. His ability prevents zapdos from fleeing and dugtrio is completely immune to zapdos' attacks.

Lucasandgang

Pokemon Coordinator
    Years
  • Giratina was the hardest for me,it took me umm... about... 10 days, 4 hours and 2 mins to capture it.LOL so long worse then others XD

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • MESPIRIT!!!!!!

Argh! I still haven't caught it! My brother has though, and he just traded it me so I have it on my pokédex heh...

I think Uxie was really hard to catch... it took me way too many Pokéballs T_T I'm still crying over the cost!!!!!

Azelf was pretty easy to catch :) And Girantina I just used the master ball, but It was pretty easy to catch with just a ultra ball on Diamond.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 15, 2009
    I would say Uxie because it had beaten almost my whole team except for Palkia, I received from friend who had pear, and i tried all the balls I could. Ultra was out, Poke ball was out, great ball was out. All I had left was timer ball. I used one timer ball and I caught it.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Personally, I thought the entire Lake Trio was a real pain to catch, but Mesprit was probably the most annoying because she liked to run around Sinnoh - at least Azelf and Uxie stayed in one place!

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • The Palkia in Pearl, i ran out of Potions after Cyrus, and was ~10 levels below Palkia, so i had to use my Master Ball on it :(
    Half my team was fainted, and the rest badly hurt; and a Crobat doesn't have a very big chance of surviving anything from a 10 levels over it Palkia...

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Got some more legends on Platinum so i have more to say, but Giratina is easily the biggest headache on this one, absolutely insanely hard. Dialga and Palkia were incredibly easy, with Dialga being the overall easiest legend to catch, taking one ultra ball. Palkia took 5, heatran took around 5-10.

The roaming ones will always be hard, but as long as you get the three birds to use up their PP for Roost, your fine.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    in platinum Giratina
    it took me 12 tries(I was counting) while palkia and Dialga (lv 70)only took me about five balls each
    in pearl, Heatran
    it took me 7 tries to catch it

Years
  • Funny how it took me 1 ultra for Dialga, 2 for Palkia,and 5 for giratina.

But.....Uxie gave me a bi**h of a time. 28 ultra balls!? What the hell is the point of that!?

Years
  • Mespirit: it runs away on the first turn every time you battle it. it was also kinda irritating but funny that when you put it to sleep it still has the ability to flee.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • So far in my Platinum journey I have recently passed Giratina. It took me two tries, got em' on the third try. Went through 2 Dusk Balls, 8 Ultra Balls, and I finally nailed it with a Great Ball, go figure.

Back