• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has this ever happened to you?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I do recall when I tried to release one of my Machop eggs. It had an HM move so I think that's why it wouldn't release.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I have two Pokemon on Diamond, Floatzel and Vaporeon, and neither of them will travel to Pokemon ranch, but i havn't had any come back after been released because i never release a Pokemon, just store them away.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It happened to my Geodude once as well. The only reason why I think is because it had the HM move rock smash.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Nope, this has never happened to me but I had heard about it previously from friends.

Boomerang Pokemon? Ha! No it's never happened to me but if it did without me knowing it was possible it would've really creeped me out!

I know what you mean. I'd be like "Oh sh-"

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I believe the first time it happened to me was with a Geodude. I had like two or three Geodudes and I wanted to release one but it had Rock Smash. I remember trying to release a Golemn as well. It didn't release because it had the HM move strength.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    If a Pokemon has a high friendship rating with you, it will come back every time you attempt to release it.

Yeah i don't think that is true i released my Torterra by accident and it was at max friendship level so i don't think that is true. But thank god i had saved it not that long before going to the PC

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
    It Happened To Me...I Was Just Testing If Squirtle Would Leave But It Did Not...It Also Doesn't Want To Go To My Pokemon Ranch...It Doesn't Have To Love You My Sister Had A Bibarel She Never Uses And It Doesn't Wanted To Be Realease...Later On It Will Be Able To Release Like My Squirtle It Now Goes To My Ranch...:)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    One time I tried to release my HM slave, Bibarel. Of course it knew surf, strength, etc. So I couldn't release it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I also remember trying to release a Bidoof of mine. I didn't know it knew the HM rock smash so I was a little shocked at first.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I remember saying I had tried to release my Pelipper once, but it came back. I think the reason for that is because it knew the HM Fly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    oh kool...
    BTW if u release an UT pokemon e.g. Mespirit u could find it again but the chances of that is lower than finding a shiny!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    oh kool...
    BTW if u release an UT pokemon e.g. Mespirit u could find it again but the chances of that is lower than finding a shiny!

I never tried that before, maybe one day I will?

Anyways, I think I tried releasing a Rayquaza in Pokemon Pearl, but it wouldn't release because it knew Fly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If a Pokemon has a high friendship rating with you, it will come back every time you attempt to release it.

Yeah that's happened to me.
    But It didn't happen with friendship.
    It couldn't of been.
    I got it from a trade from my brother.
    Then i tried releasing it immediately.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    OK...
    so pokemon will always stay of HM's or a Friendship Bond.
    still looking for more stories people.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    OK...
    so pokemon will always stay of HM's or a Friendship Bond.
    still looking for more stories people.

I think that's all they won't be released for. Of course, there could be more things why they won't release that I don't know of.

Machamp is another pokemon that won't be released out of my hand. Though sometimes it is fun that it won't be released.

Back